Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Is "Biker and Mechanic" magazine still going?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Is "Biker and Mechanic" magazine still going? Reply with quote

I used to read this all the time when I was last riding bikes and loved it.I'm pretty sure it had the cartoon "OGRI" in it.
I just did a google and couldn't find it anywhere so i wondered if it had changed name or stopped printing it?

If it's not made anymore then what bike mag do you read and would recommend?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:20 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGRI is now on the back of BIKE magazine Wink
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The999Kid wrote:
OGRI is now on the back of BIKE magazine Wink


He hasn't been for about two years... Wink He's now in Back Street Heroes or something I think... but don't quote me as I don't buy BSH.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
. but don't quote me as I don't buy BSH.


Yeah,right,course you don't Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germ wrote:
Yeah,right,course you don't Wink


No, I'm more of a Classic Motorcycle Mechanics man.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tim..
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Classic Motorcycle Mechanics man.


Haven't read it for a while, brilliant mag though
____________________
Project builds: My VFR400 nc30 build thread + Honda Britain Rep VFR + What? Another VFR +Project 'cos I want one' + V8 coffee table
www.marshallracing.co.uk
OCD - Helping to bring the standard of my bikes up and make me slowly go mad since 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
but don't quote me as I don't buy BSH.


How strange, I thought it would suit you and your lifestyle.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 31 Aug 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
MarJay wrote:
but don't quote me as I don't buy BSH.


How strange, I thought it would suit you and your lifestyle.


Really? Never really liked magazines with centrefolds in...
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Really? Never really liked magazines with centrefolds in...


There's a certain deja vu here if you have a long memory Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:13 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Really? Never really liked magazines with centrefolds in...


There's a certain deja vu here if you have a long memory Wink


Well Sickpup... I'm over 30 now, my memory is not what it once was. Often I can't remember what happened to me 5 minutes ago!
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guess either the mag wasn't as popular as I thought,it was during the 80's that I used to read it.

I'm rapidly approaching my 50th so it's fair to say I may be a month or two older than most the people on here Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.2 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 78.1 Kb