Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Rear ended AGAIN

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

wilbur
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Rear ended AGAIN Reply with quote

OK for the second time in 10 months someone rode into the back of me.

He wanted to fix the damage "off the record" so I assume something dodgy with his insurance. Anyway after a few texts from him saying "Bring it round and my mate will fix it" I though fuck this and claimed through my insurance.

Damage is front indicator/brake lever, rear brake lever scraped fairing, belly pan, scraped engine cover, damaged horn, mirror, silencer.

I have agreed to a repair on the fairing/engine cover rather than replacement as I dont want the bike written off.

They are replacing the rear tyre as that is where he hit me. Now I'd prefer a BT45 but they want to put on a Dunlop Arrowmax. Now I understand they are a bit crap in the wet. I suppose my question is "Will that still be better than the crap OEM Dunlop its replacing ?"

Thanks in advance

(apologies for posting this in the wrong place first time Wink )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace like for like, accept nothing less.

I had a BT45, I want a BT45.
My fairing had no crack, I want a fairing with no crack.

So what if they write it off, you will either find a better bike or buy it back anyway.

A panel wont write it off...unsure of bike, but 1 crack wont write it off surely.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wilbur
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Replace like for like, accept nothing less.

I had a BT45, I want a BT45.
My fairing had no crack, I want a fairing with no crack.

So what if they write it off, you will either find a better bike or buy it back anyway.

A panel wont write it off...unsure of bike, but 1 crack wont write it off surely.


It currently has a stock OEM Dunlop. I was planning on putting BT45s on. A new fairing sprayed and fitted is lots of money. I wont get a better example of a very low mileage GPZ500S in the UK.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilbur wrote:
It currently has a stock OEM Dunlop. I was planning on putting BT45s on. A new fairing sprayed and fitted is lots of money. I wont get a better example of a very low mileage GPZ500S in the UK.


Well is the tyre the same make and model as they one that was there before the shunt? If so.. then fair to them.

A new fairing sprayed and fitted.. depends.. I would want it out back how it was personally but if you are happy with a cracked fairing its your choice...just be aware if you happen to have an accident again and it re-cracks im sure as you got it repaired it wont be covered?? The price of a repair will probably be close to the new panel I'd reckon.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wilbur
Traffic Copper



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
wilbur wrote:
It currently has a stock OEM Dunlop. I was planning on putting BT45s on. A new fairing sprayed and fitted is lots of money. I wont get a better example of a very low mileage GPZ500S in the UK.


Well is the tyre the same make and model as they one that was there before the shunt? If so.. then fair to them.

A new fairing sprayed and fitted.. depends.. I would want it out back how it was personally but if you are happy with a cracked fairing its your choice...just be aware if you happen to have an accident again and it re-cracks im sure as you got it repaired it wont be covered?? The price of a repair will probably be close to the new panel I'd reckon.


Its not cracked it has a minor scrape. Its a full fairing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 02 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ I thought you mean an actual gash in it. Thats a chip compared to the scuffs I have Laughing Fair enough on just getting it re touched up etc.

Hope the claim goes fast!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.02 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 50.05 Kb