|
|
| Author |
Message |
| gdog74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gdog74 Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 24 Nov 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 07 Sep 2011 Post subject: Bike storage |
 |
|
Afternoon folks
I'm in the process of bike hunting at the moment, and have seen a couple that look good, including one which is VERY tempting. My main problem putting me off buying is storage. I don't have a garage and live in a terraced house, albeit on a reasonably quiet road. The bikes I've been looking at have had alarms, and it's likely something I'd fit if there weren't one. Likewise, I'd be looking at getting locks etc. I have a yard in front of the house, but it's too small a fit to get your typical 500-600 bike in and out of, so isn't an option.
I'm just a bit loathed to spend money on a bike and leave it out in the elements all day/night. Admittedly, I do this with my car, but somehow it doesn't seem right with a bike
With the exception of moving house to one with a garage, I'm a bit stumped. Any thoughts?
Cheers
Graeme |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Knot600RR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Knot600RR Scooby Slapper
Joined: 25 Aug 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dilyan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dilyan World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:27 - 07 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've seen a 600cc bike parked in the front of a terraced house with a space that could barely fit 3 normal sized wheelie bins side by side and used to wonder whether the owner lifted it over the wall, the space is so tight Can you not try with a mates bike as with a bit of manoeuvring you might be able to fit it in?
The front of my house isn't very large either and at first it was a bit tricky getting my bike in as I wasnt used to it but now I can do it with ease and shouldn't have any problems when I get a bigger one as my mates ZXR1000 can fit in. The only thing is that I usually have to moan at my neighbours to leave my gateway clear as everyone parks on the road so it makes it harder to back the bike in if my gate is blocked. ____________________ Current ride - 2005 Suzuki GSX-R600 K4 - 2x 2014 Honda NC750s long term courtesy bikes - 2003 Fazer FZ6 written off as idiot reversed into me - 2009 YBR125 - still have from new |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| herulach |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 herulach World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 Apr 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SweenyT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SweenyT Trackday Trickster

Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:42 - 08 Sep 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've got loads of room in the back garden but I've got no side entrance and no way of negotiating it through the house and out the back door due to the design of the house.
It's easy enough for me to back it up to the front door past the gate then turn the front into the gap - a bit like a the Mod1 walking the bike (parking) manoeuvre in reverse - takes less than a minute now it's also easier for me to get the bike out.
A mate sometimes puts his bike in his through lounge and he wondered why he ended up separated from his wife....  ____________________ Current ride - 2005 Suzuki GSX-R600 K4 - 2x 2014 Honda NC750s long term courtesy bikes - 2003 Fazer FZ6 written off as idiot reversed into me - 2009 YBR125 - still have from new |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|