Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Helmet + Man flu = Horrible mess

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

leonski
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:43 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Helmet + Man flu = Horrible mess Reply with quote

Tbh I have a stinking cold and yesterday on the way back from my mates I had a sneezing fit it just was not just a small one it was many and very snottie.
When I managed to pull over, it was a right mess in my helmet and i nothing to help me clean it. Sick
Has this happened to any one else ?
____________________
there is nothing like the smell of 2stroke in the morning
current beasts..lol de-restricted ludix classic 50 fastest ped ive ever ridden
yamaha ybr 125 working progress ....... Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Helmet + Man flu = Horrible mess Reply with quote

Lick it Thumbs Up .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't sneezed in my helmet yet... if I have I cant remember.. but I really cant recall Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep. 20 mile commute through the backroads to stafford and back all year round on an rxs made my helmet a right state come summer.
____________________
3 Honda NC50's(Sold)-->'72 Puch Maxi S (Sold, want it back!)--> '90 Yamaha RXS 100 (Stolen)--> '87 Honda Cub 90(Sold) --> '95 Kawasaki Eliminator (Sold) --> '98 Bandit 600 (Sold) -->'07 SV650S (Current)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

jjdugen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try riding with Sinusitis! Thank God for flip helmets. Not advisable to ride behind me!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

temeluchus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Try riding with Sinusitis! Thank God for flip helmets. Not advisable to ride behind me!


The stopping on the hard shoulder of the motorway to vomit up a gutfull of swallowed snot is great as well!
____________________
Some shite cruiser. Now with guns and FREEDOM!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Germ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really bike related but friggin hilarious for those of us who saw it.....

Doing an exercise in the drill yard in full B.A. (breathing apparatus) on a Sunday morning.My mate (and BA partner) and I were running hose up the drill tower and he'd been playing hell about a bad hangover ever since start of watch.We'd just got back out of the tower and the whistle was just starting on my BA set when Gaz went kinda stiff and started trying to get his facemask off fast ....he was too slow and explosively vomited into his facemask which promptly filled up past his eyes!

I nearly pissed myself laughing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god man..!!! Get to bed immediately and stop playing the hero, you have man flu...you start doing things 'outside' of bed and woman-kind is not going to believe you are anything less than dying and in need of everything doing for you... Laughing
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germ wrote:
Not really bike related but friggin hilarious for those of us who saw it.....

Doing an exercise in the drill yard in full B.A. (breathing apparatus) on a Sunday morning.My mate (and BA partner) and I were running hose up the drill tower and he'd been playing hell about a bad hangover ever since start of watch.We'd just got back out of the tower and the whistle was just starting on my BA set when Gaz went kinda stiff and started trying to get his facemask off fast ....he was too slow and explosively vomited into his facemask which promptly filled up past his eyes!

I nearly pissed myself laughing.



Really, really, really, really wish I saw that! Laughing


Really.

Pissing myself just thinking about it Laughing
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

deleted111
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:21 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a case of the man flu a few weeks ago. I'd forgotten my lunch, and was hungry, so I rode home at lunch as I only work about 3 miles away.

I got myself some toast. Brown bread if you must know. A bag of crisps and some other stuff.

I wear a snood all year round, up to the bottom of my eyes. Don't really know why...

...ANYWAY. On the ride back to work I sneezed, but I'm one of those 'loud sneezers' and my mouth opens and I make a right noise. This time I made a right mess, too, and ran into the toilets as soon as i got into work to wash my face, and my snood to relieve it of brown bread and snot.

I panic everytime I think I'm going to sneeze on the bike now.

But, my helmet was fine!

Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter! You get a runny nose which you usually end up licking as starts to run down Sick
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

leonski
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
Good god man..!!! Get to bed immediately and stop playing the hero, you have man flu...you start doing things 'outside' of bed and woman-kind is not going to believe you are anything less than dying and in need of everything doing for you... Laughing
Thanks for the advice mrs is still at work im ready for my poor little soldier treatment Thumbs Up cough cough
____________________
there is nothing like the smell of 2stroke in the morning
current beasts..lol de-restricted ludix classic 50 fastest ped ive ever ridden
yamaha ybr 125 working progress ....... Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 28 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I went out on the road a fly went into my mouth when I had my visor down so lifted it up save getting anymore in, me being a numpty I spat it out without touching the visor... not the brightest thing I have done Rolling Eyes
____________________
CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Re: Helmet + Man flu = Horrible mess Reply with quote

leonski wrote:
Tbh I have a stinking cold and yesterday on the way back from my mates I had a sneezing fit it just was not just a small one it was many and very snottie.
Has this happened to any one else ?


Laughing Laughing been there, done that Laughing Laughing
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

leonski
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man flu is getting to me. So to avoid a repeat of the other day I've decided to get myself a flip face helmet so I may have chance not to make a nasty mess again. Embarassed

Or do any of you guys think different about flip face helmets?
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down Question
____________________
there is nothing like the smell of 2stroke in the morning
current beasts..lol de-restricted ludix classic 50 fastest ped ive ever ridden
yamaha ybr 125 working progress ....... Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

been there done that

also have rode under a tree as a bird shit

luckily the visor was shut
____________________
gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)
if its spelt wrong its my fat fingers and daft auto correct on my tablet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 29 Sep 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

So because you sneezed in your helmet the other day, you bought another one? Confused
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 95.65 Kb