Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My Ultimate FAIL moment

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: My Ultimate FAIL moment Reply with quote

I had one of those moments similar to that of a kill switch....

Buyer comes from far to buy my bike. He checks it over then says 'can you start it up please' I say sure and disarm the alarm, press the starter and get nothing at all Shocked

After many attempts of arming/disarming, opening the key surround to get to the immobiliser, trying all 3 keys I decided to call the workshop.

He says it could be anything like kill switch, battery, alarm etc etc. Then he said 'is it in neutral' I looked down at the lights.... Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

Put it in Neutral and it fired first time!

I R FAIL Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god Laughing

Bet that didn't give the buyer much confidence. Did he take it?
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep its gone Crying or Very sad
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dilyan
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like my first show to my mates - that day I got the bike, parked it outside for a couple of hours, tried to start it again after - nope. Half an hour later someone shouted: "Is it on choke?"

Oopsie Smile
____________________
Current: 2007 VFR800; Ex: 2001 YZF600R Thundercat
Škoda Octavia (yes, a taxi driver)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I binned my bike on black ice last week, I couldn't figure out why the right indicator wouldn't turn off. It wasn't until I got it home (all of 100 yards) that I realised that I'd been diligently sliding the headlight switch try and turn the indicators off. Embarassed

It doesn't take much to switch off the logical left hand side of the brain.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 10 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still though, that's nowhere near as bad as forgetting what the function of a choke is! Riding in summer and firing the bike every time on the button with no choke, the moment it gets colder, you begin to wonder why your bike won't start!

I've gone so far as pouring hot/boiling water on the tank and frame to get my old ZXR250 running!

This one time, I actually whipped the tank off and sprayed easy start into the air filter and carbs!

Never made that mistake again... purely because I'm running a fuel injected bike now.

Either way, you could be spannering away for an hour for the sake of a much forgotten lever!
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CEDR
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 07 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
When I binned my bike on black ice last week, I couldn't figure out why the right indicator wouldn't turn off. It wasn't until I got it home (all of 100 yards) that I realised that I'd been diligently sliding the headlight switch try and turn the indicators off. Embarassed

It doesn't take much to switch off the logical left hand side of the brain.


Hehe easy done. My friend has his first off last year and called my husband to help when he couldn't push the bike back to his house (was just around the corner). My husband turned up and suggested that if the bike was in netural, it might be easier to push.....

A few weeks ago I couldn't get my bike to run so couldn't get to work. Had a tantrum. Husband then asked if I'd rembered to turn the fuel back on..... oops! Smartarse husband!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JoeDougieDoug...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one similar... We tried to push the Gixxer we were rebuilding at the time forward a few feet to get the chain off, it was so stiff we couldn't push it too far... So we were all wondering whats going on, we checked if we'd left a disc lock on or either of the brakes had locked but it turns out it was in like 4th gear Laughing As soon as we switched it into neutral, it rolled forward easy....

Facepalm.
____________________
CBT Passed - 22 / 10 / 11 >> Theory Passed - 16 / 02 / 2012 >> Mod 1 Passed - 07 / 03 / 2012 >> Mod 2 Passed - 18 / 05 / 2012.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any consolation, after a few months after I'd passed my test I decided to go up to the local bike dealership to blag some test rides, ended up taking a Hayabusa out for a spin.

Got to the stage where the fuel light came on, so pulled into a garage in the middle of nowhere to put some petrol in...

Fine, got back on the bike, disarmed the alarm & hit the starter... NOTHING, started wondering what I'd done, spent the best part of an hour "broken down", eventually called the dealership and they sent out a recovery van.

No one actually told me that on Suzuki's you need to pull the clutch lever in to be able to turn the starter. Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ I did that with my uncles GSXR

*Press starter* 'uhh it's not working!' Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

olionel
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I did that one day.. total autopilot.. tired after work.. walk to the carpark as usual.. sit on the bike.. turn the key ignition comes on..fine and dandy... pull clutch in hit starter nothing... nothing... nothing... errr???? pause for a bit.. try again... then I saw this yellow light on the dash, thinking haven;t seen that too many times.. whats that..... looked a bit closer.. it said: SIDESTAND!!!!!

deeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr... fk you sidestand... lol
____________________
1989 CG125 - Childhood Sweetheart (she got kidnapped by baddies)
1998 ZXR400 - Teenage Love (lasted three years, then she turned lesbian and left me)
2001 XRV750 - Wife Material (still getting to know her but head over heels in love)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My xr has little in the way of security so a friend fitted super-duper-secret hidden killswitches that are operated by keys. I put my bike away after a muddy ride and turned off one of them but got distracted by applying padlocks and chains so forgot to do the others.

Next time I went to ride the bike I spent 20 minutes trying to kickstart the f****r before I remembered which one was turned off Embarassed My neighbour's dad even offered to give me a push to bump start it.

Does that make you feel better? It made me feel like a twat!
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 13 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long after i got a cheaper to run commute bike i stalled it at some lights.
I needed to push it out of the way after a short time.
Off comes the helmet for a fag and think moment, concerned for time as i was on my way to work.
Checking kill switch, fuse and power to all parts in general.
Then i remembered CG's have a kick start
____________________
GROWING OLD DISGRACFULLY
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MadCatLady
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:36 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn on ignition, clutch in, first gear, try to go - nothing!
Brain cell kicked in and I realised I hadn't pressed the start button! Embarassed
____________________
CBT - 06/07/11 Theory passed - 19/09/11 Module 1 - 00/00/00 Module 2 - 00/00/00

Yamaha YBR 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:04 - 15 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had my first bike back in 1975 I had not one clue about how to ride a PTW.I did not even have a crash helmet.I worked out most things for myself like how to start the thing but it seemed very sluggish when I pulled away with lots of clutch slipping.As nobody in my family rode a bike there was no one to ask.Eventually,while playing with the gearbox lever ,this green light illuminated next to the 'N' on one of the clocks.It was only then that I realised that it was one down and four up,not five down.

Embarassed Rolling Eyes
____________________
Just talk bikes.What else is there?

Always have a 'Plan B'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 88.54 Kb