|
|
| Author |
Message |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:22 - 10 Dec 2011 Post subject: My Ultimate FAIL moment |
 |
|
I had one of those moments similar to that of a kill switch....
Buyer comes from far to buy my bike. He checks it over then says 'can you start it up please' I say sure and disarm the alarm, press the starter and get nothing at all
After many attempts of arming/disarming, opening the key surround to get to the immobiliser, trying all 3 keys I decided to call the workshop.
He says it could be anything like kill switch, battery, alarm etc etc. Then he said 'is it in neutral' I looked down at the lights....
Put it in Neutral and it fired first time!
I R FAIL  ____________________ Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| HD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 HD World Chat Champion
Joined: 16 Dec 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:27 - 10 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh god
Bet that didn't give the buyer much confidence. Did he take it? ____________________ Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:34 - 10 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yep its gone  ____________________ Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dilyan |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dilyan World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:41 - 10 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like my first show to my mates - that day I got the bike, parked it outside for a couple of hours, tried to start it again after - nope. Half an hour later someone shouted: "Is it on choke?"
Oopsie  ____________________ Current: 2007 VFR800; Ex: 2001 YZF600R Thundercat
Škoda Octavia (yes, a taxi driver) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:27 - 10 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I binned my bike on black ice last week, I couldn't figure out why the right indicator wouldn't turn off. It wasn't until I got it home (all of 100 yards) that I realised that I'd been diligently sliding the headlight switch try and turn the indicators off.
It doesn't take much to switch off the logical left hand side of the brain. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Tot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Tot World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CEDR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CEDR Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 07 Jul 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JoeDougieDoug... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JoeDougieDoug... World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Oct 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:18 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Had one similar... We tried to push the Gixxer we were rebuilding at the time forward a few feet to get the chain off, it was so stiff we couldn't push it too far... So we were all wondering whats going on, we checked if we'd left a disc lock on or either of the brakes had locked but it turns out it was in like 4th gear As soon as we switched it into neutral, it rolled forward easy....
Facepalm. ____________________ CBT Passed - 22 / 10 / 11 >> Theory Passed - 16 / 02 / 2012 >> Mod 1 Passed - 07 / 03 / 2012 >> Mod 2 Passed - 18 / 05 / 2012. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Davo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Davo Davo To The Rescue!

Joined: 05 Apr 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:32 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it's any consolation, after a few months after I'd passed my test I decided to go up to the local bike dealership to blag some test rides, ended up taking a Hayabusa out for a spin.
Got to the stage where the fuel light came on, so pulled into a garage in the middle of nowhere to put some petrol in...
Fine, got back on the bike, disarmed the alarm & hit the starter... NOTHING, started wondering what I'd done, spent the best part of an hour "broken down", eventually called the dealership and they sent out a recovery van.
No one actually told me that on Suzuki's you need to pull the clutch lever in to be able to turn the starter.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rac3r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rac3r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:42 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
^^^^ I did that with my uncles GSXR
*Press starter* 'uhh it's not working!'  ____________________ Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| olionel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 olionel Brolly Dolly

Joined: 22 Dec 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:07 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
My xr has little in the way of security so a friend fitted super-duper-secret hidden killswitches that are operated by keys. I put my bike away after a muddy ride and turned off one of them but got distracted by applying padlocks and chains so forgot to do the others.
Next time I went to ride the bike I spent 20 minutes trying to kickstart the f****r before I remembered which one was turned off My neighbour's dad even offered to give me a push to bump start it.
Does that make you feel better? It made me feel like a twat! ____________________ Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BIKEVIDDER |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BIKEVIDDER Scooby Slapper
Joined: 06 Nov 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MadCatLady |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MadCatLady Scooby Slapper

Joined: 03 Jun 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:36 - 15 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Turn on ignition, clutch in, first gear, try to go - nothing!
Brain cell kicked in and I realised I hadn't pressed the start button!  ____________________ CBT - 06/07/11 Theory passed - 19/09/11 Module 1 - 00/00/00 Module 2 - 00/00/00
Yamaha YBR 125 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fizzer Thou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fizzer Thou World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Aug 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:04 - 15 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I had my first bike back in 1975 I had not one clue about how to ride a PTW.I did not even have a crash helmet.I worked out most things for myself like how to start the thing but it seemed very sluggish when I pulled away with lots of clutch slipping.As nobody in my family rode a bike there was no one to ask.Eventually,while playing with the gearbox lever ,this green light illuminated next to the 'N' on one of the clocks.It was only then that I realised that it was one down and four up,not five down.
 ____________________ Just talk bikes.What else is there?
Always have a 'Plan B' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|