Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How many helmets do you own?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

How many helmets do you own
None - my head isn't worth anything to me
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
1 - My helmet like cinderella's slipper
28%
 28%  [ 26 ]
2 - One for Summer, one for Winter
30%
 30%  [ 28 ]
3+ I've got enough to match all my jackets
38%
 38%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 91

Author Message

rubberhedgeho...
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 17 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: How many helmets do you own? Reply with quote

Hey all,

for general interest, how many helmets do you own (*edit: AND use more than once a month....)
How many would be too many?

I have 1 - Shoei Qwest in plain white, and I'm looking to add to it - maybe something colourful and with a sun visor from AGV.....

Would be interesed to find out if you've got Summer and Winter helmets, different types (full face, open etc), or different colour schemes of the same helmet.


Last edited by rubberhedgehog on 10:59 - 12 Dec 2011; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:28 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fit your categories, I have 2 lids, one I wear daily the other I never wear as it doesn't fit very well. I only keep it as it is basically brand new and now worth a fraction of what I paid for it. Your categories also exclude those with multiple lids because they keep the old ones when they wear out. I would shoot myself in the face before I went out of my way to colour match a helmet and jacket.


We need another option - Multiple lids, only one gets worn.


Daily wearer is a £100 HJC FG-15 in some gimpy colour scheme with dragons on it (was too cheap to turn down).

The lid I no longer wear is a £400 AGV GP tech in black. Bought it as a noob and it didn't fit right, soon stopped wearing it and it is now my spare.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Donny. I have 2 lids, one that is slightly too big so it is kept for pillion riding.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
I'm with Donny. I have 2 lids, one that is slightly too big so it is kept for pillion riding.


+1. This is my situation exactly.
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moxey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:18 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fit into the categories given if daily use is mentioned, only ever use my Shark S900 but still have my cheap Box lid for pillions ( has a tendency to mist no matter the weather/speed and dropped once or twice, yes I don't value my pillions skulls but they probably don't value their lives much anyway to get on the back Twisted Evil )
____________________
Current: 02 FZS 1000 & 91 Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Some Bike Pics...
'I was too busy paying attention to pay attention'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:27 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
I don't fit your categories, I have 2 lids


same.

i have 1 lid for the road and 1 i use on track.

XR1000 road, RaidII track.
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:41 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 6 at the moment from the last 2 years,
i have a filthy work helmet (dirty concrete dust fucks the liners)
a flip up job for around town
a helmet i use for long distance riding
as for the other 3 well, they get used when i happen to pick them up,

none are particuly expensive, i say none are worth more than about 70-80 quid new, and none match any particular item of clothing,
because we all know (if even secretly) that matching gear/bikes/helmets is just a sign of gayness shining through, and is up there with tucking your trousers into your boots
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:46 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 4 at the moment,

1. Commuting everyday use
2. Touring with intercom system fitted
3. Spare / pillion
4. One I picked up cheap as a future replacement and never used yet.
____________________
Previously Known As A5tra_G
Old Bikes :2010 Kawasaki ER6 F & 2000 Honda VTR Firestorm
Current Bike : XJR1300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hmmmnz Oh Poo. Embarassed

My black helmet matches my leathers and me n Chives(BCF) tuck our jeans inside our boots....we iz Gayers. Dance!

3 Helmets at present.
New one to replace my ageing V2R and an ancient FM...why i keep the old one's i don't know...Spares..Backup...Memories...Dunno.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Atomic Punk
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:53 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fit the list either I have about 6 I think

2 x Simpson RX's (Stig helmet)

Arai Moto TX

2 x HRC

1 x Flipup jobbie

Oh and another one for a pillion
____________________
I may have lost my way but I'm way ahead of schedule.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:58 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three

Arai Condor
Nitro
AGV

I only ever use the Arai, just the most comfortable / best fit.


Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I'm sitting I can see 4...

red one, batman one, red and pink one and a nitro.

there is a lazer at the brothers Laughing

I pick and choose any of the first 4... depends on mood (and whatever is closest to the door)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see 5 where I'm sitting, plus two in the cupboard, and my girlfriends is with her at work. That makes 8 that are mine.

My Daily helmet is a HJC IS16, there is a second HJC in the cupboard, and the girlfriends is also a HJC.

On top of the cupboard is:
Arrow A free Duchinni D701 that I got with my curtsey bike when my ZZR was written off.
Arrow The X-lite that I was wearing in the ZZR crash
Arrow My friends old Shark lid that I borrowed for the girlfriend when we first got together.
Arrow My dads old AGV lid that was a perfect fit for me, but I managed to lose a bit of the lining/padding so I've never worn it.
Arrow My RST MX style lid, it was what I wore on my first two bikes as they were more trail styled bikes, I still wear it on occasion, if I'm doing that kind of riding.

I've never thrown away a helmet, seems a bit wrong for some reason Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Beamexican
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 09 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three now cut down from about 8 as i don't like throwing them away.

Got an arai astro r for when its really cold and use an arai vx pro2 mx helmet the rest of the time, other one is a knackered old troy lee designs mx lid that i still keep as a spare for some reason.

Think i must have had about fifteen helmets now much to the annoyance of my missus.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only use 1, it has my scala set screwed through the side of it.

I have 5 or 6+ others here, 1 that is used for son when he comes on the bike and apart from one that gets worn very rarely the rest are old ones i've not thrown away.
Helmet usually gets replaced between 6 months and a year.
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently 5, with another on the way.

Have 2 old suomis in the cupboard upstairs "just in case" and a new one which is my current day-to-day (for now), have a non-branded cheapo that I picked up from Makro cos it was an excellent fit which is my summer lid, it's very lightweight but fogs up badly at this time of year. Have one that I picked up in Aldi (I think) that again was a very good fit but that I have never worn - this is my official spare/loaner.

Just waiting for George White to deliver me a new HJC that I tried on in J&S the other week but they didn't have in stock in my size in the design I wanted - being a glasses wearer I suffer badly from fogging in the winter and this will be my first experience of a proper anti-fog double visor system. Fingers crossed, cos I also suffer badly from chapped lips due to having to keep the visor cracked open at the moment!
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far too many. I wear one of three regularly but I think there is at least five or six more around the house. None are particularly expensive and I can't remember the name of the one I wear the most.
Some I buy and never wear so I tend to give those away after a bit.
____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bomberman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just two (not including the missus')

My old (five year old!) AGV K2
My new Caberg Konda. Which I'm not sure about, fits good but seems pretty drafty round the back of my ears Sad
____________________
'Allo! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
'89 TZR 125 - '94 GPZ500s - ZK3 GSXR600 Alstare Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

von1papen
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started with a Spada full face lid for 40 quid, got irritated with the bother of taking it off and the double D ring buckle.

So I went for a Scorpion exo100 open face, comfy and much easier to use, no bother with mp3 player etc and when used with a headover its been fine for winter too, visors are easily changeable etc

Weirdly I no couldn't go back to full face, feels as if I can't hear or less bugger all after wearing an open face for a so long!

Will probably invest in a flip up at some stage.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mivster
Crazy Courier



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 helmets both just under £100

1 nitro mx450 in white street moto x ( everyday use )

1 airoh rs triple black n white flip up ( only use on longer journeys or as a pillion )
____________________
"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why two separate lids for summer and winter? Confused

I fit none of your choices.

I have 3. My first lid that I never wear anymore, the lid I got after that which can be used for pillion and my current lid.
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only really have one helmet that I use. I do however own 2 or 3 others which are my old helmets.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment I only have one lid however going to be increasing that in the new year, open faced here I come.
____________________
CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 12 Dec 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three; my main lid, offroad lid for greenlaning and my old lid that is too small and gets left for potential pillions. My main one is a Shark in White and black so goes with pretty much anything!
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 136.17 Kb