|
|
| How many helmets do you own |
| None - my head isn't worth anything to me |
|
2% |
[ 2 ] |
| 1 - My helmet like cinderella's slipper |
|
28% |
[ 26 ] |
| 2 - One for Summer, one for Winter |
|
30% |
[ 28 ] |
| 3+ I've got enough to match all my jackets |
|
38% |
[ 35 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 91 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| rubberhedgeho... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rubberhedgeho... Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 17 May 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pinkyfloyd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pinkyfloyd Super Spammer

Joined: 20 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| blurredman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 blurredman World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:39 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| pinkyfloyd wrote: | I'm with Donny. I have 2 lids, one that is slightly too big so it is kept for pillion riding. |
+1. This is my situation exactly. ____________________ CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moxey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moxey World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 May 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:18 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't fit into the categories given if daily use is mentioned, only ever use my Shark S900 but still have my cheap Box lid for pillions ( has a tendency to mist no matter the weather/speed and dropped once or twice, yes I don't value my pillions skulls but they probably don't value their lives much anyway to get on the back ) ____________________ Current: 02 FZS 1000 & 91 Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Some Bike Pics...
'I was too busy paying attention to pay attention' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| supZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 supZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hmmmnz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hmmmnz Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:41 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
i have 6 at the moment from the last 2 years,
i have a filthy work helmet (dirty concrete dust fucks the liners)
a flip up job for around town
a helmet i use for long distance riding
as for the other 3 well, they get used when i happen to pick them up,
none are particuly expensive, i say none are worth more than about 70-80 quid new, and none match any particular item of clothing,
because we all know (if even secretly) that matching gear/bikes/helmets is just a sign of gayness shining through, and is up there with tucking your trousers into your boots ____________________ the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Muscle Bike Rider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Muscle Bike Rider World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:51 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
@hmmmnz Oh Poo.
My black helmet matches my leathers and me n Chives(BCF) tuck our jeans inside our boots....we iz Gayers.
3 Helmets at present.
New one to replace my ageing V2R and an ancient FM...why i keep the old one's i don't know...Spares..Backup...Memories...Dunno. ____________________ Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Atomic Punk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Atomic Punk Scooby Slapper
Joined: 27 Oct 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodgydog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodgydog World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:02 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Where I'm sitting I can see 4...
red one, batman one, red and pink one and a nitro.
there is a lazer at the brothers
I pick and choose any of the first 4... depends on mood (and whatever is closest to the door) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:49 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can see 5 where I'm sitting, plus two in the cupboard, and my girlfriends is with her at work. That makes 8 that are mine.
My Daily helmet is a HJC IS16, there is a second HJC in the cupboard, and the girlfriends is also a HJC.
On top of the cupboard is:
A free Duchinni D701 that I got with my curtsey bike when my ZZR was written off.
The X-lite that I was wearing in the ZZR crash
My friends old Shark lid that I borrowed for the girlfriend when we first got together.
My dads old AGV lid that was a perfect fit for me, but I managed to lose a bit of the lining/padding so I've never worn it.
My RST MX style lid, it was what I wore on my first two bikes as they were more trail styled bikes, I still wear it on occasion, if I'm doing that kind of riding.
I've never thrown away a helmet, seems a bit wrong for some reason  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Beamexican |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Beamexican Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 09 May 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marmalade |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marmalade World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:09 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Only use 1, it has my scala set screwed through the side of it.
I have 5 or 6+ others here, 1 that is used for son when he comes on the bike and apart from one that gets worn very rarely the rest are old ones i've not thrown away.
Helmet usually gets replaced between 6 months and a year. ____________________ Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:17 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Currently 5, with another on the way.
Have 2 old suomis in the cupboard upstairs "just in case" and a new one which is my current day-to-day (for now), have a non-branded cheapo that I picked up from Makro cos it was an excellent fit which is my summer lid, it's very lightweight but fogs up badly at this time of year. Have one that I picked up in Aldi (I think) that again was a very good fit but that I have never worn - this is my official spare/loaner.
Just waiting for George White to deliver me a new HJC that I tried on in J&S the other week but they didn't have in stock in my size in the design I wanted - being a glasses wearer I suffer badly from fogging in the winter and this will be my first experience of a proper anti-fog double visor system. Fingers crossed, cos I also suffer badly from chapped lips due to having to keep the visor cracked open at the moment! ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ichy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ichy World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:24 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Far too many. I wear one of three regularly but I think there is at least five or six more around the house. None are particularly expensive and I can't remember the name of the one I wear the most.
Some I buy and never wear so I tend to give those away after a bit. ____________________ https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bomberman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bomberman World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:28 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just two (not including the missus')
My old (five year old!) AGV K2
My new Caberg Konda. Which I'm not sure about, fits good but seems pretty drafty round the back of my ears  ____________________ 'Allo! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
'89 TZR 125 - '94 GPZ500s - ZK3 GSXR600 Alstare  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| von1papen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 von1papen Spanner Monkey
Joined: 12 Jan 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mivster |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mivster Crazy Courier

Joined: 10 Apr 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pol Anorl |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Pol Anorl Banned

Joined: 13 Apr 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:52 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
i have 7 :/ ____________________ GOOD GAME BODYGUARD: https://i.imgur.com/8WePGgf.jpg
20:30:37 Pyro.: I don't sort of like men, I take every advantage to choke on dick.
Jewlio Iglesias: You live in Liverpool - Chances are, the front door has already been kicked off the hinges |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Redoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:06 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Why two separate lids for summer and winter?
I fit none of your choices.
I have 3. My first lid that I never wear anymore, the lid I got after that which can be used for pillion and my current lid. ____________________ "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Im-a-Ridah |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Im-a-Ridah World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheSmiler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheSmiler World Chat Champion

Joined: 14 Apr 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:23 - 12 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
At the moment I only have one lid however going to be increasing that in the new year, open faced here I come. ____________________ CB125>CG125>GN125>ER5>K100RS>R1100RS>K100RS
A2 completed 23/07/15 Ready for the Golden Crisp Packet |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| waffles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 waffles World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|