|
|
| Author |
Message |
| RePT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RePT Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 11 Oct 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:40 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: Help me make a decision... |
 |
|
Hi All!
Everyday, im on comparison websites, looking for cheap insurance quotes and cheap bikes! I cant resist the urge, as I can financially afford it, But what would be the best option?
A) I currently am insured on a cg125, I bought a whole years policy, I cant cancel it because of my accident. Should I wait out the remaining 6months before doing anything?
B) Sell my cg125, and buy a sv650. budget is around £1300. Insurance is about £700 TPO. This means ill have two policies, pretty much £200 from my cg policy going to waste.
C)Sell my cg125, and buy a peugoet 106. then pay £5000 on insurance(yep, ridiculous prices in my area, this isnt really an option but im just putting it out there!)
I need to be convinced to make the right decision. I know which decision is right, but I dont want to admit to it! I'd rather someone else convince me.
your thoughts please?
Thanks! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| whitedevil |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 whitedevil World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Nov 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:00 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Id wait it out, save a load more money, buy a sports 600, some leathers and do some track days.  ____________________ GPZ500 sold ~ CBR600FS-2 sold ~ ZX6R sold ~ Street Triple R |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paris2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paris2 Nearly there...

Joined: 10 Apr 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 14 Apr 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gazeranco |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gazeranco Derestricted Danger
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RePT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RePT Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 11 Oct 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:38 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I cant cancel the policy because there is a claim on it .
I phoned up and asked if it was possible to transfer it over to a sv650, and they said no because "This policy is only for 125's" -,-
Also, to reinsure with them, it will cost me £2000. Where as other companies do it for £700.
Our area has a high crimerate, and fake claims and shit. Insurance here is too expensive. My dad has like 15 yrs ncb, 20+ year license, and hes paying £1000 on a 1.9tdi 7seater..(£800 car) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:44 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| RePT wrote: | I cant cancel the policy because there is a claim on it  .
I phoned up and asked if it was possible to transfer it over to a sv650, and they said no because "This policy is only for 125's" -,-
Also, to reinsure with them, it will cost me £2000. Where as other companies do it for £700.
Our area has a high crimerate, and fake claims and shit. Insurance here is too expensive. My dad has like 15 yrs ncb, 20+ year license, and hes paying £1000 on a 1.9tdi 7seater..(£800 car) |
Your dad is being shafted hard.
Claim against you? Your fault? If so, understandable...but if its not your fault, you can cancel whenever.
Do a few quotes for different bikes. Bikes I know that are cheap are 1994 CB400 Super four (date purely for insurance searching) and 1993 Suzuki GS500.
Both of these should cost you minimal to insure. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Redoko |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:46 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Think my dad's got fully comp on his transit for £40 or something.  ____________________ "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:48 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you're not intending to claim for fire or theft anyway then try TPFT quotes with a £500 excess but of course do not lie and say that it's garaged with Promethian chainage on it, since it would be dishonest and wrong to tell fibs to insurers.
Although your root problem is living in that area, you may want to address that. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RePT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RePT Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 11 Oct 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:35 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
yep its a claim against me..
Rogerborg:
What if I have a accident? Id have to cough up £500?
I dont actually understand 'excess'. Is it only in the case that I make a claim? or claims against me.
edit: also, what would be the best thing to put under security/additonal security?
I mean, whats the best one so i can buy it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:48 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| RePT wrote: | yep its a claim against me..
Rogerborg:
What if I have a accident? Id have to cough up £500?
I dont actually understand 'excess'. Is it only in the case that I make a claim? or claims against me.
edit: also, what would be the best thing to put under security/additonal security?
I mean, whats the best one so i can buy it  |
You pay excess if its YOUR fault.
I have never paid excess, nor will I ever pay it... but I do select the highest amount and will pay if I am actually in the wrong
Almax chain  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RePT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RePT Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 11 Oct 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:49 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ##Paddy## wrote: | | RePT wrote: | yep its a claim against me..
Rogerborg:
What if I have a accident? Id have to cough up £500?
I dont actually understand 'excess'. Is it only in the case that I make a claim? or claims against me.
edit: also, what would be the best thing to put under security/additonal security?
I mean, whats the best one so i can buy it  |
You pay excess if its YOUR fault.
I have never paid excess, nor will I ever pay it... but I do select the highest amount and will pay if I am actually in the wrong
Almax chain  |
and in the event on a 50/50? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bunglebubs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bunglebubs Spanner Monkey

Joined: 17 Jun 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:01 - 13 Dec 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Excess is only applied to a payout from your insurer to you.
If you were planning on getting a policy that would only pay out to 3rd parties anyway, then you've got nothing to lose by getting quotes for TPFT with the largest possible excess, with no intention of ever claiming under it. You may find that you get cheaper quotes, you may not, but it's worth a try. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c-m |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c-m World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|