Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Parking Ticket too!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Parking Ticket too!! Reply with quote

Bloody hell, the day gets better. Mrs D and her sister went shopping last Saturday, Dunelm mills Huddersfield.
They've been before and can easily spend all day in the place (fuck knows what's in there, I never ask)
Now though, there's a 2 hour limit for parking! So now she's got a £90 "fine" or a very generous £60 if paid within 14 days.
Rang Dunelm and they say "it's not our car park, nowt to do with us, what? it's outside your fucking store isn't it?
Company is called Parkingeye, I've already checked them out on Pepipoo and consensus is to ignore.
Which I was going to do anyway, although Mrs D is bricking it now, what with one summons on the mat already today. What do they think I am, a fucking cash machine? arseholes.
They can all fuck off, they're getting fuck all.


Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fatpies
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ignore them.

Instead write a pleasant letter to them telling them that you will never ever ever for the rest of your life shop there again. And that you will tell your friends not to shop there and everybody you know.

Dunlem will scoff at your letter but if enough people do this Dunlem will die horribly.

As said I did this recently with another organisation, pffft what does one matter..... what about two? Three four? Or more?

Even better borrow a wheel chair, put said wife in it. Then write to the local shopper type paper every town has, take some photos and complain about it. This will generate massive amounts of negative publicity for them. These shopper type newspapers never have enough to fill the column inches.
____________________
"It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you phoned them, you didn't give them any information that was specific to your ticket, did you? If not, then just ignore it. If you did, then they're going to chase you. You can still ignore it; they've got no legal power to do anything, but the harassment may get irritating after a while. Just don't let the Mrs. panic, is all. Fear is exactly what they're hoping to capitalise on.
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Parking Ticket too!! Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:
So now she's got a £90 "fine"


I'd be astonished if the random demand for money that she's received says "fine" anywhere on it.

Sooner or later, someone is going to challenge the DVLA on their policy of selling keeper details to every outfit of random muggers with a letterhead. The day will come.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank them for tracking your car, you will pass the info on to the police searching for the thieves.
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Re: Parking Ticket too!! Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
dodgydog wrote:
So now she's got a £90 "fine"


I'd be astonished if the random demand for money that she's received says "fine" anywhere on it.

Sooner or later, someone is going to challenge the DVLA on their policy of selling keeper details to every outfit of random muggers with a letterhead. The day will come.


Parking charge notice is their wording.
AND she spent £234.28p of my money in the bloody place.
Quick research reveals we can expect about four letters from parkingeye, all offering their "help" to keep the charges to the minimum. Dunelm are going to get a letter to their CEO very soon.
Parkingeye aren't getting a reply.


Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
When you phoned them, you didn't give them any information that was specific to your ticket, did you? If not, then just ignore it. If you did, then they're going to chase you. You can still ignore it; they've got no legal power to do anything, but the harassment may get irritating after a while. Just don't let the Mrs. panic, is all. Fear is exactly what they're hoping to capitalise on.


No reply to parkingeye at all, and there isn't going to be one. Dunelm said it "Isn't their car park", and they have no control over it, I find that hard to believe. I mean a multi million pound organisation has no control over a bunch of shysters operating from a PO box address in Chorley? The car park serves THEIR store, they must decide policy.



Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:

No reply to parkingeye at all, and there isn't going to be one. Dunelm said it "Isn't their car park", and they have no control over it, I find that hard to believe. I mean a multi million pound organisation has no control over a bunch of shysters operating from a PO box address in Chorley? The car park serves THEIR store, they must decide policy.
Dog


Not always.

Plenty of shops and supermarkets sell off their carparks to Europark or similar. Saves them the hassle of staffing it, and chasing up those that use a superstore carpark as free parking for the day. If you go back there you'll probably see some signs up with the car park operator's details on.

Much easier for them to sell it to a bully boy company that can make money out of dishing out "fines" to the spinless masses. Thumbs Up
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:40 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the £200++ shopping back for a refund stating it was the parking charge that made you change your mind.

Perhaps they will start to think a bit more.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been told, it's nothing to do with Dunelm Mill, it's not their car park, they only lease the building most likely.

Ignore parking eye and do not contact Dunelm Mill again, you will get reminders and threats of bailiffs/court action from parking eye then you'll get debt collectors letters but it's all waffle, they may even have photos of the car but it means absolutely nothing, ignore and don't go weak and they eventually just go away because there is nothing they can actually do.

In future, don't park for more than 2 hours.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scribble through the addressee on the envelope and return to sender, "not known at this address". Keep doing this, don't change tactic - they will soon get pissed off about not getting anywhere and will move to the next victim. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 31 Jan 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore them, they'll soon get bored and move on to the next victim. Besides they can only 'fine' the person who parked the car, not the registered keeper and who is to say that is the same person.

If it was me I would take the goods bought at Dunelm back out of principle, make a stink and involve the manager etc. You can always nip to another Dunelm and re-buy the same items from a different store if it comes to it.
____________________
Yamaha YZF-R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:10 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that in exchange for banning clamping the government are giving private parking tickets like this the same level of legality of those given by council wardens.

Hoorah for clamping ban Rolling Eyes
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:56 - 01 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother paying for it. I haven't paid for a single ticket (except those issued by the police and those traffic nazi's). Two of those were rather unfair and I contested and won, one was fair, I risked it and lost, paying a cheque in at a bank in town.

All the other ones in private car parks I just ignore, they can't enforce them, they just count on mugs paying without questioning the legitimacy.

One actually threatened to take me to court, so I got a legal friend of mine to counter threaten them, and it turns out they don't have a leg to stand on because their sign claimed that anyone parking there and reading the sign was obliging and agreeing to the contract on the sign, I merely said I didn't see a sign so didn't read it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 04 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated.

Had a bit of to and fro with Dunelm, They eventually said to go back to the store with receipts and parking charge notice and it would be waived.
I already told sister in law about that, and to write to Parkingeye and give them my name and address (telling them I was driving) if she had another letter from them, and wasn't up for the long haul of ignoring the arseholes.
Even got her a nice template letter to send them.

And then.

She paid it, £60. Bugger. You just can't help some people, no wonder Parkingeye make so much money.

Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:44 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydog wrote:


And then.

She paid it, £60. Bugger. You just can't help some people, no wonder Parkingeye make so much money.

Dog
Shocked

FFS. Neutral
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:53 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh!

Well, that's her in the "Will pay the Danegeld" file.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate sad endings. Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R6 Wilson
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingore that shit

Protocol is bin any parking ticket not directly off the council

Rumour has it they'll spend more in legal costs trying to claim the money you owe them than the actual fine itself is

I got a parking ticket for £60 off a private company for parking in what was only 80% of a parking space, which was adequate for my moped at the time

I sent a letter contesting it, they never replied so I never paid and never heard anything off it
____________________
♥ YZF-R6 '05 ♥
Time is money so I stay late
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R6 Wilson
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the bad news. FYL
____________________
♥ YZF-R6 '05 ♥
Time is money so I stay late
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's understandable how some people can get frightened by this kind of thing. What with horror stories on the idiot box about penalties increasing.
When I spoke to the sis in law at first, I could hear the fear in her voice, all she was concerned about was not having it escalate and her having to pay £90 - £120 or more. I pointed her to threads on Pepipoo, told her to just send Parkingeye my name and address if she wanted to, and sent her the replies I got from Dunelm.
She didn't want to send them my name and address, "in case it got me into trouble and the police got involved".
Looking back, I should have gone over to hers the same day and taken the paperwork, so she couldn't pay it.
It's not even my money but I'm royally pissed off about the whole sorry episode right now. I might even go over to Dunelm and stay three hours in their car park next week, get my own ticket and see if I can't fuck them about a bit. (Pissing in the wind, I know)




Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 05 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, Dog.
I'm fairly sure that Mrs Raffles would also have bottled it and coughed up the ransom.
Slightly off topic but it's been bugging me why Mrs Dog would have travelled all the way to Huddersfield when you have a Dunelm Mills store in your home country, on Sticker Lane Confused
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodgydog
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:02 - 06 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
I feel your pain, Dog.
I'm fairly sure that Mrs Raffles would also have bottled it and coughed up the ransom.
Slightly off topic but it's been bugging me why Mrs Dog would have travelled all the way to Huddersfield when you have a Dunelm Mills store in your home country, on Sticker Lane Confused


Her and her sis usually make a day of it, they had lunch in the store too (no cafe at sticker lane). It bugs me too as they've been in the Huddersfield store for four hours (and more) without an issue before. Makes me think this is a recent thing with the car park. Maybe Dunelm will think again if they get more aggravation and bad publicity. Letter of complaint has been sent to head office anyway.


Dog
____________________
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not exactly what I meant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 3.23 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 125.12 Kb