 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:13 - 16 Feb 2012 Post subject: Random Twitter Spam |
 |
|
Can someone tell me what exactly this is?
https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1329256447.html
It comes up randomly, even with no browser open. Just decides to open one up and go to that link every time, there's nothing on it.
I don't have Twitter and I take care of my laptop. Never had a virus. Scanning now but I doubt it. Nothing so far.
Fairly competent with computers but this one has me stumped. Tried searching the web, fcuk all.
 ____________________ "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51 |
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:47 - 16 Feb 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
There's plenty on it, if you view the source. It just doesn't seem to work
I have no idea what it is, or what it does, but if I was to take a guess: some form of adware which tries to exploit a in-browser bug to post on your twitter account if you are logged in.
Can't be sure though, there's no way that I'm going to try and deobfusticate that code
Other than your usual virus/malware scan, I'm not sure what to suggest. ____________________ 2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900 |
|
 Redoko World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2009 Karma :    
|
|