Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Random Twitter Spam

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:13 - 16 Feb 2012    Post subject: Random Twitter Spam Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what exactly this is?

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1329256447.html

It comes up randomly, even with no browser open. Just decides to open one up and go to that link every time, there's nothing on it.

I don't have Twitter and I take care of my laptop. Never had a virus. Scanning now but I doubt it. Nothing so far.

Fairly competent with computers but this one has me stumped. Tried searching the web, fcuk all.

Question
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 16 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty on it, if you view the source. It just doesn't seem to work Confused

I have no idea what it is, or what it does, but if I was to take a guess: some form of adware which tries to exploit a in-browser bug to post on your twitter account if you are logged in.

Can't be sure though, there's no way that I'm going to try and deobfusticate that code Laughing

Other than your usual virus/malware scan, I'm not sure what to suggest.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:05 - 16 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.M. wrote:
There's plenty on it, if you view the source. It just doesn't seem to work Confused

I have no idea what it is, or what it does, but if I was to take a guess: some form of adware which tries to exploit a in-browser bug to post on your twitter account if you are logged in.

Can't be sure though, there's no way that I'm going to try and deobfusticate that code Laughing

Other than your usual virus/malware scan, I'm not sure what to suggest.


Yeah, that's what I gathered.

Thinking
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 38.16 Kb