|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Tomzo47 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tomzo47 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 29 Jul 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:41 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: Restriction as a mod? |
 |
|
While looking up insurance quotes for a 2011 Bandit (hopefully will have full licence soon so planning ahead) I got a few quotes of under £500 TPO, but as soon as I say it has a restrictor kit fitted, I get one quote back rather than 30, and thats for £1100. Do I have to state that its had a restrictor kit fitted and pay an extra £600? Surely it doesn't make that much difference? I'm not putting any other mods on as "They were on it when I bought it, promise " ____________________ Ybr 125 > Bandit 650SA > GSXR 600 > Triumph Sprint St1050 > CB1300 > Z1000SX + FJ1200 (written off) > VFR750 >FJ1200 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tomzo47 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tomzo47 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 29 Jul 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:50 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I also put in crash bobbins too, took the price up even more... its getting ridiculous. Insurance jumped from £900 TPO to £400 in the last week though, just because I'm now 18  ____________________ Ybr 125 > Bandit 650SA > GSXR 600 > Triumph Sprint St1050 > CB1300 > Z1000SX + FJ1200 (written off) > VFR750 >FJ1200 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:31 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Honestly, dealing with insurers takes layers of enamel off my teeth.
Remember when Bennetts said "no more than 3 mods!" then had to backpedal furiously when they were dragged out into the light?
I'm with the Badger: decide for yourself if it's "material" and screw them and their ridiculous, retarded Computer Says No systems. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| johnsmith222 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 johnsmith222 World Chat Champion
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paulington |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paulington World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 03:03 - 16 Mar 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did not declare my restrictors. They have to be there for me to ride according to my licence, so, I wouldn't bother. Even though I didn't declare it, the insurance STILL asked for proof of my restriction! !
When I did a quote with braided brake lines, out of curiosity, it put my quote up by £2,600. !
Secondly, a 2011 Bandit, really? Why get a bike that new? The chances of you binning it are pretty high and with a bike that new you will lose a big wad of cash with even the slightest drop.
When I was due to take my test, I wanted a nice new bike when I passed my test too and my Dad eventually got me a 1997 YZF600R Thundercat which, believe it or not, I fell in love with and would have another in a heartbeat.
Anyway, few weeks after passing my test, written off. Not my fault, but, we lost £1200 instead of the £6000 if I had the bike I wanted. The chances of you binning your first big bike are almost 100%, so get a bike that's cheaper and won't be so bad if you bin it. That way when you do you won't lose as much if any money and you can learn your hard to learn lessons so you won't drop the nice new bike when you get it.
Cheers! ! ____________________ "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| grant965 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 grant965 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 02 Mar 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|