|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Spudda |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Spudda Nova Slayer

Joined: 17 Jul 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:29 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
giving it the beans off a packed pub car park and hitting false neutral when flicking from 1st to 2nd
all noise no motion  ____________________ It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
www.tankslap.co.uk
Triumph Daytona 650 Union Jack Nose Cone.Metzeler M5's.Carbon Bling.ASV Levers.LED Adapted Rear.LED Adapted Indicators.RIM Tape.PiperCross Filter. Smoked Aero Screen.Harris Hanger.Carbon Wrap.Renthal Sprockets.Coded Chain Guard.Shortened Carbon Can |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| parv1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 parv1 Nova Slayer
Joined: 11 Jan 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JP7 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JP7 World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Dec 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:54 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Falling into a hedge while trying to do a U-turn, when practising for my DAS...
Then, once I had been helped out of the hedge by my mate and my instructor, failing to be able to start the bike again, having forgotten I'd flicked the kill switch.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Knightsy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Knightsy World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jun 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:56 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Stalling a 125 in the middle of a busy roundabout on my CBT...
Good times!  ____________________ 09' Versys 650 | 07' FJR1300A |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrDonnyBrago |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Notj7 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Notj7 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 24 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andrew122 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andrew122 Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 10 Apr 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:11 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have to say, I was quite embarrassed a few weeks ago when I struggled to get my bike parked. I was with the lady. Kicked her off before I rode into the parking bit. It was a lovely Saturday morning, so the bike park was full. Tried to squeeze in between a 600 and a 'ped. Must have wheeled the thing in and out twenty times. The hairy Harley crew just stood there watching me.
Looked like I was trying to make babies with the parking space, the flaps being a Peugeot Vivacity and Kwak 600. Eventually dumped my load and hoped for the best.  ____________________ Restricted licence: 11th May 2012
Daelim Roadwin 125 (Sold) --> Bikeless! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mikey3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mikey3 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:18 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mikey3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mikey3 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EazyDuz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EazyDuz World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Apr 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J4mes |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J4mes World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Mar 2011 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:30 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Riding it down the alleyway right next to my house a week after I bought it so I could park it on the pavement right outside the house.
Had to make a tight 90* turn at the end of the alley, the playpark full of kids heard me roar down the alleyway and then fall off at 1mph as I made the tight turn.
Felt like a right prick, all the kids running over asking if I'm all right. Put my back out lifting it off the floor too.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Islander |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Islander World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Aug 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:31 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can think of two.
Not long after I passed my test in the 70s. Riding up to my house and pulling up onto the pavement outside at too shallow an angle and tipping the bike over in front of my Dad.
Pulling away from a bike parking space in London in the 80s in front of a bunch of couriers, expecting to go in a straight line but curving gracefully to the left and then toppling over. Forgot to take the steering lock off.
Whoops.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Nov 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:38 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
False neutral. Usually when I'm accelerating away from the lights. This isn't something that's happened once or twice, I do it nearly once every few times I go out on the bike I really need to kick it up harder. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GREENI3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GREENI3 World Chat Champion
Joined: 26 Nov 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:43 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Filtering up to the front of a que of traffic at the lights, then realizing none of the traffic lights were in my view.
Upon realizing my mistake (and hoping no-one waiting behind me had noticed), I decided to set off pronto without knowing the colour of the lights and praying that a car wasn't going to suddenly emerge from the side road and t-bone me.
Last edited by GREENI3 on 21:45 - 14 Aug 2012; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GrumpyGuts |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GrumpyGuts World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:43 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Standing up to fart. I get really gassy at times, but this motherfucker just didn't want to come out. I stood on the foot pegs whilst riding, let rip, and a copper passed me. Luckily he never pulled me over  ____________________ My Bikes: Lifan Beat 125cc '11 -> Suzuki B120P '76 -> Suzuki EN 125-2A '08 -> Honda CG 125 '04 -> Honda CB600F Hornet '98 -> Kawasaki ZZR 600 '99 -> Kawasaki GPZ 500S '95 (Current)
Theory test passed - 09/02/2012 >>>> Module 1 passed 24/07/2012 >>>> Module 2 passed 24/10/2012 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mikey3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mikey3 World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaft |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaft World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:46 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Regent Street, London's West End.
Hot summer day, so there's zillions of beautiful people about, but there's just been a flash shower, so the roads are wet.
Filtering between two cars on my Z13, I do a 90 left to carry on up the middle of the road and the back wheel hits a damp manhole cover.
I go down like a sack of shit, which is bad enough, in front of a huge crowd, but then I can't pick it up and have to ask for help  ____________________ Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| anthony_r6 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 anthony_r6 World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:46 - 14 Aug 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Filtering to the front of a long line of cars waiting at temporary traffic lights. The lights have to let all the oncoming cars pass before they change so I knew there would be a long wait. Dropped the bike into neutral and put the stand down, just vibing to my music.
Last of the cars come past and I'm ready to go, stand the bike up, out of neutral, bike dies. Stalled. Hold clutch in, try start it again, nothing. Neutral, start, revs... working, 1st gear dead. By this point the cars are pushing past me and the lights have turned red again.
I push the bike to the side of the road and instantly remember the stand was down Wheeled it backwards, still at the front of the queue which had re-formed behind me and waited for the lights to turn green feeling like a retard.
Lights turn green, SHOT OFF. Got a good fair way down the road before I realised there was a police car with his lights on following me. Pulled up... told me I should take it to the moors if I wanted to kill myself and left me on my way.  ____________________ Ted : "Maybe he's agoraphobic."
Dougal : "Jack scared of fighting? I don't think so, Ted." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 54 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|