Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Whats your most embarassing momment on your bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Whats your most embarassing momment on your bike? Reply with quote

Found some below ,which are a good laugh Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08mVYxIQD0

and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iwnnE12HCM&feature=player_embedded

Mine was forgetting to pay at my local petrol station, and having the alarms going off :L
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spudda
Nova Slayer



Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

giving it the beans off a packed pub car park and hitting false neutral when flicking from 1st to 2nd

all noise no motion Embarassed
____________________
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
www.tankslap.co.uk
Triumph Daytona 650 Union Jack Nose Cone.Metzeler M5's.Carbon Bling.ASV Levers.LED Adapted Rear.LED Adapted Indicators.RIM Tape.PiperCross Filter. Smoked Aero Screen.Harris Hanger.Carbon Wrap.Renthal Sprockets.Coded Chain Guard.Shortened Carbon Can
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:32 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spudda wrote:
giving it the beans off a packed pub car park and hitting false neutral when flicking from 1st to 2nd

all noise no motion Embarassed


i have done the same, at New market, Suffolk Car meet

Underground car park FULL of people and nice car's and bikes,

so i decide to Nail it from one side to do the other and it false neutral also :L
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

parv1
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:52 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farting whilst at a set of traffic lights and the car next to me giving me the dirtiest look ever

Lol.
____________________
CBT passed Jan 2011/ Mod 1 passed July 2012/ Mod 2 passed July 2012
Theory Test Passed; Questions 45/50, Hazard Perception 70/75
Peugeot Speedfight 50cc > Piaggio Zip 50cc > Honda Lead 110cc + Ybr 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JP7
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:54 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falling into a hedge while trying to do a U-turn, when practising for my DAS... Embarassed

Then, once I had been helped out of the hedge by my mate and my instructor, failing to be able to start the bike again, having forgotten I'd flicked the kill switch. Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Knightsy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalling a 125 in the middle of a busy roundabout on my CBT...
Good times! Laughing
____________________
09' Versys 650 | 07' FJR1300A
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a noob - I fitted my baffle to quieten it down a bit before an MOT and stuck some earplugs in, neither of which I normally did at the time. As I was leaving my house I noticed the GF's dad was in the car behind me, I got stage fright and pissed off into the distance.

At a busy roundabout GF's old man caught up and was waiting behind me. Anxious to get going, but unable to hear the engine I ended up stalling the bike. In my fluster I managed to knock it out of gear so sat there revving with not a lot happening until I did the foot shuffle and knocked it back into gear.

Not one of my greater moments.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Notj7
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went on a night out, didn't have anything to drink obviously, went outside at 3am and got on my CBR 125, tried to wheelie... and the chain snapped.

Everyone was watching, I had to push it 2 hours home with a hard push every time the snapped part of the chain went round. What a tit!

Next day I posted pics on here actually wondering what'd gone wrong...
____________________
Left the forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andrew122
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 10 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I was quite embarrassed a few weeks ago when I struggled to get my bike parked. I was with the lady. Kicked her off before I rode into the parking bit. It was a lovely Saturday morning, so the bike park was full. Tried to squeeze in between a 600 and a 'ped. Must have wheeled the thing in and out twenty times. The hairy Harley crew just stood there watching me.

Looked like I was trying to make babies with the parking space, the flaps being a Peugeot Vivacity and Kwak 600. Eventually dumped my load and hoped for the best. Embarassed
____________________
Restricted licence: 11th May 2012
Daelim Roadwin 125 (Sold) --> Bikeless!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:12 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalling a big single at the lights...kick start only, looked a royal wang!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mikey3
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
As a noob - I fitted my baffle to quieten it down a bit before an MOT and stuck some earplugs in, neither of which I normally did at the time. As I was leaving my house I noticed the GF's dad was in the car behind me, I got stage fright and pissed off into the distance.

At a busy roundabout GF's old man caught up and was waiting behind me. Anxious to get going, but unable to hear the engine I ended up stalling the bike. In my fluster I managed to knock it out of gear so sat there revving with not a lot happening until I did the foot shuffle and knocked it back into gear.

Not one of my greater moments.


I don't understand, why did you run away from him? I assume you two were acquainted and that he knew you were tapping his baby girl Cool Shhh!

Mine was probably when I first got my first SV after my test and I was at college picking somoene up, I lent the bike over to the left to look at the right side (whislt straddling it, feet down) and the bike suddenly got real heavy and I couldnt hold it up (like it does when you shift the CoG), it caught me completely off guard and I dropped the bike infront of the entire college let out at 5pm Embarassed


Mike
____________________
'04 Yamaha WR450F
'99 SV650 Streetfighter Project - mid build
'Motorcycling is about what you do; not about what you own, or how much you spend on it'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mikey3
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:19 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Stalling a big single at the lights...kick start only, looked a royal wang!


How many hours ago was this?

Mike
____________________
'04 Yamaha WR450F
'99 SV650 Streetfighter Project - mid build
'Motorcycling is about what you do; not about what you own, or how much you spend on it'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has got to be running out of fuel 2 miles from the nearest petrol station which was all up hill.
I got some funny looks, a sweaty biker huffing and puffing through town dripping with sweat.
____________________
To shreds you say? Tss tss tss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one was when i first got my Cub 90 on L Plate's, leaving my Girlfriend at the pub, pushed the gear lever down lots of rev's then whroom up i went wheelied for ages then went to far back and snapped my number plate and L plate off :L
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:28 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binning the bike half a mile from home, in sight of my parents and some family, on icy and snowy roads.

I think I did well to make it half a mile in those conditions though, on a CBR125 with Pilot Sporty tyres.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J4mes
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding it down the alleyway right next to my house a week after I bought it so I could park it on the pavement right outside the house.

Had to make a tight 90* turn at the end of the alley, the playpark full of kids heard me roar down the alleyway and then fall off at 1mph as I made the tight turn.

Felt like a right prick, all the kids running over asking if I'm all right. Put my back out lifting it off the floor too. Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of two.

Not long after I passed my test in the 70s. Riding up to my house and pulling up onto the pavement outside at too shallow an angle and tipping the bike over in front of my Dad.

Pulling away from a bike parking space in London in the 80s in front of a bunch of couriers, expecting to go in a straight line but curving gracefully to the left and then toppling over. Forgot to take the steering lock off.

Whoops. Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.M. wrote:
Binning the bike half a mile from home, in sight of my parents and some family, on icy and snowy roads.

I think I did well to make it half a mile in those conditions though, on a CBR125 with Pilot Sporty tyres.


Off topic i know but what were the pilot sporty tyre's life i have some new one's for my bike Smile?

also another one i was showing off my aprilia SR50R at 17 years old
lent it over to show my mate the stickers, holding it by the handle grips, next thing you know the ped is on the floor with the grip in my hand Embarassed
____________________
RIP jack (wheelie king), you will never be forgotten.
Current Bike's - Road Legal TZR 125 Pitbike, Aprilia SR50R 2010


Last edited by Matt- on 21:38 - 14 Aug 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

False neutral. Usually when I'm accelerating away from the lights. This isn't something that's happened once or twice, I do it nearly once every few times I go out on the bike Laughing I really need to kick it up harder.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey3 wrote:
##Paddy## wrote:
Stalling a big single at the lights...kick start only, looked a royal wang!


How many hours ago was this?

Mike


Sunday afternoon lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GREENI3
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filtering up to the front of a que of traffic at the lights, then realizing none of the traffic lights were in my view. Embarassed Doh!

Upon realizing my mistake (and hoping no-one waiting behind me had noticed), I decided to set off pronto without knowing the colour of the lights and praying that a car wasn't going to suddenly emerge from the side road and t-bone me.


Last edited by GREENI3 on 21:45 - 14 Aug 2012; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GrumpyGuts
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing up to fart. I get really gassy at times, but this motherfucker just didn't want to come out. I stood on the foot pegs whilst riding, let rip, and a copper passed me. Luckily he never pulled me over Embarassed
____________________
My Bikes: Lifan Beat 125cc '11 -> Suzuki B120P '76 -> Suzuki EN 125-2A '08 -> Honda CG 125 '04 -> Honda CB600F Hornet '98 -> Kawasaki ZZR 600 '99 -> Kawasaki GPZ 500S '95 (Current)
Theory test passed - 09/02/2012 >>>> Module 1 passed 24/07/2012 >>>> Module 2 passed 24/10/2012
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mikey3
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattJ wrote:
False neutral. Usually when I'm accelerating away from the lights. This isn't something that's happened once or twice, I do it nearly once every few times I go out on the bike Laughing I really need to kick it up harder.


I generally hold the lever up until drive is engaged for a second or so, so it doesn't miss/fall back out of gear, just to be on the safe side.

Mike
____________________
'04 Yamaha WR450F
'99 SV650 Streetfighter Project - mid build
'Motorcycling is about what you do; not about what you own, or how much you spend on it'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regent Street, London's West End.

Hot summer day, so there's zillions of beautiful people about, but there's just been a flash shower, so the roads are wet.

Filtering between two cars on my Z13, I do a 90 left to carry on up the middle of the road and the back wheel hits a damp manhole cover.

I go down like a sack of shit, which is bad enough, in front of a huge crowd, but then I can't pick it up and have to ask for help Embarassed
____________________
Things get better with age; I'm close to being magnificent........
20 RE Interceptor, 83 Z1100A3, 83 GS650 Katana
WooHoo, I'm a Man Point Millionaire! https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=234035
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Aug 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filtering to the front of a long line of cars waiting at temporary traffic lights. The lights have to let all the oncoming cars pass before they change so I knew there would be a long wait. Dropped the bike into neutral and put the stand down, just vibing to my music.

Last of the cars come past and I'm ready to go, stand the bike up, out of neutral, bike dies. Stalled. Hold clutch in, try start it again, nothing. Neutral, start, revs... working, 1st gear dead. By this point the cars are pushing past me and the lights have turned red again.

I push the bike to the side of the road and instantly remember the stand was down Embarassed Wheeled it backwards, still at the front of the queue which had re-formed behind me and waited for the lights to turn green feeling like a retard.

Lights turn green, SHOT OFF. Got a good fair way down the road before I realised there was a police car with his lights on following me. Pulled up... told me I should take it to the moors if I wanted to kill myself and left me on my way. Embarassed
____________________
Ted : "Maybe he's agoraphobic."
Dougal : "Jack scared of fighting? I don't think so, Ted."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.62 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 131.74 Kb