Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Question about 2013 changes! So confused

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

TexMex
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:29 - 24 Aug 2012    Post subject: Question about 2013 changes! So confused Reply with quote

Hellooo everyone,

I am currently 19, 20 next may. Ive wanted a bike since a kid but parents have always been a brick wall but hey im 19 and its finally my money!!

Now as I understand it, I can currently take my CBT then get an A license and ride 33bhp for 2 years. This is fine as I am in the process of buying a lovely NC30 with the restrictor already fitted.

So my question is, if I obtain the A license before 19th January, come January 19th am I still restricted to 33bhp serving 2 years restriction??

Oorrrrr does this A license become the new A license and allow me to ride unrestricted? Does this A license become the new A2 or A1 and I have to take a plethora of new tests to progress?

Or does it simply remain as it is, allowing me to ride unrestricted after 2 years at 21 without a further test?

Maybe because its 3:30am and I am genuinely confused but I simply cannot find any information about what happens to those serving their current 2 year restriction on an A license?! Confused

Grateful for any help!!!

Thankyou!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iMark
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:46 - 24 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Question about 2013 changes! So confused Reply with quote

TexMex wrote:

So my question is, if I obtain the A license before 19th January, come January 19th am I still restricted to 33bhp serving 2 years restriction??


Yes.
Passing your test on the means you will have the <25kw license for 2 years aka the 33bhp restriction even during 2013...

The new laws will NOT apply to us... We can still ride any size bike as long as it is "restricted" *cough* Shhh! Whistle
____________________
K8 GSXR 1000
"G" : you got him to have a look at a forum which seems to have established a picture of an erect penis in a cat's mouth as it's mascot and thought he might consider it ok?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TexMex
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:32 - 24 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Question about 2013 changes! So confused Reply with quote

iMark wrote:

The new laws will NOT apply to us... We can still ride any size bike as long as it is "restricted" *cough* Shhh! Whistle


Mr. Green

Thankyou! Time to book some tests Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Codemonkey
Crazy Courier



Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:38 - 24 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Question about 2013 changes! So confused Reply with quote

TexMex wrote:
Now as I understand it, I can currently take my CBT then get an A license and ride 33bhp for 2 years.


You do realise you need to do CBT -> Theory -> Module 1 -> Module 2 to get a 33bhp restricted license ? Not just CBT. If you're planning on getting this done before Jan, you really need to be starting NOW! Test centres are already getting booked up way in advance with folks trying to get theirs done before the deadline.
____________________
Test Passed 10/05/2011 Current bike: XJ6-N
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:12 - 24 Aug 2012    Post subject: Re: Question about 2013 changes! So confused Reply with quote

TexMex wrote:
plethora

Filthy minx.

The legislation is The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 and there's no provision in it that I can see for changing entitlement that's already been earned by January 19th 2013.

I mean, except for some baffling clauses about if you've somehow got full (>25kW) entitlement somehow at 17, being able to take a new test to validate it, but we can't figure out to whom that applies.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.76 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45.43 Kb