|
|
| Author |
Message |
| TexMex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TexMex L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Aug 2012 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 03:29 - 24 Aug 2012 Post subject: Question about 2013 changes! So confused |
 |
|
Hellooo everyone,
I am currently 19, 20 next may. Ive wanted a bike since a kid but parents have always been a brick wall but hey im 19 and its finally my money!!
Now as I understand it, I can currently take my CBT then get an A license and ride 33bhp for 2 years. This is fine as I am in the process of buying a lovely NC30 with the restrictor already fitted.
So my question is, if I obtain the A license before 19th January, come January 19th am I still restricted to 33bhp serving 2 years restriction??
Oorrrrr does this A license become the new A license and allow me to ride unrestricted? Does this A license become the new A2 or A1 and I have to take a plethora of new tests to progress?
Or does it simply remain as it is, allowing me to ride unrestricted after 2 years at 21 without a further test?
Maybe because its 3:30am and I am genuinely confused but I simply cannot find any information about what happens to those serving their current 2 year restriction on an A license?!
Grateful for any help!!!
Thankyou! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iMark |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iMark World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Nov 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TexMex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TexMex L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Aug 2012 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 06:32 - 24 Aug 2012 Post subject: Re: Question about 2013 changes! So confused |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Codemonkey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Codemonkey Crazy Courier

Joined: 18 Oct 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:12 - 24 Aug 2012 Post subject: Re: Question about 2013 changes! So confused |
 |
|
Filthy minx.
The legislation is The Motor Vehicles (Driving Licences) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 and there's no provision in it that I can see for changing entitlement that's already been earned by January 19th 2013.
I mean, except for some baffling clauses about if you've somehow got full (>25kW) entitlement somehow at 17, being able to take a new test to validate it, but we can't figure out to whom that applies. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 14 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|