Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Advice on my plans for biking off into the sunset...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:38 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Advice on my plans for biking off into the sunset... Reply with quote

Hi people,

I have just joined this forum so give me a chance Smile

Right, I want some advice on my plans for achieving my dreams!

Basically, since I was little, I haved loved gixxers (hence the name).
Now my plan is to get a 2013 Suzuki GSXR 600 but restricted to 33 bhp as I am 18 and will hopefully be passing my Mod 2 soon (got it on the 5th of October). I currently ride a Yamaha YZF R125 which I have riden for about a year now and want to upgrade as overtaking is embarrasingly slow.... Especially as I am use to sitting on my dad's R1 and how he overtakes! Laughing
My dad, firstly thought I should get the ninja 250 but then I explained how as soon as I take off the restrictor it will be a brand new bike but I would know how the bike would handle etc. So he saw some sense and approves Smile

So advice on my Mod 2 exam and also on getting a 33 bhp GSXR would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Many thanks,
Seth
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:05 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod 2 is just a case of following directions and riding safely. As for the gixxer, there is no reason why you cannot restrict it to 33bhp, but, with the nature of the bike it might not take a restriction very well. Its like sawing an arm off and expecting to be able to do pull ups.

That said, in 2 years when you unleash the full 100+ Horses you'll be in for a whole world of fun.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make mod 2 sound so easy lol.
Yea I can understand it not being able to do 0-60 in like 5 seconds or whatever. At the moment, I just want to be able to have a bit more power in order to overtake easier Smile
And I'm sure I will be counting down the days Very Happy
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:21 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What pinky said about the mod 2. Chance are that after riding around for a year you should be able to easily pass.

I see no problem actually restricting that bike as I have an FZR600R restricted and it doesn't run badly at all and there is enough power to overtake stuff fairly quickly. Have you tried getting insurance quotes though? Because it's going to be bloody expensive to insure a 2013 GSX600R at 18 but if you can afford to buy one of those I suppose money obviously isn't a problem.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fingers crossed!!!

Oh it's nice to hear from someone that has a 33 bhp restricted 600! How would you give the overall performance?

Well I haven't actually phoned any companies to get a quote, have tried online and epicly failed Neutral lol.

Well I will be selling my YZF-R125 and the Gixxer will be monthly paid so it's going to be a very tough squeeze Rolling Eyes
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies to my Power Rangers bredren, but...

You'll get raped out the wazoo on insurance for 2 years. The bike will be relatively expensive to run and to drop, and it won't be any quicker than any other 25kW bike.

Even at full power, the Gixxer 600 makes the same power as my GPZ 500 up to 8000 rpm and significantly less than an ER-6 up to 10000 rpm (then romps away). It wants its nuts revved off to give it the go to match its looks.

So, you'll get the benefit of better brakes and suspension and - as shereen so tactfully put it - loads of clunge.

But would the clunge be able to tell the difference between a Gixxer and (e.g.) a used GS500F or GSX650F?

If you want the Gixxer, get the Gixxer. If you've got the money to buy a brand new one then Suzuki-san will be delighted to see you, but do factor the first year's insurance into the purchase price - assuming that you can find someone who'll insure you.

Or you can get something that goes just as well for a fraction of the price, go and have your mistakes on that, then get a Gixxer in 2 years when you've got the experience and the license to actually enjoy what it has to offer.

I'll fetch me pipe and slippers.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to about 5k rpm the restrictors aren't noticeable but higher than that and the revs start to rise progressively slowly.

I don't want to tell you how to spend your money but I really don't think getting a brand new gixxer is a good idea at all. Yes it'll be an awesome bike and look amazing and you'll fell very cool riding it but is it really worth it? Have you looked at getting something a few years older that's thousands of pounds cheaper and that you won't have to get on finance? I don't see the point in paying monthly as you're just paying even more for it. You could get a mint one that's 4 or 5 years old that will be just as good but save you loads of money. Not to mention that there's a higher chance of you dropping this bike with it being your first big bike and I certainly wouldn't like dropping a brand new bike. I'm not saying that you definitely will but if money is going to be tight then just think how you would cope if you had to replace something expensive.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I can definetly see how the insurance is going to be a mega factor if I do or CAN get a quote!

Quote:
go and have your mistakes on that, then get a Gixxer in 2 years when you've got the experience and the license to actually enjoy what it has to offer.
Well I have taken a tumble on my YZF-R125 and bent the front forks and the yoke which cost a painful £120 to the wallet :/ But I can definetly see where you are coming from. I did look into the 2005 r6 and 2005 gixxers because I'm not a fan of the SRAD's and they where like an an 1/8 of the price. But I would prefer to pay monthly as my wages will only be able to cope with monthly payments and I don't like to sit and wait, would rather go and do!!!

Quote:
I'm not saying that you definitely will but if money is going to be tight then just think how you would cope if you had to replace something expensive.
Just like Roger, I can definetly seeing where your coming from. And in most aspects I think you are right. Especially from the insurance and the performance sides of things. I think the monthly payment is the only thing weighing me down. I would rather move on quickly from a 125 to restricted 33 bhp bike than stick with the 125 because, I know this sounds bad but, I want more speed!! Dont get me wrong, with the 125, i love filtering and cornering on it is perfection but I just feel like I need an extra push just to get my thrill Rolling Eyes

Im sure lots of people think I am an idiot chav rider that has no sense but I feel comfortable on a bike as I have been bought up with them and I just want to get to the stage I want to be at as quickly as possible. Oh and also, I'm not a chav lol.
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel as I did a year on a CG125 before moving onto this and I was utterly fed up with the lack of power.

If you were tied to monthly payments, would you be able to get a bank loan to buy an older bike rather than getting a brand new one?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it is just so painful to sit behind a car and when a small gap opens you know a 600 bike could do it but you can't Crying or Very sad

Yea I think that might have to be an option or maybe have a loan from parents or something.

Well you have definetly smacked me out of the ways of a 2013 Gixxer lol. Will definetly see if I can get insurance and also see the interest of bank loan. Then think it might be parents lol.

Quick thought, sometimes the dealerships do insurance deals with there bikes don't they?

Thanks for your help by the way and everyone else! This was the main reason why I signed up to this forum to see others points of views of things Smile
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly think you need to get some insurance quotes first. I weould expect them to be silly if there are any.

Anything with R after the initials has the insurance companies running for the hills or quoting lots of 0's after a figure if you are under 21.
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I certainly think you need to get some insurance quotes first.
Yea I think that is the first plan of action Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Anything with R after the initials has the insurance companies running for the hills or quoting lots of 0's

Haha yea, it was very similar to my 125!

Like I said, I think the hardest part of it is going to be the insurance Sad
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be able to ride off into the sunset, you're going to firstly need Sun......I think to fulfill your dreams, emigration is required!
____________________
YBR125 (SOLD) - CBR250R(SOLD) - CBR650F(SOLD) Current - Street Triple
765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To be able to ride off into the sunset, you're going to firstly need Sun......I think to fulfill your dreams, emigration is required!


Haha you sir, are a very funny fellow!!! Also, very correct!

I can see that we are both in the same boat as to awaiting our Mod 2 test. When do you have yours booked for?
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you get flogging the R125?... is that on finance? Is so how long is remaining?
If its still on tick, THAT could be a mill-stone to moving on. Settling the credit early, usually demands paying them the entire amount you have remaining in instalments, including the interest that isn;t 'due' until the very end.....
YZF-R125 is about £4.5K new, on three year finance, what, £150 ish a month? you've been riding a year, two years remaining, you might still have three and a half grand to pay on the credit, and possible that dealer would only give you three grand for the bike!
In other words you would have to find £500 up-front JUST to be able to get rid!

Dont know if that's the situation or not or how the numbers may fall, BUT you need to sort that one out first, or could put a stoppa on the whole plan.

Anyway... illustratesthe dangers of credit.....

You go buy a Gixxer on tick.... you'll struggle as a new and young rider to get sensible insurance quites ESPECIALLY on a brand new bike..... AND risk is thet even if you got fully comprehensive 'all risk' cover... likely to practically only be worth third party only, in the event you have to claim.

Again, this 'negative equity trap' is a big pit fall.

Buy a bike... ANY bike..... on credit, you borrow a certain amount for the bike, and agree to repay so much a month, to a total that is the 'principle' plus 'interest', and as said, contractually the entire interest charges over however many years are 'due' whether you settle on the due date in however many years time, or one week after the obligatory 28 day 'cooling off'period they must allow by law!

So, you have a bike, that moment you sign on the line, is worth less than you owe on it, and probably for half the HP period will be worth less than you owe as most of what you are paying is interest, and the bike is de-valuing faster than you are buying it!

Bike gets nicked or crashed... you got no bike. Go to the insurance co, and at best they give you full market value, less your policy excess.... and YOU have to find, imedietly the 'negative-equity' to clear the finance.....

This catches quite a lot of folkout,m and they find they are left with no bike, or a pile of scrap in their garage, still making hefty HP payements on it, becouse if they tell the insurance co, then they would HAVE to find big money they dont have!

Personally? There are bikes out there that are naturally 33bhp complient and peanuts to buy and run, and wont cripple you like credit.

What you are saying is you WANT IT ALL NOW!

Its a long life kid....... plentry of time!

£500 would buy you, something pretty useful, an old CB250 nighthawk that would be pence to insure or run. Kawasaki GPz305, little bit riskier it might sieze it's motor, but at £400, probably barely a months HP instalment on a brand new Gixxer,,, you could afford to just throw it away if it did!

GPz500s, or an ER5, or a GS500.... Snowie has been looking at some very tidy and useful examples, all priced under a grand, in the £800 region.

Couple of restrictinion washers, and for two or three months NOT taking out a credit deal.... HP installements have bought you a decent bike, probably likely to last your restriction period... that you can STILL 'de-restrict' for a performance bonus at the end.......

Meanwhile, if you continued saving what you might have been paying in HP installments, and Insurance installments on a Gixer that would have been loosing bag-loads of cash in early life depreciation...... EARNING interest on that money, not paying it.....

Chances are, when your restriction expires... you'd have cash i the bank to buy the bike you didn't two years earlier, in cash, and have change to insure it........

And NEVER a risk of running foul of 'negative equity' or having a space where your bike was and still be paying the premiums for the twockers to enjoy it, or have a pile of scrap costing you the same money, sat in the back garden to cry over......

Its a no brainer as far as I can see..... BUT you need to get the licence before you can do ANYTHING.... and that is the most important thing.

You have 116 Days left to do it, BTW, before new licence laws or it could all be accademic and that R125 is ALL you can have for the next two years, a 500 commuter twin all you might have after, and it'll be SIX years before you can even THINK about getting a Gixer.... (they make more than the permitted 'full-power' to be restricted to an A2 licence)
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I suggest that the last PROPER gixxer was made in 1992 and anything since has been a generic, universal japanese inline four sportsbike on account of them being water cooled.

So if you REALLY like gixxers, the object of your desire would be either a 1992 GSX-R1100 or a 1990 750-L.

Just saying. I'm not suggesting you get one for your first bike because you'll die.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is that on finance?

No the Yamaha isn't and therefore, I can get rid of it whenever I choose to do so but as soon as I pass I will not be getting ready of it straight away. And will gain a few months riding as insurance finishes in February.

Quote:
What you are saying is you WANT IT ALL NOW!


You are exactly right... I no it seems selfish but I want to be able to ride a bike without having to worry about a restrictor or the insurance. But I suppose that's what's growing up is all about Rolling Eyes

Quote:
you need to get the licence before you can do ANYTHING.... and that is the most important thing.


You are exactly right. But I passed all my car tests first time and so far all my bike tests first time so I'm going in with a clean sheet of motor vehicle tests which makes me feel quietly confident Smile

I think you have really put it into perspective for me Mike, which I am thankful for but it is my childhood dream and I suppose you do have to wait around for those to happen which is the harsh reality Neutral Well I shall see what other things I can muscle up for the 33 bhp restriction Wink

Thanks Mike
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if you REALLY like gixxers, the object of your desire would be either a 1992 GSX-R1100 or a 1990 750-L.


You sir, are a very knowledgeable man about gixxers!
Personally, not into the old school look, plus I prefer modern dashes which actually tell you how much petrol you have in the tank instead of either breaking down and realising or having to look for yourself Razz
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Turkish
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the post 2003 SV650, the full fairing version.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4744176703_6cd02c4956.jpg

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/217817/images/GSXR_600.jpg

IMO, to the untrained eye they look remarkably similar. Might be a little easier on insurance and should cope with restriction better (twin vs inline 4).

Just a thought.
-Turkish
____________________
ZX-6R G2
CBR125R RW6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering you're young and has been stated you will be anally raped on insurance, I'd consider the 400 class of racing bikes (CBR, ZXR etc) instead of a 2013 GSXR.

Anything older will tend to be cheaper to insure and to drop than a 2013 bike, or at least you will be less bothered since it'll likely already have a few battle scars already. You'd have to be careful buying a 20 year old 400 class racing bike tho, since it's likely had many young owners who've ragged the tits off it. A foolish buy will end up a money pit.

You could be boring and buy an SV/Fazer/Bandit etc like most new 33bhp riders. It'll be cheaper to insure, and you'll only be looking at maybe a 10 year old bike instead of a 20 year old one, and there will be plenty of cheap spares about for when you drop it. I know they don't quite look teh sex, but a 33bhp bike is still a 33bhp bike.

I'd leave the 2013 Gixxer for later, after you've earned a few years NCD and damaged a few cheaper bikes. If you really wanted a restricted GSXR and nothing else would do, and you can afford the lube, then I'd buy an older SRAD rather than a current model. You'll shed less tears over the sound of breaking plastic with an older/cheaper bike. It's still a mental choice for a first big bike tho, but you won't be the first mentalist on here Smile
____________________
Prize cunt
--
"In a world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GixxerSeth wrote:
Personally, not into the old school look, plus I prefer modern dashes which actually tell you how much petrol you have in the tank instead of either breaking down and realising or having to look for yourself Razz


We wait with baited breath for the inevitable thread, "THEY LIE!"
'Just ran out of petrol! Guage said I had LOADS! Should have looked in the filler, shouldn't I?!"

A 'reserve' may be rather low tech and seem a bit of a polava.... but heck! Nice to know its there if the thing does stutter to a halt!

actually; just thougt, my 1984... probably built before you were born! VF1000 has a fuel guage AND a reserve tap!

More thunk; 18... my 1993 CB750 that doesn't have a fuel guage was probably built before you were born!

Muse: Either people need to STOP being born..... or I need a newer motorbike! Laughing
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

GixxerSeth wrote:
I prefer modern dashes which actually tell you how much petrol you have in the tank instead of either breaking down and realising or having to look for yourself Razz


Ahh, but you forget. An oil boiler 1100 tank needs no such device.

The answer the the question "Do I have enough fuel?" is ALWAYS "No. You need to stop at the next filling station.".
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Muse: Either people need to STOP being born..... or I need a newer motorbike! Laughing


Mike, but do you really want a bike with a kitten friendly monstrosity of a can such as this?

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/217817/images/GSXR_600.jpg

Assuming you can actually get on it after you've left your zimmer frame at the kerb Wink
____________________
Prize cunt
--
"In a world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:22 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
Muse: Either people need to STOP being born..... or I need a newer motorbike! Laughing


Mike, but do you really want a bike with a kitten friendly monstrosity of a can such as this?

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/217817/images/GSXR_600.jpg


Monstrosity of an exhaust?

I remember the launch of the BMW 'Brick'.....

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/BMW%20K100%2083%20%203.jpg

Following the 'theme of four'; four cylinders, four spoke wheels; they made the tank 'square' and as an after thought, what the heck... lets make the exhaust square too......

such ugliness is NOT the preserve of the modern motorcycle stylist!

I was however thinking something more like this:-
https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2012models/2012-MotoGuzzi-V7Speciala.jpg
Fasions come & go, but grace and elegance will ALWAYS have 'style'!
But I would probably forgive some dedication to fasion and THIS pug ugly exhaust...
https://www.dancewithshadows.com/motor/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/honda-vfr-1200-v4-motorcyle-photo.jpg
My old VF1000 was Gooo-oooo-oooD, with a lusty V4 growl, and that shear surfit of V4 flexibility and the arm wrenching 'stomp' of a 'mere' 120bhp...... I can only DROOOOOOL at the tunk of having half as much again (though I think it comes with half as much mass again, too, and the old barge was no flyweight!)

HOWEVER.... I dont think I need to go as crazy as something built this year..... or even this DECADE....... maybe just this CENTURY! Laughing

ThoughtControl wrote:
Assuming you can actually get on it after you've left your zimmer frame at the kerb Wink

Stop Being Cheeky, You, I'm still only forty one!... and STOP adjusting the feet on the damn thing so it WOBBLES!
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GixxerSeth
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 24 Sep 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Take a look at the post 2003 SV650, the full fairing version.


I have thought about SV650 and they are very nice bikes, espically the seating position looks. Will definetly write that down on the notepad Wink Thanks.

Also congrats on passing mod 2 4 days ago!! Got any useful tips?

Quote:
anally raped on insurance


I think that might even turn out an under statement Shocked

Quote:
I'd leave the 2013 Gixxer for later


I think that is basically what the entire community has said!!! Laughing lol. It definetly seems like the most expensive and troublesome route so I'm more inclined towards the second hand ways Razz

Going to see what the insurance quotes are first though Wink
____________________
CBT - Passed Theory - Passed Mod 1 - Passed Mod 2 - Passed Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 153.58 Kb