Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


2.5 hours each way car journey with someone you don't know

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: 2.5 hours each way car journey with someone you don't know Reply with quote

What do?

I have to travel to Worksop tomorrow, 5 hours total driving with a guy I don't know. Gimme some ideas of what to do on the journey. He is a colleague but I have spoken to him for about 5 minutes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Spy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:50 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what any other adult would do and make polite conversation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Do what any other adult would do and make polite conversation.


That is the obvious thing but apart from that.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BigGeeking
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 07 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat chilly the night before don’t have a dump in the morning and see how long it takes for him to say something.

Or

Every now and them do something silly like keep winking at you self in the mirror and say you keep getting random erections Shocked

you will be pissing your self half way there.
____________________
Bendy "Flip front. I can filter down the M4 while shoving a Twix in my face."
honda CG 125 2001 SOLD-- current Bandit 400--SOLD. current SV650s 2000
MOD 1 ON 20/7/2011**passed** MOD 2 ON 17/10/2011***passed***,,
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you're driving with this cardboard wheel - you'll be too busy concentrating on the road to speak to them Thumbs Up

https://www.imagechunk.com/images/noah_wheel.jpg
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:21 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play handbrake-gearstick at every junction Smile
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play spot the boobs Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretend to fall asleep.

Unless you're the passenger, in which case actually go to sleep.
____________________
Greetings from Shitsville!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:38 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep dude
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be weird just sleeping. We are going in a company car but he is driving.

I would get blazed before the journey but don't really want him noticing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insist on loud music and stare out of the window.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just confirms what I think about people who post relentless rubbish on forums generally lack in real world social skills.

Thanks.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:
Just confirms what I think about people who post relentless rubbish on forums generally lack in real world social skills.

Thanks.


Are you a miserable cunt in real life as well?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have to agree with Jon B. I'm not a super massive social animal. In fact I'm probably quite high on the autistic scale.

However, I read your post and thought "What kind of freakin' nutbar can't sit in a car for 2.5hrs with someone they don't know and make polite conversation?"

Even if you end up somehow offending one another, sitting there in silence is surely possible... But that is considering the absolute worst case scenario.

Jeez, I've had to travel abroad with people that I don't know and people I don't even like for a week at a time, and I coped. If you can't cope in a car for 5hrs then you need to examine yourself in detail, as I suspect there is something wrong in there somewhere.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you driving?

If so, wait til they're not looking, then rest your head on the window, close your left eye (but keep your right one open and looking where you're going, unless you're foolish/brave) and carefully drift onto the rumble strip.

Wait for them to say something.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon was more fun when he was the Somerset_Scratcher Razz
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
No, I have to agree with Jon B. I'm not a super massive social animal. In fact I'm probably quite high on the autistic scale.

However, I read your post and thought "What kind of freakin' nutbar can't sit in a car for 2.5hrs with someone they don't know and make polite conversation?"

Even if you end up somehow offending one another, sitting there in silence is surely possible... But that is considering the absolute worst case scenario.

Jeez, I've had to travel abroad with people that I don't know and people I don't even like for a week at a time, and I coped. If you can't cope in a car for 5hrs then you need to examine yourself in detail, as I suspect there is something wrong in there somewhere.


I can sit in a car for 5 hours and talk. I said that earlier on, I just wondered if there was anything else I could do to pass the time. Something I hadn't though of.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Something I hadn't though of.


Yellow car.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the conversation with, "When was the last time you considered the words of our saviour, Jesus Christ?"

If you listen carefully you might even hear his heart hit his stomach.
____________________
Greetings from Shitsville!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:32 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a work gig, talk work and keep it professional.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Drake
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

wank?
____________________
was: derbi senda, aprilia sx125, nsr250 mc16, cagiva mito, cb600 hornet now: mk1 bandit, KR1S, landrover series 3 light weight 2.5 petrol, 5speed box
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

karoshi
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

sing showtunes, loud as you can, complete with Jazzhand gestures at appropriate moments?
____________________
Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P. Dowd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him about your collection of claw hammers and all the names you've given them. Urge him to play "Let's pick up a hitch-hiker" and "Guess the name of the hammer in my bag".

Make hissing noises and say things like "Oh no - it's happening again mummy." and "Silence is golden, but gaffa tape is silver."

Take a bible and read out random quotes from Revelations.

That lot should cut the total journey time to about 3 hours maximum.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:00 - 08 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take a lot of research but learn every fact about a boy band and become obsessed with them for the entire trip.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 1.27 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 124.92 Kb