Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Do you do lifesavers when walking?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Do you do lifesavers when walking? Reply with quote

Not that it's required - but since I'm in that habit on the bike I've found myself doing it elsewhere! Feels a bit daft but it is reassuring that it's getting ingrained on my brain..

Does anyone else do this or am I going lifesaver mad? Smile
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

anthony_r6
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I always look behind me when coming up to junctions or just to check behind me when I'm walking. Best to be perceptive all the time.
____________________
Ted : "Maybe he's agoraphobic."
Dougal : "Jack scared of fighting? I don't think so, Ted."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mysterious_rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working in retail means I have to. Otherwise I might get an anklefull of trolley if I don't check where I'm walking. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

Especially when shopping with my trolley.
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I'm not the only one! I've always been quite spacially aware when walking about, I hate those people who stop dead or turn around suddenly on the pavement! Grr!

It might be because I'm such an untidy sod - I'm always watching my step!
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

I also check my mirrors.



https://industrialsavings.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/NI_Goblin.jpg



Thumbs Up
____________________
07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually do lifesavers in supermarkets. Not being aware of what is going on around you in a public space with lots of people is a pet hate of mine. You know those people who just change direction or stop in the most stupid place.

I always do a life saver before pulling out from the checkouts, quick look over the shoulder so as to not flatten the old lady, drop a gear, and bang i'm gone.

Plenty of overtaking to be done in this aisle behind the checkouts in the race for the exit, so it's every man for himself.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always do them. Bike. Car. Van. Passenger. Walking.

I'm such a tit. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.M. wrote:
Yep.

Especially when shopping with my trolley.

+1
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpha-9
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also handsignal, you can never be too careful
____________________
Fzr-600 1999
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do - life savers with a Tesco trolley all the time Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

haroman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a lifesaver in any instance of changing direction. I'd almost be inclined to do one when changing position with a lady-friend Wink

I have a massive habit of looking at imaginary mirrors too. Especially when on the push-bike.
____________________
The mistresses: 2000 Honda CBR600f, 2000 Honda VTR1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

smegbrains
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:38 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, although I call it "looking where I'm going" which is a skill in rapid decline as the large bruise on my ankle will testify.
____________________
Current Bike: Honda CBR 600F
Ex Bikes: Suzuki GX 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep always have, I even go Beep Beep when there is a jam.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
I do a lifesaver in any instance of changing direction. I'd almost be inclined to do one when changing position with a lady-friend Wink


This annoys people I'm with. I can't hold a conversation outside without constantly looking over my shoulder to check what's going on behind me or whenever I hear a sound. They always think that I'm anxious to leave.

Yet to do it during sex though. Laughing
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and much more in supermarkets. The general public are blind sheep.
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I try to go to the big Sainsbury's round the corner now and again..

https://i.imgur.com/7v1ZO.jpg

As the minutes tick by, my shopping list gets shorter and shorter as I get flustered by thoughtless u-turning, badly placed trollies and by scenes from the Dawn of the Dead. I end up getting about two or three items and just getting out - and down to Tescos where I can shop without getting so annoyed Neutral
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

haroman666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatbadger wrote:
Hehe, I try to go to the big Sainsbury's round the corner now and again..
*snip*
As the minutes tick by, my shopping list gets shorter and shorter as I get flustered by thoughtless u-turning, badly placed trollies and by scenes from the Dawn of the Dead. I end up getting about two or three items and just getting out - and down to Tescos where I can shop without getting so annoyed Neutral

Asda 24 hours Thumbs Up Makes doing my food shopping easy as fook and there's never a queue for the cashier either.
The only troubles I sometimes have is I forget I cant buy booze past 11 cause of their damn license! Sad

However the Tesco's at the other end of town sells booze all night Very Happy
____________________
The mistresses: 2000 Honda CBR600f, 2000 Honda VTR1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cunnington
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Yep always have, I even go Beep Beep when there is a jam.


If the kids are in the way at home I go "Beep Beep" and they know to move out of the way. I was in a supermarket and a jakey bloke was coming toward us pushing a trolley. Since the wee lass was in the way, I said "Beep Beep", she looked up, then moved out of the way. Jakey bloke obviously thought it was directed at him as he walked past, staring daggers, muttering away behind his crusty beard.

+1 for lifesavers when walking - I just cant help myself
____________________
'82 C50, '81 CB100, '84 GS125, '95 NTV650, '00 Bandit 600, '06 SV650, '56 Z1000, '89 NTV600
The Shaggy D.A. wrote: "You are invisible. Those who can see you are trying to kill you."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 hour shopping would be great, but nothing stays open round here - nearest place is 6 miles away, not worth the bother if I'm on a whim.

I could get togged up and pretend I'm a celeb like Alan Partridge in Tandy's Smile
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I do life savers while walking / pushing a trolley, etc as well.

J.M. wrote:

Yet to do it during sex though. Laughing


Watching out for the husband?

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick 50
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, thought I was just a bit weird, thankfully not Very Happy
____________________
Current Bikes: ZX7r 97 (Black Beauty), VFR400 NC24 (The banana)
Previous Bikes: Aprilia Tuono 03 (The Beast), CBR600f (97)
First bike: A GZ125 Lemon.......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing lifesavers when your not on the bike is ok. But beware of the day when you try to filter to the front of the queue when your in the car/van!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 13 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
J.M. wrote:

Yet to do it during sex though. Laughing


Watching out for the husband?


Too young for that to be a real problem!

At the moment I still need to look out for the girl... Laughing
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 125.98 Kb