|
|
| Author |
Message |
| GTR1400 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GTR1400 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 16 Apr 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:38 - 23 Oct 2012 Post subject: Tests booked - still not happy |
 |
|
Hi guys,
Some of you may have seen me go through an atrocious time with my Derbi Cross City. It's been hell, and to make matters worse, back in July the boarding school I was at lost my keys for it. I then was working in London until September, and then started uni straight afterwards, so I've been bikeless for all this time, and the school won't admit to losing my keys.
I am certainly not paying for a new ignition barrel etc myself, and considering I'll probably be selling it soon, I didn't wanna hotwire it or do any other quick fixes.
This means I can't take my test on my 125 :/, which means paying for training, which we all know costs an absolute bomb.
I'm all booked in though! Mod1 is November 18th and Mod2 will be booked as soon as I've passed my Mod1, so hopefully for early December .
Needed to get passed before the new laws, seeing as I'm 18 and have a lovely ER-5 waiting at home for me to hop on to, which otherwise will probably be sold if I don't get my pass!
Training at Shires Motorcycle Training in Leicester if anybody has any experience with them?
Wish me luck! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Amnesty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Amnesty Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 19 Oct 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J.M. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J.M. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Mar 2011 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:25 - 24 Oct 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good luck mate!
Not really. Please fail, I want that free ER5 ____________________ 2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:14 - 24 Oct 2012 Post subject: Re: Tests booked - still not happy |
 |
|
| liamwithers wrote: | I am certainly not paying for a new ignition barrel etc myself, and considering I'll probably be selling it soon, I didn't wanna hotwire it or do any other quick fixes. |
MAH HED ASSPLODED!
How are you intending to sell it when it can't be started? "Is not nicked honest, probably runs fine"
If you're going to sort it before selling it, why not sort it now and do your tests on it? You'd be saving yourself all those training costs.  ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GTR1400 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GTR1400 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 16 Apr 2011 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:52 - 25 Oct 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fair enough, the value of a license is only going to appreciate. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:37 - 25 Oct 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
You cba to buy an ignition barrel and keys.
£15.
Seriously?
True if you want to add fuel you might need a fuel cap but still...
You only had 1 key? No spares, who does that  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GTR1400 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GTR1400 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 16 Apr 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:55 - 25 Oct 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ##Paddy## wrote: | You cba to buy an ignition barrel and keys.
£15.
Seriously?
True if you want to add fuel you might need a fuel cap but still...
You only had 1 key? No spares, who does that  |
From what I've seen it's pretty impossible to get hold of an ignition barrel to fit my bike.
And I had a spare, that's gone as well . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:17 - 25 Oct 2012 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you asked the House Elves? Little bastards are always stealing things.  ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|