Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Tests booked - still not happy

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:38 - 23 Oct 2012    Post subject: Tests booked - still not happy Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen me go through an atrocious time with my Derbi Cross City. It's been hell, and to make matters worse, back in July the boarding school I was at lost my keys for it. I then was working in London until September, and then started uni straight afterwards, so I've been bikeless for all this time, and the school won't admit to losing my keys.

I am certainly not paying for a new ignition barrel etc myself, and considering I'll probably be selling it soon, I didn't wanna hotwire it or do any other quick fixes.

This means I can't take my test on my 125 :/, which means paying for training, which we all know costs an absolute bomb.

I'm all booked in though! Mod1 is November 18th and Mod2 will be booked as soon as I've passed my Mod1, so hopefully for early December Smile.

Needed to get passed before the new laws, seeing as I'm 18 and have a lovely ER-5 waiting at home for me to hop on to, which otherwise will probably be sold if I don't get my pass!

Training at Shires Motorcycle Training in Leicester if anybody has any experience with them?

Wish me luck!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Amnesty
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:25 - 24 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of thought replacing an ignition barrel would be cheaper then your alternative of all them lessons and training?
____________________
I ride a scoot, so what? >_>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 24 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck mate! Smile

Not really. Please fail, I want that free ER5 Wink
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 24 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Tests booked - still not happy Reply with quote

liamwithers wrote:
I am certainly not paying for a new ignition barrel etc myself, and considering I'll probably be selling it soon, I didn't wanna hotwire it or do any other quick fixes.

MAH HED ASSPLODED!

How are you intending to sell it when it can't be started? "Is not nicked honest, probably runs fine" Question

If you're going to sort it before selling it, why not sort it now and do your tests on it? You'd be saving yourself all those training costs. Eh?
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 24 Oct 2012    Post subject: Re: Tests booked - still not happy Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
liamwithers wrote:
I am certainly not paying for a new ignition barrel etc myself, and considering I'll probably be selling it soon, I didn't wanna hotwire it or do any other quick fixes.

MAH HED ASSPLODED!

How are you intending to sell it when it can't be started? "Is not nicked honest, probably runs fine" Question

If you're going to sort it before selling it, why not sort it now and do your tests on it? You'd be saving yourself all those training costs. Eh?


I'd save myself the training costs.. if the bike decided to run properly. It's needing a new coil pack (which I've got, just not had chance to put in yet), and has had one or two problems in the past.

In regards to selling it, I've got a few friends who are interested who know it's not nicked.

But yeah, NEED my tests now.. so don't care if I've had to pay for them at more cost than needed, because I'm not risking being in the situation of having to go through new license procedures :/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:52 - 25 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, the value of a license is only going to appreciate.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:37 - 25 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cba to buy an ignition barrel and keys.

£15.

Seriously?

True if you want to add fuel you might need a fuel cap but still...

You only had 1 key? No spares, who does that Shifty
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GTR1400
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 25 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
You cba to buy an ignition barrel and keys.

£15.

Seriously?

True if you want to add fuel you might need a fuel cap but still...

You only had 1 key? No spares, who does that Shifty


From what I've seen it's pretty impossible to get hold of an ignition barrel to fit my bike.

And I had a spare, that's gone as well Neutral.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:17 - 25 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you asked the House Elves? Little bastards are always stealing things. Mad
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:54 - 25 Oct 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't need to fit "your" bike.

I put a generic lock on my CLR and XJ, steering lock didnt work and ignition was mounted elsewhere but still...it worked.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 340 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.24 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.57 Kb