Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Beowulf Exhausts

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DannyBhoy
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Beowulf Exhausts Reply with quote

Anyone got/had one? What was your opinion on it?

trawling the internet for a new exhaust as the bike sounds a little tame for what it is.

Cheers

Danny
____________________
CBT - 02/10/12, Theory - 03/10/12, Mod 1 - 09/10/12, Mod 2 - 16/10/12.
Car - Audi A3 V6 Quattro. Bike - CBR600RR-9.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:22 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good quality, at a good price.

Not silly loud, but loud enough and make a good noise.

Get the smallest one though.
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DannyBhoy
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
Very good quality, at a good price.

Not silly loud, but loud enough and make a good noise.

Get the smallest one though.


Thanks for replying.

I cant decide between that and a 2 brothers one I have just spotted on ebay!
____________________
CBT - 02/10/12, Theory - 03/10/12, Mod 1 - 09/10/12, Mod 2 - 16/10/12.
Car - Audi A3 V6 Quattro. Bike - CBR600RR-9.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fifteen15
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have one for the SV. Nice low grumbling V2 sound. I keep the baffle in because there's not that much difference between the two so I'd rather keep it legal. Done a bit of research on them and don't think I read anything bad about them. Cheap as well.
____________________
"Pain is weakness leaving the body, and blood makes the grass grow faster...but I'll wear my gear anyway"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:22 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a mahoosive thread on here once upon a time where someone got dicked over by Beowulf customer service over a shoddy can.

Struggling to pull it up as keeps saying topic does not exist?
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
There was a mahoosive thread on here once upon a time where someone got dicked over by Beowulf customer service over a shoddy can.
Struggling to pull it up as keeps saying topic does not exist?

Yes, I recall that. I believe it's been deleted. I don't know why.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolly met some deal with the OP over repairing if they agree to remove thread. (shrugs)

It is on VD should anyone wanna peruse.
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Acemastr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think mine is fantastic, looks good, still holding up nicely a year on.

Sounds... rather loud too, won't pass an MOT without the baffles.
____________________
2017 KTM 350 XC-F - 2014 Yamaha R6 - 2005 Yamaha YZ125
2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stuartt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i,ve got beowulf gp pipes on my busa , they sound great , they've been through 2 winters & look just like the day i bought them .
they did them half price as i had to take the bike to them as they hadn't fitted them to the new shape busa before .
they gave me & my boy a tour round there factory & showed me how they designed brackets on there computer then showed me how they sent the info to the laser cutter & then how to program the machine ....
visiting beowulf turned out to be a great day out Razz
even the exhaust clips don't have a spot of rust .
there very friendly people & care about there customers , i'm sure if you took your bike there they would let you try different exhausts so you can hear them .
also there guaranteed for life unless they've been in a crash Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stuartt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://s1156.beta.photobucket.com/user/stuartt1/media/EastDunbartonshire-20120810-00360.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick_Giles
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 01 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering a new can.

I have looked at Beowulf and they seem to be of good design and construction. Smile

I don't however like the logo. Looks a bit dominant in size and the Gothic style of lettering looks very, very 1980's and dated. Sad

Will they distribute one that's not branded I am wondering.?


Nick.
____________________
Peter Cook: "I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sam_Y_93
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonable quality at a cheap price.

I have the short carbon oval on my hornet, without the baffle its pretty loud. I've kept it in just to keep it running better.

Some of the welds on it look pretty messy, and the hanger bracket that comes with it was pointless, but on the whole it sounds good and was cheap so can't complain too much.
____________________
Bikes Past: Yamaha Aerox (sold) Yamaha R125 (written off)
Bikes Current: Honda VFR 400 (awaiting restoration) Honda CB600f F-4
Theory passed July 21st Mod1 passed August 3rd Mod 2 passed 26th August
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Drake
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will leave you with this.
____________________
was: derbi senda, aprilia sx125, nsr250 mc16, cagiva mito, cb600 hornet now: mk1 bandit, KR1S, landrover series 3 light weight 2.5 petrol, 5speed box
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

j00pY
Nova Slayer



Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had one on my bike for the past week and I am very happy with it. It made my SV650 sound like a V-twin finally. I took the baffle out as I really couldn't hear a difference with it in.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dragstaar
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:49 - 27 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a Beowulf can, and they're bloody brilliant.

Really good build quality, I finally got rid of mine after someone drove into the side of me and dented it, totally squashing it. But it still wasn't blowing, but I replaced it for looks.

the can has a nice low rumble, I had the full size circular one because I hate stubbies. The sound was fantastic, could hear me coming a mile off on my bandit600.

The thread was on here was odd because I read it before I ordered the beowulf. I just took the plunge and their service was fantastic. Quick prompt delivery. I even asked for another when I got my Link Pipe and they gave me a discount Smile all i did was just email them and ask lol.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

janner_10
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:04 - 28 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on the Fazer which sounded great.

I then cut it down and polished it up and made it into a stubby for my CBR, sounds ever better!!

Would recommend!
____________________
Yamaha FZS600 (Now gone to heaven) > CBR600F4i (SOLD) > '99 YZF-R1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trustno1
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:54 - 28 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Beowulf on my 98 honda hornet, love it sounds the nuts and seems to be holding up well in this shitty weather.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c-m
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 28 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got two on my Falco.

They are loud without the removable baffles but seem to be really good quality compared to my old Scorpion and Carbon Can company silencers.
____________________
Motorcycle headlight bulbs and HIDs
Blogging about my bike and trips
https://ridershandbook.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DannyBhoy
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:29 - 28 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies guys, Think I will drop them an e-mail today and see what they have on offer, Its an underseat exhaust so Im not overly concerned by looks at the minute.

Danny
____________________
CBT - 02/10/12, Theory - 03/10/12, Mod 1 - 09/10/12, Mod 2 - 16/10/12.
Car - Audi A3 V6 Quattro. Bike - CBR600RR-9.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Pol Anorl This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

trustno1
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 28 Nov 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube:<br/><br/>https://youtu.be/Ul4OLXsxTPY

On a honda hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.19 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 109.98 Kb