|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:00 - 27 Mar 2013 Post subject: Flip-up help |
 |
|
For the last couple of years I've been trying to buy a flip-up helmet to fit my (apparently) ginormous head and Desperate Dan chin.
Very limited choice in Guernsey in XXL helmets, so I bought several online.
LS2 FF370 £69 - fitted fine, except I couldn't close and lock the lid (stupid chin), fitted my son perfectly, so he was happy.
Caberg Justissimo GT £189 - fitted fine, I could close and lock it as long as I liked having my chin rammed against the chin plate and I couldn't open my mouth. My wife thought this was fine as I couldn't then complain about how uncomfortable I was. I removed (shaved) some of the solid foam liner from the chin plate and although this gave me just enough space to move my mouth - the release button is in the front of the chin and was basically a plastic sleeve and a screw pointing towards my chin, now barely protected by a couple of mm of foam. No choice but to remove the chin guard leaving the helmet in 'Jet' configuration. Fine for the summer, but not what I wanted.
Nitro F347-VN £69 - fitted fine, except I couldn't close and lock the lid again (stupid chin again), refused to give it to my son, so he was unhappy. Currently in its box waiting to be sold.
Tried on a Shoei Neotec and it fitted perfectly, however it's £469.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so did you find anything a little cheaper than the Shoei that fit? Nolans etc?
I have had a tax rebate, so could just about afford it, but was hoping there might be an alternative! ____________________ Current Carz: Jeep Liberty, Kia Sorrento Diesel
Current Bikz: '06 Honda Shadow 750 Custom, '02 Sachs Roadster 650, '10 Yamaha R125, '12 Derbi GPR 50, '04 Yamaha TZR 50. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt94 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt94 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 21 Aug 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:05 - 27 Mar 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
you have 2 cars and 6 bikes yet you can't afford a £400 odd helmet?  ____________________ current; beemer 5 series! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sako |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sako World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Feb 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| goto10 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 goto10 World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Oct 2011 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wonko The Sane |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wonko The Sane World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TT_Man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TT_Man Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 31 Dec 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:46 - 27 Mar 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you considered plastic surgery- chin reduction?
A reduction might prove cheaper in the long run!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Matt B |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Matt B World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 May 2012 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| charlie74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 charlie74 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 03 Mar 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sable |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sable World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:59 - 27 Mar 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got a peanut shaped head with a 3 foot long nose which accompanies my Jimmy Hill chin. Doesn’t stick out like a Desperate Dan but it is big and long. V-Can 210's were best for me, had a flip front and a blueooth one. Only the 210's mind! The other lines in the brand all have chin guards that barely made it past my nose.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sebastianw |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sebastianw Spanner Monkey

Joined: 22 May 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ScaredyCat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ScaredyCat World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 May 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:03 - 27 Mar 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Matt B wrote: | Maybe you should just give up with the flip fronts and buy a normal full face that fits properly?
What makes you want one so much?
That Nitro model you got and were willing to wear only has a Sharp 3 Star rating. Worse still, the faceguard only stayed locked 53% of the time when tested. Personally I wouldn't put it on my dog! |
I already have several full-face helmets that are fine, lots of stop-start riding where I am, I just want a more convenient helmet that won't suffocate me when stuck in traffic and obviously I want to look excessively cool.
I won't say the ratings don't bother me, they do a little, I've ridden in Thailand where a small plastic bucket is acceptable so I recognise low safety helmets, but the helmets I bought (except for the Caberg) were impulse buys - essentially 'Ah fu** it, maybe this one will do' I also had a Nitro full-face that was the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned and I'd still be using today if I hadn't messed around trying to fit an intercom and destroyed the foam inner liner. ____________________ Current Carz: Jeep Liberty, Kia Sorrento Diesel
Current Bikz: '06 Honda Shadow 750 Custom, '02 Sachs Roadster 650, '10 Yamaha R125, '12 Derbi GPR 50, '04 Yamaha TZR 50. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nick_Giles |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nick_Giles Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 01 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:23 - 27 Mar 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
.
I made the mistake of impulse buying a 'Shark Evoline 3'
Total load of rubbish. Jack of all trades and very poor at all of them.
Probably the biggest waste of £300 ever for me.
Nick ____________________ Peter Cook: "I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly". |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| StevRS |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 StevRS Scooby Slapper
Joined: 25 Jun 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:22 - 06 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Got it - Shoei Neotec in Antracite, XXL, pinlock, freaking brilliant, quiet compared to every other helmet I've owned, very comfortable, pinlock works, airflow - everything I was hoping for. £414. ____________________ Current Carz: Jeep Liberty, Kia Sorrento Diesel
Current Bikz: '06 Honda Shadow 750 Custom, '02 Sachs Roadster 650, '10 Yamaha R125, '12 Derbi GPR 50, '04 Yamaha TZR 50. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikertomm |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikertomm World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BigDan1190 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BigDan1190 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Baisemontchou |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Baisemontchou Scooby Slapper

Joined: 02 Jan 2012 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Casper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Casper World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 Jul 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:38 - 07 Apr 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
You thought about losing weight you fat bastard?
Seriously though. XXL. FFS the Hulk is only XL. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|