Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


KTM SMC 690 Ride

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: KTM SMC 690 Ride Reply with quote

I went for a run the other day and tried out my GoPro for the first time, edited some of the clips together into a short movie, there is a SMIDSY at the end which I could see coming a mile off silly bint!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_js1evUXDc

Let me know what you think!
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

serlant
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice roads. alright video but quality is poor, what gopro are you using?
____________________
04 CBR1000RR, 1995 Husqvarna TE410, 1998 VTR1000(Sold), 1990 XJ600(sold), 1996 KH125(dead and sold)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

atg90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

serlant wrote:
Some nice roads. alright video but quality is poor, what gopro are you using?


Stick it on 1080 and video quality is perfectly fine. It says Hero 3 at the start of the video, and in the description.

Go into the settings on your GoPro and select widescreen, they you can get rid of the black bands down the side of the screen, and it'll look ten times better.

Good video though and nice area to ride in.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

serlant
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed both of these, possibly because it was on 180p and i could not see the discription, I had it on 1080p it was still poor, I use an origional Go pro HD and the quality is better!
____________________
04 CBR1000RR, 1995 Husqvarna TE410, 1998 VTR1000(Sold), 1990 XJ600(sold), 1996 KH125(dead and sold)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I'll have a look into the Widescreen bit. It was recorded at 1080p 30fps but I must admit after converting it to AVI, editing it and then uploading it to youtube the quality has suffered slightly. I also noticed in areas when I was riding towards the sun the quality dropped quite a lot for some reason. Lots to learn Thumbs Up
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

serlant
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you convert it it to avi? just edit the video in .mp4 what do you use to edit the videos? movie maker?
____________________
04 CBR1000RR, 1995 Husqvarna TE410, 1998 VTR1000(Sold), 1990 XJ600(sold), 1996 KH125(dead and sold)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:16 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaahh just realised I was actually shooting in 960p which is why the aspect ratio was 4:3, I've changed it now to 1080p and 16:9 I wonder why it didn't load up that way as default?

The reason I convert to avi is because the only editing software I have is windows movie maker and it won't edit Mp4's Smile
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

atg90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

serlant wrote:
I missed both of these, possibly because it was on 180p and i could not see the discription, I had it on 1080p it was still poor, I use an origional Go pro HD and the quality is better!


My bad, 180p... I'm surprised you could even make out he was riding a motorbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sako
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video is pretty cool, but you spend a lot of time cornering on the grease line! Bit of positioning tweeking.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ghost
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:35 - 22 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike is ideally suited to the Llanberis Pass I reckon! Whenever I try and get up there quickly I just end up holding on as best I can while the bike bottoms out everywhere and tries to knock all my teeth out. Keep hoping they'll resurface it one day, it'd be an epic road for sports bikes then Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

drzsta
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 25 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

those mono's could be better. nice vid though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.82 Kb