Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hazard Perception (Again)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 20 Nov 2004    Post subject: Hazard Perception (Again) Reply with quote

I got my CD-ROM sent through about the Theory and Hazard Perception tests. It seemed all striaght forward, but when they showed you when to click for the Hazard- my timing was off and i clicked BEFORE they started the marking. So i should click when i see it, when it starts to develop, and when its over just to make sure. AAAAAGH!!! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 20 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click it when you see it, and then click it again a second or second and a half after.

Also see about investing in the Roadsense DVD, it's very good at helping you know when to click.

pipnet11
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:26 - 20 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

This used to annoy the hell out of me. You could see the hazard about a second before they started marking. My way was to do what MrChips said, click it twice, a second between each.
I love the girls that do, I hate the girls that dont, I hate the girls who say they will and then they say they wont, but the girl I like most of all and I think youll say Im right, is the girl who says she never has but looks as though she might. - Max Bygraves
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 12:05 - 21 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI....

I found the real HP test EASIER than the practice disc.

The disc did help somewhat....I knew what to expect,..etc..but I kept getting low scores on the disc..and only passed a few times.

In reality...I got 65 I think...and it was far more responsive.
It explained that it was looking for a click to see you had noticed a possible hazard..then another click for the hazard developing further..then another click for the hazard becoming serious.

I clicked once when I first saw something I would consider braking for...ie a parked car...child walking by road...dog...bus at bus stop...

then I clicked secondly if the hazard changed...ie bus indicating...child looks onto road...changing road position to get around car...

then I clicked a third time if the hazard became such that I would have to take evasive action...bus pulls out...person in road..etc...

Sp although the disc does give you some insight..I think you will find the real test a doddle.

JO x

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 21 Nov 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely- ta guys. I'll bear this in mind and let you know how i get on. Smile

MZ125
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the test was pretty easy. But I
did think I was going to fail. Confused But I passed Very Happy
anyway good luck mate. Thumbs Up

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 06 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jees-i forgot about this post.

I passed it by the way Very Happy Woohoo!!

I did the questions, then i thought about how i did during the hazard perception-but then i said to myself- no-concentrate on this.

In the end i got 35/35 and 62/75. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1