|
|
| Author |
Message |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:50 - 23 Sep 2013 Post subject: Network via mains adaptor advice needed |
 |
|
My current TV is connected to the internet via a Netgear wireless print server (has 4 LAN inputs). However, I'm finding I can't reliably stream video to the TV.
So looking into trying to get a hardwired solution and I can't really be punching holes for cables through the walls. So thought about the network via mains adaptors.
Apology if asked and answered before, point me to the thread if so.
Questions I've currently got...
Any problems plugging these into a mains extension? My current shelving only allows a standard plug (shelf just above plug socket, the boxy adaptors might not fit), everything else is on a 6 way extension out of this. This is my main query.
I'm assuming I'll need 500Mbps units for the video. Saw these TP-LINK TL-PA4010PKIT Powerline Adapter Kit - 500 Mbps on the PCWorld site. The pass through plug is so I can still plug in the router on the other side of the wall.
Any other advice or recommendations of kit welcome.
 ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| doggone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 doggone World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SimonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SimonB Brolly Dolly

Joined: 23 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:43 - 25 Sep 2013 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thank you for the replies.
I got chatting with a guy at work who it turns out had a similar problem as mine and went for the same solution as I'm trying.
He says his 200Mbps are ok and he streams HD movies ok without glitches.
Given that I did come across these Devolo 200mbps powerline units for £25 on the PC World site.
That's the cheapest for this type with the mains pass-through that I've found. Unless someone can show me cheaper
Never heard of Devolo before so any advice welcome. Then again I haven't heard of the Comtrend units my work colleague got so that might not mean anything. ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 13 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|