 dydey90 World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Oct 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:47 - 18 Feb 2014 Post subject: HDMI Switch confusion |
 |
|
My setup consists of a PC, under a desk with an old tv used as a monitor, which runs at 720p-ish (1366x768)
I also have a tv at the end of my bed, for watching illegally downloaded films and tv shows, so it runs at 1080p.
At the moment I'm having to manually switch over the cables, which then automatically adjusts the resolution.
This is causing something to wear though, causing picture loss on my desk screen every now and again.
Solution1:
HDMI switch. I need to find a single input, double output HDMI switch with a button, not an auto-switch on it. These are proving illusive.
Solution 2: Stick both of them into my graphics card at the same time and find some way of programming in a resolution change between what I want. I don't want to just extend the desktop because that means about 95% of the time, the 50/50 chance means whatever program I want will open in the wrong screen.
Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Abuse? ____________________ This post is probably not serious and shouldn't be taken literally.
Past: CBR125,ER6f NINJA 650, ZZR600 Current: VFR750 |
|
 lihp World Chat Champion
Joined: 22 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
|
 TomReilly Traffic Copper

Joined: 04 Oct 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:08 - 18 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Use your control center to scale the picture down. ____________________ Motorcycle riding can be really cozy. If you want to be a little closer to your passenger, brake a little quicker for the next stop.  |
|
 dydey90 World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Oct 2013 Karma :   
|
|