Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Just saying hello :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rew632
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Just saying hello :) Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I thought I would post a little about myself as I'm new here. My name is Kevin but people from the internetz call me rew because my username is rew632 (not sure why I picked that name) I'm 24YO. I passed my test almost 2 years ago and had my CBT for 1 year so overall have almost 3 years riding.

I done my test myself and had all of 3 lessons as money was tight but I somehow passed everything 1st time, I would say Roadcraft Nottingham's YouTube videos helped a lot and still do to this day.

I still have my little Suzuki EN 125 and she has got me through all my tests and to work and back. I have not long changed to a 1980 CX500 (some will not be liking that lol) I like the bike I know all about the names people call it but.... I like it, well mostly its engine and I wouldn't change a thing about it.


I'm from Glasgow so I hope to have a few meets with people around Scotland and hopefully get down south for the odd meet now and then. I'm happy to ride and meet in the rain as I feel it just ups the challenge Razz

I don't ride "fast" and will only filter when needed so I don't know how that goes with group rides?

Thanks for reading this and I hope to talk to you all soon.


Ride safe
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI REW632

Mr. Green
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

CX owner myself. Laughing
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rew632
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:11 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey snoosnoo and blurredman. Nice, I have a cx500B, 1980, 50,000 on her atm what about yourself?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Have had 3 CX's (well one was a silverwing) myself.
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rew632
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Have had 3 CX's (well one was a silverwing) myself.


Thank you Smile I thought I was going to get a hard time for saying I had a CX as I have had many others on other forums voice their opinions about it to me. Its a lovely bike IMO and hopefully she will do another 50,000 Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: Just saying hello :) Reply with quote

rew632 wrote:

I don't ride "fast" and will only filter when needed so I don't know how that goes with group rides?


BCF rides/events? In my limited experience of two, they all include a huge amount of fannying about before leaving and at least one crash serious enough to require an ambulance.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rew632
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Re: Just saying hello :) Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
rew632 wrote:

I don't ride "fast" and will only filter when needed so I don't know how that goes with group rides?


BCF rides/events? In my limited experience of two, they all include a huge amount of fannying about before leaving and at least one crash serious enough to require an ambulance.


Ohh that's not good Sad It will still be nice to meet a few people local on the forum and go out for a ride as atm I'm a solo rider lol. I just find it lonely sometimes on a nice summers day and have no one to ride with, I do like to ride solo but sometimes it's nice to have company.

Thanks for the reply Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome in ya wegie
Make sure you join the scottish section too, there is talk about a go kart meet, which might or might not happen Laughing
Youl like it here, providing you have a thick skin Wink
____________________
aprilia 125 Af1 Futura >> Suzuki gsxr 600 srad >> J1 zx6r >> cbr 600rr >> Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rew.
Welcome back, and all that jazz.

Safe riding. Thumbs Up
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are rew?

CX500 has character, no need to be apologetic.

https://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/557/overrides/new-212-ugliest-dog-chinese-crested_55739_600x450.jpg

I'm Glasgow based myself, and am also about the journey rather than the destination. The weather's not ideal for ride outs at the moment, but let's see what spring brings.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

CX500 has no character??

Rogerborg wrote:

Myth Busted
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rigga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 26 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bike: Honda CBR 1100xx
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

deadwolf
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:14 - 27 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Laughing

Some nice custom CX500s out there, getting popular as cafe racer stock judging from the way bike porn websites keep spamming them. They've come a long way since their gullepump days.
____________________
Motorsapien Art
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Saltire
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:18 - 27 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to BCF Thumbs Up

Also Glasgow based Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:14 - 27 Feb 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

rew632 wrote:
Hey snoosnoo and blurredman. Nice, I have a cx500B, 1980, 50,000 on her atm what about yourself?


1982- it's a pretty late B, Just gone over 60k. Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 218 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 92.33 Kb