|
|
| Author |
Message |
| meyrick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 meyrick Scooby Slapper

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:09 - 02 Jan 2005 Post subject: My first off :-( |
 |
|
...and I don't even get the first off of 2005 (Wildcat?)
Took my bike out for a ride today, as it was so sunny. Managed about half an hour before my hands got a bit cold and I went home for a break. On my dad's advice I decided to go back out and do my route backwards to mix things up. Due to my unbelievably bad sense of direction I took a wrong turn and ended up going round one of those bends that seem to just keep on coming.
Missed the apex by about half a mile , front tire hit the curb and weeeeeee . I go flying on to the verge. The thumb on my right hand hit the ground first, followed swiftly by my head. A friendly car stopped to help and offer a mobile phone. The guy came off his bike when he was 16 and he hasn't ridden one since, so obviously sympathetic. Also a biker pulled over just to check - even though the car was still there - top bloke!
Damage to me: Sprained thumb currently hurting like hell.
Damage to bike: Headlight screen forced through, dislocated gear lever (fixed at roadside), cracked side fairing, rear left indicator hanging by a thread. The rest of the bike is so completely caked in mud I can't see anything else. There was so much mud under the front mudguard I had to remove it from the bike before the wheel would turn.
Anyway, mostly mud-related damage and some irritating cosmetics to be sorted out after a long concussion-induced slumber. Assuming I have the use of my thumb tomorrow.
Oh, the other annoying thing is that my dad doesn't believe/doesn't care about the single use helmet rule. So there is no way he's going to pay for a new lid. I did land on grass, but my head hit the ground quite hard on my left temple area. If I had any money at all I would get a new one straight away, but I don't. I know there's been loads of posts recently about this but what do we think? New lid or not?
Paul  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DanceLikeAMon... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DanceLikeAMon... World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:23 - 02 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry to hear about your accident mate. You don't seem to be having a lot of luck just lately, but at least you are getting it out of the way now, I still have my first off to come!
As you know I'm as new to this biking malarkey as you, but there is no way that I would use a helmet again if I had been in a crash and banged it. Someone else posted on here not so long ago saying that helmets are designed to take one hit and one hit only!
I know it's a lot of money to get a new one, but it's better than ending up seriously injured... or worse! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0ni |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0ni World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| meyrick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 meyrick Scooby Slapper

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:17 - 06 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| foxbat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 foxbat Nova Slayer

Joined: 24 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:54 - 06 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sounds like you have a jinxed bike there Meyrick
(Off topic ? - sorry) Is your bike from Ramoto in B'Mouth btw? I got one of mine from them. Seem a pretty good bunch.
foxbat |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| meyrick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 meyrick Scooby Slapper

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:12 - 06 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steve09 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steve09 Scooby Slapper
Joined: 25 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 276 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|