|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Quornholio |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Quornholio World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Jun 2011 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:13 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had a bit of an issue last year, with particular foods. In particular, it was pasta. Not too bad with bread etc, pastry can be 50-50. Pasta resulted in the same feelings you describe (exit - stage left, sharpish).
When I had the camera and biopsies done, they found inflammation, but couldn't suggest specifically what it was. Probably didn't help that I didn't go to the follow up
Now I avoid pasta altogether, don't eat pastry that often. Still eat a fair bit of bread, but I eat a lot more fruit and veg, and I'm nowhere near as bad.
Good luck, it's no fun. ____________________ https://i.imgur.com/fMrhZnH.jpg?1
Everyone give this dood green karma pls --> https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4045389#4045389
XxXxX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:16 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Heard some anecdotal reviews through podcasts etc, general consensus is good, I'd be weary of huge weight loss claims though.
Bottom line is, it can't hurt to try, and if you feel a benefit from it then carry on, if no different then try something else.
Not sure about cravings though, but when reducing carbs or adjusting to different times of eating I generally find theres about a weeks transition period where you might feel short spells of weakness/lethargy/insane hunger. Battle through it and hunger becomes a thing of the past - I can easily go from eating a last meal of the day at 8pm and get to 2pm in the afternoon without feeling hungry or any drop in energy. Whereas when I would eat breakfast in the morning I'd find myself feeling peckish around 11 and clock watching out of being ravenous by 12.30, eating lunch and then getting hungry again in the afternoon and into the evening.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:32 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good lad!
I did this 2 years ago. Wasnt a huge fat bas or anything but my cheeks and belly puff up and weight doesnt really go anywhere else so I look fatter than I am. I was 12.5 stone back then. Took 7 weeks of dropping wheat, grain, carbs, pasta, potato, sweets, sugar and all the shit of the day going for a paleo / ketogenic style of eating. After the 7 weeks Id dropped 2 stone. Felt amazing, more energy, better sleep etc.
Downsides at the start were the issues others note of coming off wheat.
Defo do it but dont fuck around, knock carbs on the head for a bit and see how you go.
I use Arla LactoFree milk now (full fat), sweeteners instead of sugar. Avoid sugar drinks, no sweets/choc/crisps and go mainly for meats, cheese, some veg and life is good.
Got my mrs doing the same 2 months ago and shes reaping the rewards too. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:34 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| garth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 garth World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:55 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I feel about 3000% better when I eat paleo - Though it's not that easy and you have to be prepared. No more nipping in and picking up sandwiches from the shop when you're hungry...!
It's payday Friday, I'll start doing it again then.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RhynoCZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RhynoCZ Super Spammer

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Can you recommend any eatable pastry? All I had was just awful.
EDIT: Sometimes I eat something that does not really agree with me and they say to try gluten free food for 2 months to see if it gets any better. I don't know what the problem food is.  ____________________ '87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Recluso |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Recluso Brolly Dolly

Joined: 16 Mar 2011 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:45 - 27 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Coming from someone who lives with a Coeliac and also has Ulcerative Colitis.
I find your comment about running to the loo after meals most interesting. Have you told your doctor? Also, and excuse the gross question but how is your stool? If you're constantly experiencing issues such as loose stool, blood or mucus then you've got more going on that needs investigating. Are you experiencing other symptoms such as abdominal pain? You've said you feel tired and can be gassy. This could also be attributed to IBD's such as Crohn's Disease or IBS.
Ask to be tested for Coeliac's as well.
My UC can be pretty flaky at times and one of the dominating symptoms I deal with most days is tiredness. Somedays it's not too bad and other day I feel like I just need to sleep ALL THE TIME.
So, first thing's first - get yourself properly tested to make sure there's not something suspicious going on as sometimes you need more than just a diet change IF you've got more than just an intolerance going on.
On the cutting grains etc:
Shopping: Check EVERY LABEL. Even on stuff you don't think you'd find wheat. Now, for Coeliac's the big culprits are wheat, rye and barley so even stuff like caramel can cause issues as it's often flavoured with barley malt. You'd be amazed where you find gluten these days.
Eating out: Demand to see ingredients. You'd be horrified as to how many people haven't a clue what gluten is and you have a legal right to be able to see either an allergen list OR the ingredients list directly. Demand to speak to the Chef if you have to. A lot of people consider 'wheat free' just some artsy fartsy diet fad so sometimes you have to stress that 'if I eat this, there will be hell to pay' which again is why you should ensure that you've not got something going on.
Cooking at home: If you like cooking/baking or have someone in the family, ask if they'd be willing to experiment with GF bread for you. It tastes... interesting and won't rise but you'd be amazed what you can bake without any cereals and it still taste pretty damned tasty. I've been cooking for a Coeliac for 10 years and bake using GF products and I've had people coming back for more! (just ask the fogs about my brownies )
Oh and corn flour is fine. As is rice and potato flour Consider utilising these as alternatives. ____________________ 'Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.'
Honda PS125i > Yamaha YBR125 > Yamaha XJ6 Diversion > Yamaha Tracer 900 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djrikki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djrikki Brolly Dolly

Joined: 07 Nov 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| garth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 garth World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:48 - 28 Feb 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm making me a meatza tonight.
It's like pizza, but you use meat instead of bread.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stephen_o |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stephen_o Spanner Monkey

Joined: 02 Aug 2011 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trevor saxe-coburg-gotha |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trevor saxe-coburg-gotha World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Nov 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| covent.gardens |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 covent.gardens World Clap Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2012 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:19 - 07 Mar 2014 Post subject: Re: Cutting out Gluten |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 209 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|