Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Leathers ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 06 Mar 2014    Post subject: Leathers ? Reply with quote

Right so... I was given the 2013 RST Slice leather jacket, this one right here :

https://i.imgur.com/Ol12cGJ.jpg

I was looking to buy leather trousers but due to the fact I'm a total noob and was looking to get a pair without knee sliders. Due to summer coming upish Confused I would like to get out the textiles and save them for more "British" weather, as during the summer months when I first got my bike I was sweating balls and ended up going commando ( bad idea when its chilly at night).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_F
Crazy Courier



Joined: 22 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 06 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take the knee sliders off, they're only stuck on with velcro.

As an alternative, the RST stunt leather pants don't have the velcro to stick sliders on with and will zip to that jacket.


Last edited by Mark_F on 22:47 - 06 Mar 2014; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 06 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're asking for advice on leather trouser? Although I'm not completely sure.

Why not just go for Slice 2013 leather trousers, and if they come with knee sliders just remove them. Then you can put them back on when you get more confident.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 06 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I feel like a bit of a numpty, I thought the knee sliders were part of the trousers, like sown in never realised they were just attached.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 07 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup haha just a bit of velcro, not sure people would fancy having to replace trousers or onesies every time they wore their knee sliders down.

I believe all RST trousers with a zip will connect to the jacket, so doesn't particularly matter which leather pants you go for.

Some but not all of the RST trousers come in a short leg, I imagine some will also come in a long leg, depends what fits you best.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:44 - 07 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above all of them are velcro, can just peel then off. You can probably get 10-20 quid on ebay for a good pair so can make the trousers cheaper too Thumbs Up

Can just leave them attached even if you don't make use of them though they don't cause any problems.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Inspector_Clouseau
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:21 - 07 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
As above all of them are velcro, can just peel then off. You can probably get 10-20 quid on ebay for a good pair so can make the trousers cheaper too Thumbs Up

Can just leave them attached even if you don't make use of them though they don't cause any problems.


You do feel somewhat incompetent if you go to a bike event and you're the only one there with pristine sliders. Hence, some folk resort to showing them the angle grinder to indicate hooliganistic riding!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:16 - 07 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are quite scuffed - although entirely from accidently walking into doorframes or crawling around inspecting the bike on various occasions Laughing

Feel like a fraud Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:32 - 07 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some RST leathers too with knee sliders (although I've not worn them for the past few months, due to the fantastic British weather Sad ) and I've only had my left knee down once, due to an accidental 'oh shit' moment Laughing and I'm still on my 125 but I don't let it bother me, even though it's a bit of an over kill.

Just take them off if it bothers you though. As Matt says, they can cause problems with banging them into doorways (and coffee tables Embarassed )

Also, RST are pretty good value for money...except for their gloves. I would definitely steer clear of them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:30 - 07 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every set of leather trollies I've had have had some kind of knee slider on.

Scuffed up because of oiling a chain after a ride or as mentioned, walking into things, benches at Squire's mostly.

I've never get my knee down, apart from when I fell off the CG at 0.5 mph.
____________________
I'm Sam; Northern, Ginger, Lover
Did have: '95 ZZR600 '83 CG125 '97 ZZR1100 '15 Hypermotard 821 SP Do Have: '10 ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mic
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:14 - 08 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took my knee sliders off after a few months cos theyre really nice and i dont wanna scratch them Laughing
____________________
zzr600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 08 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got that jacket, and I had the matching RST trousers from last Summer. They go together great and fit well.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/doovydoo/B9584D9E-D7A8-4F13-B20B-87898252AE3C_zpsgbrp7xeo.jpg
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

finniee
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 08 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really my first set of leathers, Just wasnt sure if the sliders could come off or would have this big chunk of plastic hanging off my leg, that only use would be getting scuffed as said by banging on tables, doors etc.. or coming off,

On the same note has anyone used or heard of "Infinity Motorcycles" round London area.. They seem too have a good few shops and have the trousers I want in stock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 08 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the sliders are 100% removable. Just a big velcro patch on the knees for them that they stick onto.

I have heard of Infinity Motorcycles, as I am in London, I know a work colleague has been there but I never have.
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:18 - 08 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of FT trousers a couple of years ago, these ones:

https://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php/collection/leathers/ftl306-panther-street-jean-black.html

I've read various good and bad things about FT stuff, but I've had no major problems with mine. The stitching on a velcro tab came a little loose, took me a couple minutes to repair it. Stitching in all the important areas is still sound (I had a good look!).
I bought the FT ones because they fit me better than anything else I tried.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 86.47 Kb