|
|
| Author |
Message |
| finniee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 finniee Spanner Monkey

Joined: 03 Jul 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:41 - 06 Mar 2014 Post subject: Leathers ? |
 |
|
Right so... I was given the 2013 RST Slice leather jacket, this one right here :
https://i.imgur.com/Ol12cGJ.jpg
I was looking to buy leather trousers but due to the fact I'm a total noob and was looking to get a pair without knee sliders. Due to summer coming upish I would like to get out the textiles and save them for more "British" weather, as during the summer months when I first got my bike I was sweating balls and ended up going commando ( bad idea when its chilly at night). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mark_F |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mark_F Crazy Courier

Joined: 22 Jul 2013 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:47 - 06 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think you're asking for advice on leather trouser? Although I'm not completely sure.
Why not just go for Slice 2013 leather trousers, and if they come with knee sliders just remove them. Then you can put them back on when you get more confident. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| finniee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 finniee Spanner Monkey

Joined: 03 Jul 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Llama-Farmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Llama-Farmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:44 - 07 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
As above all of them are velcro, can just peel then off. You can probably get 10-20 quid on ebay for a good pair so can make the trousers cheaper too
Can just leave them attached even if you don't make use of them though they don't cause any problems. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Inspector_Clouseau |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Inspector_Clouseau Derestricted Danger
Joined: 24 Feb 2014 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| -Matt- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 -Matt- World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Apr 2013 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:16 - 07 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine are quite scuffed - although entirely from accidently walking into doorframes or crawling around inspecting the bike on various occasions
Feel like a fraud  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dave70 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dave70 World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jan 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:32 - 07 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've got some RST leathers too with knee sliders (although I've not worn them for the past few months, due to the fantastic British weather ) and I've only had my left knee down once, due to an accidental 'oh shit' moment and I'm still on my 125 but I don't let it bother me, even though it's a bit of an over kill.
Just take them off if it bothers you though. As Matt says, they can cause problems with banging them into doorways (and coffee tables )
Also, RST are pretty good value for money...except for their gloves. I would definitely steer clear of them. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DrSnoosnoo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DrSnoosnoo World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2012 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mic Brolly Dolly

Joined: 09 Sep 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:14 - 08 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
i took my knee sliders off after a few months cos theyre really nice and i dont wanna scratch them  ____________________ zzr600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Doovy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Doovy World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| finniee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 finniee Spanner Monkey

Joined: 03 Jul 2013 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Doovy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Doovy World Chat Champion

Joined: 21 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:56 - 08 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes the sliders are 100% removable. Just a big velcro patch on the knees for them that they stick onto.
I have heard of Infinity Motorcycles, as I am in London, I know a work colleague has been there but I never have. ____________________ Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BTTD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BTTD World Chat Champion
Joined: 22 Nov 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:18 - 08 Mar 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I bought a pair of FT trousers a couple of years ago, these ones:
https://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php/collection/leathers/ftl306-panther-street-jean-black.html
I've read various good and bad things about FT stuff, but I've had no major problems with mine. The stitching on a velcro tab came a little loose, took me a couple minutes to repair it. Stitching in all the important areas is still sound (I had a good look!).
I bought the FT ones because they fit me better than anything else I tried. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|