Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dfgdfhbfgnf
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

..

Last edited by dfgdfhbfgnf on 11:58 - 30 Mar 2014; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Boris the spider
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interesting to see if it works.
____________________
Yes I'm a pig....And yes... The working public do pay my wages. Tho I contribute to your benefits you lazy c##t. You do not pay my wages. So go fcuk yourself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 29 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know as well as anybody that noise does not necessarily equal power, but if your wanting to increase performance it has to be at the expense of something else normally, and in most cases the first thing to be sacrificed is noise level.

I'll be doing an airbox lid mod on my KMX125 when it's run in, and I will have a back to back dyno run carried out and see if it's as restrictive as I think it might be. I might be slightly over jetted at the moment, so it will be interesting to see the effect on fuelling with no airbox lid etc.

Is your YBR injected or carb fed? And what are you doing about fuelling when you change the intake/exhaust set up etc?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 30 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hi

Today I decided to experiment with my air box of my ybr125 to make it draw more air into it. At the top of it under the seat there is the airbox inlet and it has a rubber intake. I could removed it but at idle there is an odd ticking noise that can be heard so I wanted to improve it but not removing it completely. I cut the middle bit so that the hole have a bigger area. That's the only thing you can do to improve some throttle response without make the bike unbearable to drive because I had tried fitting a cone filter directly to the throttle body with a silicone hose but the drone at wot was unbearable.

https://i.imgur.com/utT4apk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rhWxWah.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s47TwIG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PwBdTxj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/68sVtFd.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 30 Mar 2014    Post subject: Re: .. Reply with quote

dexterford wrote:
Hi

Today I decided to experiment with my air box of my ybr125 to make it draw more air into it. At the top of it under the seat there is the airbox inlet and it has a rubber intake. I could removed it but at idle there is an odd ticking noise that can be heard so I wanted to improve it but not removing it completely. I cut the middle bit so that the hole have a bigger area. That's the only thing you can do to improve some throttle response without make the bike unbearable to drive because I had tried fitting a cone filter directly to the throttle body with a silicone hose but the drone at wot was unbearable.

https://i.imgur.com/utT4apk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rhWxWah.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s47TwIG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PwBdTxj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/68sVtFd.jpg



You really think that center divider is restrictive? Look at the size of the carb throat and the size of the passages in that rubber boot. It's probably got ten times the cross-sectional area of the carb.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 191 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.44 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45.72 Kb