|
|
| Author |
Message |
| S1417 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1417 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 30 Apr 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:39 - 30 Apr 2014 Post subject: CB125T Seat |
 |
|
Hi, I'm new here having been reading the forum for a while but only now have I come up with a question that I cant already find the answer to on here.
For the past year I've been rebuilding a 1980 CB125T, with the hope of being able to ride it when I turn 17 next month (currently riding a 50cc). When I got it the seat was missing so I've been keeping an eye out on ebay etc for a replacement but have had no luck. Now my birthdays getting a lot closer I'm looking for other options as I'd rather not be stuck on my moped for any longer than i have to, so i was wondering if anyone knew on any other seats that would fit it, or can think of any other options as a temporary measure until i can find the correct seat for it.
One option i was looking at was possibly the later CB125TD models, as there's a couple of seats from those available, however from what i understand it was a completely updated bike so I'm not sure if the seat would fit or not?
Here's a picture of the hinge with dimensions on just in case it's of any help. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n2mtj90fe4r27p/IMG_20140430_183715.jpg
Ryan |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fisty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fisty Super Spammer

Joined: 11 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| S1417 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1417 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 30 Apr 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:45 - 01 May 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I've come across quite a few of Tef's essays whilst looking for info on this bike  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Teflon-Mike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Teflon-Mike tl;dr

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| S1417 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1417 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 30 Apr 2014 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Teflon-Mike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Teflon-Mike tl;dr

Joined: 01 Jun 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:21 - 01 May 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Shields17 wrote: | Ahh, okay no worries. Would i be right in guessing the TD models seat wouldn't just be a straight swap? |
The key word in thier is 'Guessing'... that's all any of us can do.
Look at pics of TD's vs T's, the profiles a different shape to start with, so who knows how it would even sit on the frame rails against the tank; let alone what it might or might not like up against as far as bracketry.
If I were in your situation, I might try getting something like a CD200 benley seat and faffing with it. But, worst case is I would end up using MDF and GRP to make a new base to suit the rails and brackets, pilaging foam from whatever bike seat I could lay my hands on, and covering it with after-market upholstery.
Though more likely I'd use it as excuse to get a cafe or flat-track seat/tail unit and slap that on as best fits. ____________________ My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| S1417 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1417 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 30 Apr 2014 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| S1417 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1417 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 30 Apr 2014 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:16 - 01 May 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for that, I'll have a search and see if I can find it anywhere else
The other option is the David silver repro seat but at £130 excluding the seat lock and hinge I'd rather avoid it.... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|