Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CB125T Seat

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

S1417
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 30 Apr 2014    Post subject: CB125T Seat Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here having been reading the forum for a while but only now have I come up with a question that I cant already find the answer to on here.

For the past year I've been rebuilding a 1980 CB125T, with the hope of being able to ride it when I turn 17 next month (currently riding a 50cc). When I got it the seat was missing so I've been keeping an eye out on ebay etc for a replacement but have had no luck. Now my birthdays getting a lot closer I'm looking for other options as I'd rather not be stuck on my moped for any longer than i have to, so i was wondering if anyone knew on any other seats that would fit it, or can think of any other options as a temporary measure until i can find the correct seat for it.

One option i was looking at was possibly the later CB125TD models, as there's a couple of seats from those available, however from what i understand it was a completely updated bike so I'm not sure if the seat would fit or not?

Here's a picture of the hinge with dimensions on just in case it's of any help. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n2mtj90fe4r27p/IMG_20140430_183715.jpg

Ryan
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 30 Apr 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the following posts will be an essay written especially for you. It will contain 50000 words only one of which will be relevant to your question.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

S1417
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've come across quite a few of Tef's essays whilst looking for info on this bike Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields17 wrote:
Yeah I've come across quite a few of Tef's essays whilst looking for info on this bike Laughing

Well, you wont get one this time, 'cos I cant help, I'm afraid.
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

S1417
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:20 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, okay no worries. Would i be right in guessing the TD models seat wouldn't just be a straight swap?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields17 wrote:
Ahh, okay no worries. Would i be right in guessing the TD models seat wouldn't just be a straight swap?

The key word in thier is 'Guessing'... that's all any of us can do.
Look at pics of TD's vs T's, the profiles a different shape to start with, so who knows how it would even sit on the frame rails against the tank; let alone what it might or might not like up against as far as bracketry.
If I were in your situation, I might try getting something like a CD200 benley seat and faffing with it. But, worst case is I would end up using MDF and GRP to make a new base to suit the rails and brackets, pilaging foam from whatever bike seat I could lay my hands on, and covering it with after-market upholstery.
Though more likely I'd use it as excuse to get a cafe or flat-track seat/tail unit and slap that on as best fits.
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

S1417
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was my main reason for doubting it would. It was more of a worst case scenario, if the bracket happened to be the same I could use it temporarily until i found something more permanent.

I think trying to bodge a similar seat on will probably be the plan now as i can't seem to find anything that looks like a straight swap.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scotsman37
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:19 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to David Silver Spares that bike's seat/saddle pan fits the following models

Part No HHCAA399700P

T/TA/TB/T2


CMNSL website has it as

fits: Honda
OEM number: 77200-399-000
product number: 77200399000

from another website noting number change

No longer available

P/N: 77200-399-000, 77200399000

77200-399-000 has been discontinued by Honda

77200-399-000 has been replaced by 77200-399-700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

S1417
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 01 May 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I'll have a search and see if I can find it anywhere else Thumbs Up

The other option is the David silver repro seat but at £130 excluding the seat lock and hinge I'd rather avoid it....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.37 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 64.27 Kb