|
|
| Author |
Message |
| GeorgeB. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GeorgeB. Crazy Courier

Joined: 08 Mar 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:00 - 03 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
...but you/he did tell them didn't he/you. I'm sure you remember sending a letter. Sadly you/he forgot to ask for proof of postage I'll bet. Interpretations Act (look it up or use search on here). Although IIRC the DVLA are trying to say that no longer applies.
There are other suggestions on here if you do a search. ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 05 Jul 2014 Post subject: Re: Dirty robbing bastards! |
 |
|
It's not a fine, it's a blackmail demand.
So, has he been ignoring VED demands for 10 years?
The only way I can see is for him to use the "Dunno wot you meeean, mate" defence and say that he's still got it.
What the consequences of that would be for the new owner, I have no idea, but I doubt that anyone would enjoy it.
Right. Either pay up now, or ignore it completely.
I mean completely, no calling them up to bawww and definitely no giving them any more contact details.
Pay attention to it if and when a court summons hits the mat. At that point, either decide to defend the case, or open negotiations for bribing them, starting from the position that if they show up to court then it's all costs to them. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mattsmith95 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattsmith95 Traffic Copper
Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gavcarter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gavcarter Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 28 Mar 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:24 - 05 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've had that one, went to court, didn't even get into court room.
Some bloke pulled me into a little room, told me why I was there - which I was already knew, and asked me what my response would be, fill in an expenses form and claim I couldnt pay before xx date because I had no money or contest the fine.
I wanted to contest it. I told him I had sorned the bike 3 days after the insurance ran out.
The insurance was never in my name as when I bought it, my mate still had tax and insurance on it that he just left to lapse ( cancellation fees tax not worth reclaiming) - it ran out end of the month but I was unsure on date, so I declared the bike sorn at 1st of the next month.
the database was checked on the 28th and flagged taxed but no insurance.
I never received proof of sorn in the post, but checking its status on the DVLA website and printing a copy out I could show the date of next liability - which proved what day it was sorned.
He told me "what a waste of time and money to drag people here over a 3 day discrepancy, go home son dont worry about it, the courts are really busy today anyway"
He filled in some DVLA headed papers, some from my local magistrates and i've heard nothing since ( few years now)
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gavbriggs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gavbriggs Crazy Courier
Joined: 11 Jun 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polarbear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polarbear Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:15 - 06 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had the same for the CBR400 I gave away.
You haven't told us... dadidadida...
I just paid the £30. I know Paddy & Sickpup have won against the DVLA but I'm sure if I did it I'd end up with the bailiffs round owing the bastards an arm and a leg  ____________________ Victory Cross Country American tractor. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wonko The Sane |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wonko The Sane World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:49 - 06 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
So if the system requires us to notify the DVLA if we've not heard from them and their argument rests on "you didn't tell us"
If the DVLA don't send me my tax reminder and I then don't buy the tax disk can I use this as my defence:
"You didn't tell me I needed to purchase it and you didn't prompt me when you didn't' receive an acknowledgement of your letter"
surely it's the same rule and we should be fining them for not responding to the bits of paper we send in since they fine us if we don't act on the bits of paper they send out. ____________________ Looking to pass your CBT / Bike tests in Bury Lancashire? try www.focusridertraining.co.uk Would recommend.
They're also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Focus-Rider-Training/196832923734251 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Polarbear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Polarbear Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:58 - 06 Jul 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I am wondering with the wording where you have to deliver to the government Secretary. Would it be worth it to organise a day (or days) where people turn up in person to present the documentation? Not to anybody though, the secretary in person. Maybe that would highlight how stupid the wording and dvla are.
Now only if there was some national organisation(s) for bikers who could muster a united front and coordinate something like that
Or is that being silly? ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mattsmith95 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattsmith95 Traffic Copper
Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|