|
|
| What's the worst damage you've done to yourself from a crash? |
| Never Crashed |
|
14% |
[ 15 ] |
| A few scratches/road rash, nothing permanent |
|
47% |
[ 49 ] |
| Scared for life but otherwise okay |
|
11% |
[ 12 ] |
| Spent a while in hospital, otherwise fine |
|
5% |
[ 6 ] |
| Broke a bone or two |
|
14% |
[ 15 ] |
| Broke several bones/internal injuries |
|
0% |
[ 1 ] |
| Lucky to walk again |
|
5% |
[ 6 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 104 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| dotti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dotti Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sissy |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Sissy Banned

Joined: 14 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:28 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I haven't crashed as of yet... I hope I don't either. Few moments that I've thought "FUCKING HELL THAT WAS SO FUCKING CLOSE HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THAT?", but that's it. ____________________ Click here to see me wheelie my NRG.
There is a meet at Bluewater on saturday! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dotti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dotti Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:30 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll start the ball rolling. I've got a scar on my ankle and a scar on my elbow, but other than that no harm done. I learnt so much from my one and only crash that it was worth the pain.
The thing things I learnt most of all were:
Riding to the limit leaves no room for error
(following on from the last thing) We all make mistakes(but if you're riding at the limit mistakes hurt)
No matter how expensive they are I must always buy good tyres. ____________________ Dangerous traffic offences spotted on 50-minute trip: Lost count after 100. Number of traffic cops spotted: One, sitting by a speed-trap camera
Last edited by dotti on 00:34 - 17 Jan 2005; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:31 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
i crashed 3 times when i was younger thats why i gave buikes a rest , street light council lorrys and 125,s meeting head on dont mix to well really .
but not to much damage was done so now i,m older maybe i can get it rite this time ____________________ "Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AD Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 17 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:34 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Put myself in hospital for a night, couldn't eat for about a month (had to eat/drink through straws... whilst Hustler took the piss ) can't really remember any of it to be honest, got told I kept asking the same things over and over Hit a wall face first at 30or so mph after hitting the kerb (apparantly, I don't even know where it happened let alone what happened )
Didn't put me off purely cos I didn't remember it!
Off road and supermoto, well crashing does indeed teach you a few things, like for instance how to pick the bike back up  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superchoward |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superchoward Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 24 Nov 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dotti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dotti Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dotti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dotti Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dotti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dotti Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:02 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fine then, since you asked. I've gone on about this too much already I can tell.
I broke my radial styloid off, and fractured the upper end of the radius whilst losing it turning right out of a junction. I got knocked out in the process for half an hour or so, and in and out of conciousness for the next half hour or so I think. Got a screw in my wrist and 3 days in hospital, followed by 5 weeks in a cast and 3 months of physiotherapy.
If anything, it made me a better rider, as the reason I crashed was quite simple. I was riding like a knob, and an enforced 2 months off the bike made me realise that I needed to change.
It didn't put me off at all really, partly because I didn't know a thing about the accident, and partly because I'd just spent £1.5k and wasn't about to waste it.
(As for all the other drops and lowsides, the less said about all that the better. ) ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steveh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steveh World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dan 4RR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dan 4RR World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi,
I did crash once, but that was when I took my scooter off road onto a slippy, muddy track. Lost controll of front wheel, the bike and I both tipped over side ways and luckly it landed on some soft mud, so soft landing! But I did hurt my back because when I landed my spine bent inwards.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:09 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I crashed in 2002, it didn't put me of as I was back biking within 2 weeks albeit with a fucked thumb and hip.
It did teach me one thing though, and that was to slow down and expect every driver to pull out in front of you, that way your always prepared.
My last crash was just a slide on my arse for a few hundred metres, didn't teach me much, apart from not drinking any alcohol at all when riding even if its just half a pint, and not to lean the bike on cold tyres on a slippery roundabout!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 8316 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 8316 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 08 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:15 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
talking of crashin, i came the closest i have to, without crashing.i went round a roundabout today, and my tyres just washed out as i was in mid-lean. i lost my balance and luckily my foot came off the peg, and managed to support me and the bike-keeping us both upright. i thought i was gonna get crushed by the truck behind me....
ah well, at least i impersonated rossi when he raced at valencia 2000-makes me feel slighty better -i just hope i dont crash later like he did!  ____________________ Now own a Fireblade!! Speed Limits? Bah! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:25 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Think I'm probably scarred for life (6 months and not gone), but my crash wasn't too bad. Just a big bang and some good old fashioned sliding along the road. Somehow I've actually never broken a bone... hopefully I'll keep it that way.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR125-Kid-UK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR125-Kid-UK Attention Whore

Joined: 03 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:27 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Crashed scooters a few times, I guess they taught me:
I'm not invincible
shit tyres *don't* hold the road *that* well
I cannot predict what's round blind corners.
My two crashes on the NSR taught me:
even good tyres hate painted lines
they hate ice too.
The worst injury I had was my third crash on the scooter, when I managed to send myself flying into the air, landed badly on my foot, twisted my foot and broke two bones in it too .
My most recent crash on the NSR I think has done me more harm than good, denting my confidence and making me paranoid about crashing to the point where I don't enjoy riding anywhere near as much as I used to, at least in rain .
Hopefully my confidence will return in time, but it doesn't feel like its in any hurry to do so . ____________________ https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!
"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat spot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat spot World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:39 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Broke and dislocated my thumb on one occasion. Had to go to hospital for road rash on forearm/thigh/knee/ankle on another. That was quite bad and pretty bloody sore changing the dressing as it takes all the new skin off with it. There are a few faint scars but nothing serious.
Hospitalised after a combine harvester incident. Was knocked unconcious so was talking gibberish for a few days and had to have a head scan. They couldn't find anything............................wrong.
I was also throwing up blood, so had to have one of those tests that you would normally use to see babies in preganant women. Good news was all my insides were still in the right place just took a battering, and I wasn't pregnant either.
My back was less fortunate as it took most of the force. Was off work for 3 months as I could barely walk and couldn't stand straight. Basically had to lie flat until physio helped things get fixed.
That was to close for comfort and if it wasn't for numerous bits of luck I wouldn't be typing this now.
AS for all the others, got away scott free with minor bruising.
Still, only dying will stop me riding. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:45 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: Scarred |
 |
|
After headbutting a roadsign and only keeping an intact neck due to wearing a rucksack I've definately changed my riding style.
Despite the accident being over three years ago, I still ride a lot more cautiously than I need or should.
Lesson : An NSR will never keep up with a Fireblade, and trying can only end in disaster  ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rob W |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rob W World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T.C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T.C World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Motkram |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Motkram Scooby Slapper

Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:45 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Crash the dirt bike about every ride! If you don't fall off your not trying hard enough!
On the road got fixated by a hole in a hedge on a bend and ended up laid in it.
Also toppled over turning in the road once!
(all many moons ago, of course) *touch wood.............now!* ____________________ Part-time GSXR1000 pilot>Micron Serpert system+K&N, PC111, Sigma slipper clutch, Brembo m/c+Galfer discs, Gilles rearsets, Translogic Quickshifter.
GP125>GSF400>VFR400NC30>YZF600R>YZFR1(1998)+KLR250>YZFR1(2003)>CBR900RRY>YZFR1(2002)>GSXR1000K1+RGV250 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superchoward |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superchoward Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 24 Nov 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|