Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Newbie & my bike!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Newbie & my bike! Reply with quote

Been a browser on these forums for a little while now...

Just thougth I'd get signed up and say hi!

Also tried to attach some pics of my bike, I passed my test July of last year and threw myself onto a ZX6R and I love it. Didn't get the best of the summer but looking forward to this year. It's still standard. Just got new 1 piece leathers and crash bungs are next before the mods. Hoping to get a Blueflame can by March.

Also, any riders from up north (Central Scotland) I'm up for bike meets. Got a few mates with bikes but due to small 'offs' last year both them and there bikes ain't ready to go yet and it gets lonely out myself!!

Cheers all...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ric
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello mate

btw crash bungs are the worlds best invention, saved me twice
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and Salutations! Nice bike too. Thumbs Up

(I prefer it in red or blue though. Embarassed)
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchaggis How rude, should be ashamed of yourself

Consider yourself at the 'naughty wall' now.

Welcome fellow kawasaki owner, allthough My kawasaki is nowhere near as impressive as that!

[/quote]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, but it's only a standard well kept bike!

And Kwaks really only come in Green! Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they dont, Mine is THE blue
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

green ones are faster! Very Happy Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yzf750 Knows it !!! Didn't want to say myself.....
Faster and with much better looking riders I must say ! Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome a board CC123! Thumbs Up Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive now got a ZXR750L1 (green one), used to have a Yamafuckingha.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:11 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yzf750rPosted: 15:02 - 17 Jan 2005 Post subject:



green ones are faster!


welcome to the real world my son Wink AHHHH yeah green is good! nothing like killing a 1996 Yamaha YZF 1000 in the twisties and then staying in front on the straights! Cool
____________________
Those bloody footpegs......they ought to do away with em!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Azmodeus
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:58 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for a point of referance, when I say "Ninja Green" this is the colour i'm on about. First bike I was ever up close to was an all-green Ninja Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.



Yet another bogey-bike! What is this forum coming to!? Rolling Eyes
Nice shiny bike Thumbs Up
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello cc123, good to have another "central scotlander" on board Wink

Request permission for acess to the scottish board from "proximacore" as thats where we arrange ride-outs. Although, I've not been on one as of yet nor have I met any ofhte scottish clan, but I'm sure they're all relatively sane.

I'm in the centre of glasgow myself, close to the ducati shop Smile

Up for a run anytime, I ride in pretty much any weather as long as my er5 can cope.

cheers

greg

P.S Do you work in the centre of glasgow at all?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator: Nope, I'm in Blantyre and stay out Lanark way. I'm up for a run out anytime too (mostly) but the weather is abit shocking tonight! (Snowing right now!!!!)

I've already e-mailed proximacore about getting access to that part of the site. Would like to start going to meets etc as I'm quite new to all this. What kind of bike you riding out of interest?

Mines ain't exactly all green but I think the purple breaks it up nice, and when the sun catchs it, it's very seeeexual looking!! I don't mind other colours but Kwaks are really supposed to be green and thats it... (altho a 2003/4 model in blue is nice!)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

saints7
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:23 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike - welcome to the ZX6R club Thumbs Up

Mine's yellow by the way - screams like a demented wasp!

Anybody know if the crash bungs need any fairing mods?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride the attachedd. An er5. Slightly modified with the undertray, k&n filter and remus exhaust but apart from that, its boringly normal Wink

Great for town work and going down to see the paretns every fortnight. Blantyre is only 15 miles away from me and theres also "fallen angel" another member who lives just up the road from me. Although not to sure when Fran, fallen angel will have her bike(s) fixed. Hopefully soon Thumbs Up

About the snow, yeah I got caught out in that !!! Sad Weatherproof gear is dripping itself dry as we speak. Once we get into spring, theres a good 8 or 10 at the least who would be up for a BCF meet I reckon Smile


Last edited by instigator on 17:28 - 17 Jan 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Inspire
Nova Slayer



Joined: 06 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice bike! Welcome Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

saints7: If you buy R&G ones I think you don't need to modify the fairing, thats what I'm going for, £95 I think direct from R&G..Yup, and I love the way the Kwak screams at full throttle!!

instigator: I'd be up for a meet/ride-out anytime but hopefully in better weather conditions as it sucks right now. I also run Avon AV49&50 tyres which don't cope well with damp patches! Hopefully I'll get access to the Scottish sections and see when the meetups are as it's something I think I would enjoy, getting to know fellow bikers and riding on roads I've not yet tried...

Thanks inspire: Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

the red, blue and yellow ones are nice colours, you have more time to see them. Laughing

green ones are faster!

no offence! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

shellshock
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 25 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations on having superb taste in bikes Very Happy Mines a ZXR400, wanted a 6, but I am too little. Still this ones plenty fast enough (and its got lots of green Thumbs Up )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kwakers purple!? Nothing wrong with one that Isn't green. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 27 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 17 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Middle Finger

That's a f*cking nice bike you've got there and I want one so badly! Perhaps you'd consider a straight swap for my RS125? Laughing
Puke green is the only colour to have though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tasty bike. Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up

What made you jump on on a 600 sports bike straight afer your test? Not a bit intimidating?

Can I be nosey and ask where you bought the bike? I'm in Glasgow and most of the bike shops I've been to haven't impressed me that much. Edinburgh on Saturday for my first bike (maybe).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cc123
Geez a joab?



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:19 - 20 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted something that I wasn't going to get sick of or grow out of too quick. I love Ninja's and my mate has a 99' model so seeing him on one made me want one!!

The bike is far better than I'll ever be but it's the easiest bike I've ridden so far. As long as you ain't a clown on it and be careful, it won't bite!

As for performance, well, it's all I need right now and then some. I've had a quick blast on an R1 and I find that stupid fast Shocked

I got the bike from a guy in Sheffield. Travelled down from near Glasgow to buy it. It was standard and below average miles. From the photo he sent, it was mint. It was standing in his garage doing nothing for months as he'd bought a new-ish R6 and couldn't get anyone to even come out and look at it. I got a real bargain as he was moving house that week! Very Happy My mate rode it back in the pi55ing rain.

All it needed was road tax and an overhaul on the front brakes as it had been sitting for a wee while. Great bike, had no problems with it and I'm a very happy chappy!! Very Happy
____________________
Old bikes >>> https://www.bikepics.com/members/cc123/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.14 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.09 Kb