Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ipad bluetooth pen

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:28 - 15 Aug 2014    Post subject: ipad bluetooth pen Reply with quote

I like to write notes when I go the the workshops during my inspections and instead of using the onscreen keyboard to do this, want to but a bluetooth pen. This one (the link below) looks ok, but has anyone got any other ideas or experience of these?

https://www.adonit.net/jot/script/

cheers in advance
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:40 - 18 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I guess no one has knowledge of these pens, I will order one from taobao and let you know what it works like. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fatjames
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:07 - 19 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:44 - 20 Aug 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it arrived yesterday and first impressions it looks and feels good. My only issue is that I want to use it when i go to the workshop to take notes, draw on photos, but it has no clip to put it in your pocket safely.

The software that I am using that supports the pen is Penultimate, free from the app store, but there is a better paid version that i might look into later.
The pen has 3 different thicknesses of writing, I prefer the thinnest and it does actually write well, although you need to slightly modify your style a little to get a better normal look. The good thing for me is that you can rest your palm on the ipad and it doesn't affect how the pen writes, so it feels like real writing on paper.

I will give it a few more days of use before i give it a thumbs up as i am still getting used to it, but I think it will be a good investment for sure.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 39.57 Kb