|
|
| Author |
Message |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:59 - 27 Nov 2014 Post subject: IDE/ACHI mode choice on Fresh install |
 |
|
Hey peeps.
I have just brought and installed a new 3TB HDD as low on space. Now I am thinking as its been about 3 or 4 months since last reinstall.
Now I have an SSD, and Use windows 7, I have also it currently set to ACHI mode.
HOWEVER.
I am unable to burn any cds. My internal drive keeps failing telling me I need to set the page mode to DAO to write, However everything is set correctly and working, and I even replaced my blue ray drive with a normal DVDRW drive.
After research It seems to be an issue with ISTOR Driver and ACHI Drivers and 64bit versions of windows 7. But non of the fixes seems to work.
My motherboard is an MSI P67A-GD65 B3, and it only allows me to set the mode for all of the sata channels not individually (Unlike my old Asus PQ65 mobo)
Now I no longer use a hot swap caddy in my machine, So I was wondering how much of a hit am I going to take performance wise, swapping to IDE mode on the SSD?
Cheers
Stu ____________________ Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rogerborg |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rogerborg nimbA

Joined: 26 Oct 2010 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:34 - 27 Nov 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bless you. ____________________ Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| prawny1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 prawny1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Jun 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:21 - 10 Dec 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, I have ordered a new Mobo now, as I tried to flash the bios to see if that helped, and the bios flash did not fully work.
MSI confirmed my Board is bricked, so ordered an ASUS P67 board as a stop gap until I can afford upgrade to 1150/i7
Least I should then be able to do a straight swap and not need to reinstall again. ____________________ Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|