Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


If the only option was a brand new chinese bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 21 Jan 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: If the only option was a brand new chinese bike Reply with quote

Which one would you buy and why? I am thinking if it come to it i would buy the lexmoto arrow, there doesnt seem to be much difference between the arrow and zsx (or any other chinese bike) apart from style and price.. Some dealer recommended the lexmoto zsx to me and even said its better than my YBR, i felt insulted tbh ;p.

Your turn..
____________________
Current Ride: Fazer 600 (02) & YBR125 (07)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudshark
Nearly there...



Joined: 19 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:08 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea, know nothing about Chinese bikes, however I was toying with the idea of a honda XL250 or similar for a second bike, so this might be ny choice

https://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/superimg/XF250GY.png

probably horrible though
____________________
R1250RS
XT660X
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iginge
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd strongly avoid the arrow entirely and go with the ZSX based on the fact that despite it's cheap price point and overall cheaper to insure the arrow comes with a wide range of issues even when purchased brand new, build quality mainly, the gearbox as well is a huge pain and can often getting stuck in neutrals and hitting false neutrals when attempting to go from 1st to 2nd gear.

The arrow is also a lot slower on paper than the ZSX and from experience I can say that the arrow is dog slow (common is a 17t upgrade to increase speed, don't get a 16T only makes things worse if anything), breaking in period on the arrow is also a huge pain, gearbox did nothing but play up and only got 30mph at a push.

However I'd strongly advise getting the bike form a dealerships close to home so that in the event the bike breaks down you can push it there, not use a van like I have to.

I've never ridden the ZSX however it has always appealed to me if I where to change 125's it really depends what you're after form the bike, the ZSX has a nice few features over the arrow.. digital dash (partly), can install the XTRS lextek exhaust system, fancy-ish styling, SOHC engine over SOHV, seat storage.

I'd also advise getting at least TPFT with the ZSX as it looks similar to the keeyway RKV and that style of bike is a popular choice amongst joyriders/t-leafs, the nicer it looks the more they want it.

I've had experience with the arrow including a complete loss of power and breakdown suddenly without warning(a simple clean and re-connecting all wires solved it).

Go with the "safer" option and get something that's been recently made and looks a little nicer, you'll soon get bored of the arrow believe me, it's a no brainer IMO depending on your budget.

Also note with the pulse listed below it's also a popular joy ride and burn machine so ensure a decent TPFT cover, pulse and lexmoto are the same company operating under llexter (to my knowledge).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
M-C This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexmoto vixen. No need to spend more, why pay for more complicated shit when it is built down to a stupidly low price, so the fancy stuff is just more shit to break. No matter what copy engine you get they all spit out around the same power so spending a load more to get one that is "faster" is a laughable fantasy.

Sinnis spam these forums and ignore difficult questions relating to the products they spam so I'd rather circumcise myself with a toothpick than give them money.

If they still made them I'd have another Jinlun jl125-11 but the 2nd hand ones now will be rough from the number of noob owners. I liked mine, with the right care it was a decent bike and my 250 I regret selling.

Beyond Chinese but still seen as cheap stuff. I'd like to try that sporty look Daelim (the 250 version) that reviewed well and the Hyosung Aquilla looks pretty impressive.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite like the look of those Mash ones that have been floating about here...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/mash_roadstar.jpg
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Re: If the only option was a brand new chinese bike Reply with quote

MC900 wrote:
Some dealer recommended the lexmoto zsx to me and even said its better than my YBR, i felt insulted tbh ;p.

You mean your Chongqing Jianshe Yamaha Motor Company Ltd. JS125-6? They might be right.

Or they might not, so (if we're talking 125s) I'd agree with going for the cheapest bike available, as being the lowest risk.

However, I'd go for the Vixen over the Arrow, because:

1) I had one, and it was fine. I'd have another.

2) The Arrow seems to be slower. I mean, 55mph slow, confirmed by owners, with a sprocket cover that precludes going up a couple of teeth on the front.


If we're talking larger bikes, I'm not sure I'd have any. I'd certainly only buy based on ready parts availability, which means Lexmoto/Pulse, but I don't think I'd have the Adrenaline 250 based on the riding position (I didn't enjoy a DR125SM).

Sinnis, maybe the Retrostar 250. Maybe,

https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/images/bike_area_images/28/16/right.jpg


WK, no thanks. I think their venture into 650s was ill judged and they'll just quietly drop them and chalk it up to experience.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike


Last edited by Rogerborg on 18:02 - 05 Feb 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Quite like the look of those Mash ones that have been floating about here...


After the thread on that I went to a place near me that sells them looking for a test ride. No test rides allowed, they wouldn't even let me sit on it! It does look really good though up close but nobody sells parts.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Adrenaline's not too bad, as it happens. I had one, and aside from the comedy suspension, they're quite robust, and are high enough to give a bit of an advantage when looking through/over traffic. They also feel a bit more 'big bike' in terms of the chassis size, although the engine response soon puts paid to that Laughing
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iginge
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:06 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
I went to a place near me that sells them looking for a test ride. No test rides allowed, they wouldn't even let me sit on it!


Note for the OP that test rides on the lexmoto/pulse don't exist so getting as much advise prior to buying is a definite.. however I've never heard of a dealership that wont let you sit on the bikes, I went in blind buying the cheapest option.. I live with my choice, although i'll think twice next time around.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:
Quite like the look of those Mash ones that have been floating about here...

After the thread on that I went to a place near me that sells them looking for a test ride. No test rides allowed, they wouldn't even let me sit on it!

Shocked

Huh, that's a new low. Even the local 10-brand dealer allowed me to sit on their Precious Bikes of the Shop, although the concept of "test ride" was alien to them.

Fine for flogging £1K starter bikes to starry eyed 17 year olds clutching their piggy banks, but they need to sort their attitudes out if they want to sell to buyers who have a choice. Did not seem to understand that someone rocking up on a newish BMW wasn't going to be impressed by 'affordable finance' or a gratis £30 helmet and Oxfam Oxford chain.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:14 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:


Huh, that's a new low. Even the local 10-brand dealer allowed me to sit on their Precious Bikes of the Shop, although the concept of "test ride" was alien to them.



Not that I'm a cynic but I assumed it's because they fall apart on contact and the dealer can't get parts to then fix Laughing .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Snorty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I wouldn't touch a Skyjet. Left my hands feeling so numb I thought I'd be doing 'the stranger' for the rest of my days. Vibrations are AWFUL.

Sinnis is the one brand which seems to have a better reputation but I have no first hand experience.
____________________
Current: Yamaha FZ1 '07 | GSXR 750 SRAD

Past: CB125TDC | TZR125 | GPZ500 | CBR600F3 | ZX9-R | GSXR1000 K4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iginge
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd stick to lexmoto over sinnis, no experience of sinnis but if we're talking chinese then to me it's the ready available parts with a cheap price tag that makes them appealing.

Sinnis don't offer parts to be sold to riders via their ebay page, CPMO or their website where as pulse and lexmoto do therefore a dealership is the only way to get parts.

With all the mentioned above websites (not sure about CPMO) offering next day delivery if ordered before 3PM I know witch one appeals more to me.

Also whatever bike you get do purchase from a dealership and not learnerlegal, stray you away from that adventure Thumbs Up

Also lexmoto released their n̶e̶w̶ lexmoto adrenaline, few upgrades over the pulse so if a pulse looks appealing then look out the lexmoto adrenaline, although it's b̶r̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ and would be surprised if there are any owners to provide an actual opinion.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

iginge wrote:
Unfounded bollocks
Has the word 'rebranded' ever made an appearance in your world?
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iginge
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Has the word 'rebranded' ever made an appearance in your world?


I don't see me having written "unfolded bollocks" anywhere Confused

And yes I'm aware lexmoto bikes are re-branded imports, although the zsx looks to be "more original" than the others.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:14 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

A directbikes. Only because I bought one for the misses. First thing I done was strip it down to the frame, hammerited the fuck out of it, and replaced all bolts with stainless steel. It's due it's first mot this year, and still runs sweet. Only thing that failed on it was the headlight bulb about 3 weeks in, I bought two as they are weird car bulbs, and didnt know if it was going to be an issue - still have the spare.
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

iginge wrote:
And yes I'm aware lexmoto bikes are re-branded imports, although the zsx looks to be "more original" than the others.
Really. You're recommending a Chinese 'original' bike over a clone. The people who still believe that imitation > innovation.
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest little plastic twist and go I could get my hands on! Then id be saving up all spare cash and hoping it would last long enough to afford something second hand and decent from a European or Jap manufacturer.

I did always quite like the Korean Hyosong RX125, and comparing it to that Pulse Adrenalin, I can see why I liked the RX125 so much.

Very long way to go in my book before the average Chinese bike is going to have the status of a Korean let alone European bike. I know there must be exceptions but I bet there are plenty of Chinq bikes that are still nothing more than a worthless load of crap!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iginge
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Really. You're recommending a Chinese 'original' bike over a clone.


I'm simply saying that the ZSX looks more the part as opposed to lexmoto's other offerings, if buying a bikes form such brands is a "risk" then I'd rather take a risk on there "flagship model".. although as others have said the ZSX has more features, just more to go wrong.

I'm sure we're all aware that in time the fuel gauge on half these bikes either brakes or provides incorrect readings along with the gear indicator being another gimmick to wrong.

Still retain that engine sizes above 125cc would be a good choice for the companies to go with (rebranded or not) as the Pulse 250 seems like the only current option for anyone who's a fan of these bikes (or can only afford them) to upgrade to.

Any thoughts from the OP after reading all the above?


Last edited by iginge on 20:02 - 05 Feb 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

iginge wrote:

I don't see me having written "unfolded bollocks" anywhere Confused


Ohhh, a challenge!

You recommend a bike with one factor being you can add a lextek exhaust..... you do know those are £10 exhausts with a lextek badge glued on (go check taobao if you want)? Also what upgrade does it provide for the bike?

You harp on about the new lexmoto adrenaline. As you were told in another thread it is not fucking new. It is the same pioneer made bike currently sold as the pulse adrenaline just with different bolted on tat to make it look more "supermoto".

You think adding teeth to 16T lost you speed but adding more to 17T gained you speed..........

The 157FMI engine is in many bikes, many that don't have fucked gearboxes. That means you either got a lemon or are a potato with a spanner, it does not mean every bike using a HT branded 157FMI has your gearbox issues.

One copy engine recommended over another despite both making pretty near the same power, so I struggle to see how that is so great.

Learner legal adventure? please tell me more......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iginge
Nova Slayer



Joined: 11 Jan 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Learner legal adventure? please tell me more......


- Exhaust was recommended as if upgrading/changing parts is your thing then it may appeal to the OP.

- I didn't state the lexmoto adrenaline was "new" hence the words being crossed out, my post clearly states it only provides a "few upgrades" non major.

- and yes from what I've been advised that the 16T and 17T have different effects.

- Gearbox issues are in the middle of being resolved

- Recommended different engine as stated by lexmoto the engine in the ZSX is meant to cope better with "higher speeds" and "provide less vibration".. that is all.

- And I'd rather buy a bike from a shop than learner legal each to their own.. (seems i'm not the only one not advising skyjet).

Thumbs Up


Last edited by iginge on 21:02 - 05 Feb 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Quite like the look of those Mash ones that have been floating about here...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188253/_bcf/mash_roadstar.jpg


Yeah the old xbr lump. Kinda. No matter how good (or bad!) it was though, I'd have to sand that stupid name off the tank. I mean ffs.
____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new Chinese bike as my only option? Right now?

I'd.................give up riding.
____________________
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sable
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 05 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely go Sinnis again. My Trackstars been fantastic.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.83 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 138.5 Kb