Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sore throat for 4weeks?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Sore throat for 4weeks? Reply with quote

I've had a mild sore throat, and funny taste in my mouth for nearly 4weeks now. I can feel it when I swallow food too. I did go to the doc also 2wks ago and was told I did not have a throat infection, but just 2blobs of white stuff whatever he called it either side of my throat. These have now gone, and I have no white spots in the area.

Doc says it should get better by itself, but 2weeks later a constant tickly sore throat is slowly starting to piss me off. Has anyone had anything like this before, and how long can it take a sore throat to get better? I've taken a load of paracetemal and cough syrup over the last 2weeks, but stopped now due to the cost of meds and the fact that it's not really painful, just irritating.

Should I waste another day off work that could have been a shed tinkering day, to go back to doc for another check or is there anything else I can take that might sort it out?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valid concern is valid, although I don't know what help you plan to get from BCF. Laughing

GPs are lazy and overworked and inexperienced these days it seems.

I think sometimes they forget people can die when they get lazy.
____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.


Last edited by Commuter_Tim on 22:42 - 09 Feb 2015; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIV. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you swallow to much, spit more often the sailors won't mind they may just pay less
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any mouth ulcers? I would get massive ones due to stress, right at th back of my mouth next to my throat, and they'd feel just like a sore throat and take about two weeks to heal.
____________________
Previous: 2002 Honda CB500 (sold), 2007 Suzuki SV650SK6 (crashed), 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (sold). Currently bikeless Sad
"A faired bike will get you 10x more clunge than a unfaired one." -Marlboro Matt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ed Case
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been munching on the bearded clam ?.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oral thrush?
____________________
Greetings from Shitsville!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been noshing sailors off?
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

scorps
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like ebolaids, you are finished. Soz and all that Crying or Very sad
____________________
Do not presume that I am male.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:38 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it and I had it for probably over a year.

I got so used to having a sore throat, I would always be sucking boiled sweets.

Now the strange thing is, I saw the doctor, he told me my tonsils don't look good and should be removed. I said something like can't you give me some tablets to make them better, he said no, so I left.

6 months later (still with constant sore throats), I goes back and he says you need your tonsils out.

I got my tonsils out....

I have zero medical knowledge, so I would just see someone who does.

FFS We are in the UK, it's free to see a doctor, it's free to have an operation, just go.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

covent.gardens
World Clap Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 09 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar symptoms when I had tonsillitis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try some Difflam throat spray see if that helps.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/difflam-throat-spray/prd-2o5

You can buy it over the counter from the chemists. I had weird sore throat a while back and it seemed to help.
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's more than likely the bad aids! Laughing
Was hoping it would be something more simple and easily fixed though, but the amount of needles I've had in my arm in the last 2years has probably not helped.

I might try a few different throat sweets, and go and waste another 1/2 day waiting to see the doc, who I thought last time was on more drugs than I am.

Sorry I don't know any sailors though, or anyone with beards and neither do I like clam shells.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dibs on bike(s) and/or girlfriend(s).
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
M-C This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 10 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get it checked at a GP or stop being the wife in your relationship. Thumbs Up
____________________
'87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.46 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 86.87 Kb