Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What have you done to your bike today? Archive.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
SQL wrote:
Refurbed rear caliper, what a utter cunt Mr Suzuki was designing that rear caliper.


You do realize, that Suzuki just picked that caliper from a catalogue, right? Possibly Nissin, could be a Tokico. Laughing


Tokico probably. Same as on Bandit and Hayabusa (some models/years). I quite like it as it has some grunt. Bleed nipple on wheel side is a bit annoying though.

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/pigeon35/150228%20-%20SV%20Brakes/20150301_142906.resized_zps3ft2xkkw.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:46 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:


Tokico probably. Same as on Bandit and Hayabusa (some models/years). I quite like it as it has some grunt. Bleed nipple on wheel side is a bit annoying though.

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/pigeon35/150228%20-%20SV%20Brakes/20150301_142906.resized_zps3ft2xkkw.jpg


Makes my eyes burn just seeing it again
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 pots on my front wheel, consider yourself lucky.
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:11 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11000158_490080951131182_3864126839772450104_n.jpg?oh=1d786645860e48dbfef9dfa0fa372c10&oe=557486C5&__gda__=1435531253_e7e1457bfe9393ac9a24318531d5cda6

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11043116_490081054464505_1751145513282182516_n.jpg?oh=3e7e1fadeb05abc0d0f20258d7e4c462&oe=5590F171&__gda__=1434420527_caeebf0ddc5777e26b44d24e1cedad15
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick clean. Fixed a few bits that needed sorting. Spotted this.

https://i.imgur.com/DQFaXZol.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:49 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey Shocked

What do you reckon caused that?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:57 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Blimey Shocked

What do you reckon caused that?


I noticed the other day some odd clunks from the bottom of the bike when I accelerated from a 30mph to a 60mph zone. In some ways it's a relief as I thought the clutch had dropped some bearings or whatnot (this has the usual clutch grab associated with VTRs - although the fluids haven't been changed in years, a job for tomorrow). Did change the engine oil the day after I got it, which reminds me, I also need a new oil filter.

Going to have to repair it with a split link for now until payday, then it'll get replaced with a new DID set.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carvel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:10 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeeeaaahhh I wouldn't be using that till it had a new chain on it.

What caused it?
____________________
2002 Aprilia RSV1000R, Cbr600Fs, Mk1 B12, Vfr400 NC30...

Matt B: I can deal with crushed nuts to beat Ollie.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Doomsnite
Traffic Copper



Joined: 19 Nov 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprayed the rusty bottom yoke and headlight bracket with hammerite black. Chuffed how it came out!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/TOOMZ/A6F7679D-1A16-4AFF-B549-712144FE8E98.jpg
____________________
Triumph Street Triple-R
Sold: Honda Hornet CB600F-Y / Yamaha YBR125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozzypop1 wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11000158_490080951131182_3864126839772450104_n.jpg?oh=1d786645860e48dbfef9dfa0fa372c10&oe=557486C5&__gda__=1435531253_e7e1457bfe9393ac9a24318531d5cda6

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/11043116_490081054464505_1751145513282182516_n.jpg?oh=3e7e1fadeb05abc0d0f20258d7e4c462&oe=5590F171&__gda__=1434420527_caeebf0ddc5777e26b44d24e1cedad15


The fuck did you use on that.

How long?

Thumbs Up Karma
____________________
07' Honda Hornet now full powaah! My guide on performing an oil change!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:46 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Hitler wrote:


I noticed the other day some odd clunks from the bottom of the bike when I accelerated from a 30mph to a 60mph zone. In some ways it's a relief as I thought the clutch had dropped some bearings or whatnot (this has the usual clutch grab associated with VTRs - although the fluids haven't been changed in years, a job for tomorrow). Did change the engine oil the day after I got it, which reminds me, I also need a new oil filter.

Going to have to repair it with a split link for now until payday, then it'll get replaced with a new DID set.


It's an impressive bit of damage that's for sure.

A split link and a bit of sympathetic throttle use should get you through. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/motorcyclesJZ/CBR1000RR/stompgrip_zps3nfifaaj.jpg
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a baffle in the Enfield exhaust.

The noise has declined from "roguish" to "caddish", which is where I think I prefer it.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rideslikean00...
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:20 - 08 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have done to the Fazer today? My standard end of week quick maintenance -

  • Check TPs, all good (new tyres are bedding in well)
  • WD40 on main key/in ignition to stop it seizing (common problem on all the Yamaha bikes I've owned)
  • Check kickstand (all good, hasn't seized, no WD40 needed)
  • Lubricate all contact point on gear lever/assy (Yamaha boxes are clunky at low speeds especially on 1st to 2nd and back, this helps)
  • Lubricate chain rollers/links (using Castrol Racing, might go back to Yamalube as it seems to last longer)
  • Quick clean of fairing/screen/mirrors with wipes to keep it looking good (it'll get a proper clean when it's serviced next week)


I'm thinking of moving to an oil change every 3K as a kind of interim service since I ride in all weathers, probably help engine longevity. Then onto changing filters etc myself so I'm not relying on the dealership to do all but the basics.
____________________
.
Previous/Current Bikes
2013 Yamaha YBR-125ED -> 1997 Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunderace -> 2009 Yamaha XJ-6 Diversion -> 2007 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:17 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:
I've just put those on my SV - finding them superb.


What tyres did you have previously?

When I got PR4's on the ST it was a huge difference. Granted I've only done 50 miles on them on the SV, but my enthusiasm isn't quite as orgasmic as on the ST.
I had 6 year old near 1mm BT021's and can't really feel much difference in terms of confidence. The BT's were a liability in the wet, but that's to be expected with 1mm tread.
With new rubber, the SV seems harder to initiate the change of direction AND is now quite twitchy. By that I mean the slightest input on the bars, or weight shift and it's changing direction mid-corner.

So in short, harder to initiate turn, once in turn it's little lively unless I'm super smooth. Will wait and see what it's like after 200 miles or so.


https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w559/pigeon35/150305%20-%20SV%20Tyres/20150307_104249.resized_zps7e3ar0wb.jpg

me wrote:
Going for a bimble tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's quieter than the stubby, but louder than stock.


Happy to report that the new can is quieter than the stubby, but louder than stock. It's quite lovely Smile

I'm going to miss the violence of the stubby when out on the charge (as chargey as 60bhp can be). But won't miss the way it shattered windows and set off every car alarm in a 5 mile radius.

Speaking of which, anyone want to buy an end can? Smile
Will put an add up later.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:17 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conti motions. Neutral

I originally had a pair fitted not long after I bought the bike because they were cheap, £170 fitted opposed to £250. I actually thought they was okay so fitted the same again, almost got rid of my chickenstrips on them come the summer months, did commuting and trips away but I knew that as the second pair were coming to the end I should treat myself and see what all the hype was about - it could only help such an old bike.

300 miles in, pressures to manuals 33/36 and loving them.

Check your pressures, don't suppose you checked your Cush rubbers and bearings Etc? Are they balanced?
____________________
Yamaha MT-09 - Triple powerrrr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:02 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed the baffle and shivered my way to work at 6am - haven't arrived with a grin this big in months.

Just about on the bearable side of frozen.
____________________
2017 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:27 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Hitler wrote:
Quick clean. Fixed a few bits that needed sorting. Spotted this.

https://i.imgur.com/DQFaXZol.jpg


Shoulda bought a TL.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
haroman666 wrote:

Massive difference. If you've got aged factory lines with old fluid then it will transform your brakes. Perhaps less so on more modern bikes but my 14 year old factory lines were probably past their use by date.


I was in a similar boat to Haroman, brake lines were 14-15 years old and had loads of cracks (although no leaks).
But the front brakes on my SV were not good, just didn't have any power (regardless of refreshing fluid and bleeding). So I decided the replace the lines when changing the pads.

However, I can't say exactly how much improvement is due to the braided lines because I replaced the 70% worn organic pads with new sintered pads. I also replaced brake pistons and seals. So cumulatively, it's a big improvement.

Been using the SV all week, but only clocked up 50 miles, however the pads are getting better each ride. There is almost enough power and bite to two finger brake which was impossible with what I had before.



Cheers guys. I renewed the brake fluid on my GSX600 a few weeks ago and although there is a slight improvement the brake lever might still as well be made of a cheese string. Judging by the bikes history I think the brake lines must be at least 11 years old, if not the originals so time for a change me thinks in time for the nicer weather Thumbs Up
____________________
I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
Suzuki GP125 Suzuki GSX600F Suzuki SV650S KTM EXC250F SkyTeam Bongo 125
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SnowdoniaRider
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wodge
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 11 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:23 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT'd Yammy RXS100... It's first mot since it's rebuild, its first mot on dvsa records. My first bike project.

No advisories, no problems to or from the test center.. Well chuffed.

Hello fairweather motorcycling.. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:26 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kriega US20 arrived - decided i'd had enough of messing around with drypacks, bungee's and cable ties everytime I go on a long trip.

Fitted the straps to the rear seat after about an hour of messing around trying to find somewhere decent to get them attached to Neutral ended up having to use tweezers to get the strap up through a tiny gap in the frame Laughing

All fitted in the end and really impressed with how easy it is to get on and off. Just big enough for a sleeping bag which i'd strap on top of it anyway so plenty of space for what i'm planning to use it for Thumbs Up

https://i58.tinypic.com/sbmq7d.jpg

Inb4 dropped on the motorway
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Musketeer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:

All fitted in the end and really impressed with how easy it is to get on and off. Just big enough for a sleeping bag which i'd strap on top of it anyway so plenty of space for what i'm planning to use it for Thumbs Up

https://i58.tinypic.com/sbmq7d.jpg

Inb4 dropped on the motorway


Will it fit Fireblade? I've got Oxford panniers but they won't fit bikes with under-seat exhausts.
____________________
Current Bike: Yamaha XSR900 Previous bikes: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja, Aprilia RS125 2-stroke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:38 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 100% sure; Aff's used the bigger US30 on his blade without any problems. Worse case I expect you would just need to drill some holes in the pillion-seat area somewhere to get the straps around, but you can probably find something Thumbs Up They seem to be mainly marketed at sportsbikes so i'd be suprised if it doesn't.

I'll grab some pictures of the straps fitted on mine tomorrow.

If you do get one, run a quote on thebikeinsurer and you'll get a 15% discount code, then buy through quidco at getgeared.com; knocks about £20 off Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flatbadger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT passed with advisory that front brake is grabbing slightly - hopefully I can replace the pads myself. Now for the extortionate £17 road tax renewal Mad Mr. Green
____________________
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
You're in ISIS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 09 Mar 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supermoto_Fan wrote:

300 miles in, pressures to manuals 33/36 and loving them.

Check your pressures, don't suppose you checked your Cush rubbers and bearings Etc? Are they balanced?


I tend to run the pressures a bit over book as it's usually felt better, but I think your right, 33/36 was definitely better today. Cheers dude Thumbs Up

I balanced the wheels and checked the bearings + cush rubbers, all was ok (after adding 25-30g per wheel). Think tyre pressures needed to be as per OEM.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 112 of 409

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.20 Sec - Server Load: 0.92 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 138.29 Kb