|
|
| Author |
Message |
| steve__b |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steve__b Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 May 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:23 - 02 May 2015 Post subject: Riding schools in Birmingham area |
 |
|
This is my first post here as a new member after being recommended this site. I started biking for the first time last August due to employer relocating and doing a 72 mile round trip daily commute on my YBR 125 between Birmingham and Rugby.
I am looking to do my DAS mod 1 training and test this summer. Then go for mod 2 when mod 1 is passed. I am over 24 and passed theory.
I done my CBT with Riders training school who were good but I think it would help by having some training at the DSA test centre pad, The only schools that do this are RMT (who seem good but expensive) and Goldies who are slightly cheaper.
Is anyone able to share their experience with their riding training school ?
Any recommendations for schools in Birmingham area ?
How can I find pass rates and reviews ? Any links ?
Thanks for reading. Any help or advice gratefully appreciated. ____________________ Riding 2001 BMW F650 Funduro. 1st bike Yamaha YBR 125. CBT Aug 2014. Theory Oct 2014. Mod 1 Passed Sept 2015. Mod 2 passed Dec 2015. Wish I'd started biking 20+ years ago...luv it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Taught2BCauti... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Taught2BCauti... World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jan 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:49 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you know where your DSA test centres are for Mod1, ask them who uses the pad when they aren't doing tests.
There are quite a few schools around the Dudley / Wolverhampton area that have access to DSA pads, or alternative mock-up sites. ____________________ Honda Varadero XL125(V8)
www.TheFutureIsHere.eu |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mdbutcha |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mdbutcha L Plate Warrior
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steve__b |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steve__b Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 May 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:10 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steve__b |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steve__b Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 May 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:15 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NJD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NJD World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:37 - 03 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Riders, HA!
I've contacted them multiple times as they "claim" they can do one days training with the test at the end of the day all for £160 (aprox), a bloody good deal (if it even existed), I've even visited them and told them I have the money to put down there and then, all I got was "we'll phone you" (still waiting).
Wouldn't even bother attempting to contact them again, bunch of guys in an office trying to get as much money as possible
RMT
Did my CBT with them (first time ever on a motorbike) and had a blast, instructor seemed serious at first (getting to know him) and then by the end of the road part we where joking and laughing around, both me and the other guy doing our CBT's walked away saying "if we ever come back, I want this guy".
I emailed Simon Hayes the owner and asked what training I'd need based on two previous fails at Module 1 on my own bike and I got a recommendation of a day £280 (aprox), all that's left for me to do is pick the ideal time to attempt the test again and visit them in person to put the money down.. absolute hastle free.
There prices are more expensive because they include gear hire, bike hire etc charges in there prices (something some companies wont do to lure you in), as well as the fact that the test isn't on the same day as the training hence being a little more expensive.
RMT Mod 1 = £100
RMT Mod 2 = £170 (aprox).
That's without training (and no that's not the cost of a re-sit, I don't know what is).
There local to me so always a bonus, see the instructors and pupils out and about all the time, wish they'd teach the pupils to nod back though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steve__b |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steve__b Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 02 May 2015 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:51 - 05 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
| NJD wrote: | Riders, HA!
I've contacted them multiple times as they "claim" they can do one days training with the test at the end of the day all for £160 (aprox), a bloody good deal (if it even existed), I've even visited them and told them I have the money to put down there and then, all I got was "we'll phone you" (still waiting).
Wouldn't even bother attempting to contact them again, bunch of guys in an office trying to get as much money as possible
RMT
Did my CBT with them (first time ever on a motorbike) and had a blast, instructor seemed serious at first (getting to know him) and then by the end of the road part we where joking and laughing around, both me and the other guy doing our CBT's walked away saying "if we ever come back, I want this guy".
I emailed Simon Hayes the owner and asked what training I'd need based on two previous fails at Module 1 on my own bike and I got a recommendation of a day £280 (aprox), all that's left for me to do is pick the ideal time to attempt the test again and visit them in person to put the money down.. absolute hastle free.
There prices are more expensive because they include gear hire, bike hire etc charges in there prices (something some companies wont do to lure you in), as well as the fact that the test isn't on the same day as the training hence being a little more expensive.
RMT Mod 1 = £100
RMT Mod 2 = £170 (aprox).
That's without training (and no that's not the cost of a re-sit, I don't know what is).
There local to me so always a bonus, see the instructors and pupils out and about all the time, wish they'd teach the pupils to nod back though  |
I can't fault Riders for CBT, they were good and did guaranteed CBT pass option...meaning no extra cost for extra training. But for mod 1 at their office they said one and half days for mod 1 then later said only do full days.
I spoke to Simon Hayes at RMT, he gave me prices for training and test. I'd be inclined to go with RMT as they seem good but depends on my finances over summer. Goldies quoted me cheaper but I still have time to decide as getting bike MOT'd and serviced in June then will go for mod 1. Only RMT and Goldies use DSA test pad for mod 1 training. ____________________ Riding 2001 BMW F650 Funduro. 1st bike Yamaha YBR 125. CBT Aug 2014. Theory Oct 2014. Mod 1 Passed Sept 2015. Mod 2 passed Dec 2015. Wish I'd started biking 20+ years ago...luv it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NJD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NJD World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2015 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 11 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|