Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


78 Kawasaki KE100 Spark problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

jfeyen
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 10 May 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 10 May 2015    Post subject: 78 Kawasaki KE100 Spark problem Reply with quote

Here is what I have going on. 78 KE100. When I bought it the guy told me it has no spark. He replaced the coil, but still didn't get any spark. I have replaced the points and the condenser in it. It I take a test light to the harness where the coil connects I can light up the test light nice and bright. As soon as I connect the coil to the harness I get nothing in the test light. I tested the coil. This is what I am getting.

The harness lead to the coil mount 00.8 Ohms
The harness lead to the plug wire 5.62K Ohms

The book says around 5K is good. I dont know what to do next with it. I have tried a new coil, and with a good coil it is doing the same thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Taught2BCauti...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:41 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the LT side of the coil, check that you have a good +12v on one side, and that the other side goes to the points with no breaks or shorts.

Is the coil clearly marked + and - ? If so, make sure you have it wired the right way round, and try disconnecting the - side (that goes to the points) and replace it with a spare piece of wire connected to earth. You should get a spark when you disconnect it from earth.
____________________
Honda Varadero XL125(V8)
www.TheFutureIsHere.eu
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bypass2
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 11 May 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about worn/broken woodruff key.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
unitynotsocri... This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 49.05 Kb