 Andy_Pagin World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
 Taught2BCauti... World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jan 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:16 - 14 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I find 6mm internal diameter tubing is good, as long as it isn't so soft it can collapse or get easily kinked. Keep the length sensible to avoid a trip hazard, but if you want to make them longer, coil the surplus and tape or cable-tie it in place.
You might get away with propping the tank up on wooden strips, or get someone to hold it in place - I would prefer to do this before resorting to disconnecting the tank and using a temporary supply.
Also, I always try to keep the bike upright when adjusting carbs - either using the centre-stand or a paddock stand. ____________________ Honda Varadero XL125(V8)
www.TheFutureIsHere.eu |
|
 andym World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Nov 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:36 - 14 May 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
I found 5mm tubing was a better fit personally.
Anyway, the shorter the hose the thicker the liquid needs to be, also maybe a small set of mole grips to restrict the movement initially (depending on how far out they are)..... when I done the CBR I had to use engine oil, mole grips and crank the engine over with the kill switch set to off after a lecturer balanced them by ear  |
|