|
|
| Author |
Message |
| geeewar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 geeewar L Plate Warrior
Joined: 10 Dec 2015 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:48 - 10 Dec 2015 Post subject: KSR GRS 125cc Headlight Issue |
 |
|
First time posting so be cool ya'll
I have just purchased a KSR GRS 125 and TBH this is an extremely well built bike. It is super smooth on the road and, although it is still 'running in' the engine is very responsive. It is also a very big bike and feels a lot bigger than a 125. I am 6'4" btw so I needed something like this design and build.
Anyway, my issue is driving at night : To keep it simple it is SCARY, VERY SCARY. The headlight is very poor with extremely limited visibility. I would say I have about 20 metres visibility. I drive on very dark roads so I am hoping to upgrade the headlight system. I had hope to fit a Phillips Xtreme 130 but these will get too hot and melt the lens apparently. The guy at AAA bikes in Paisley has no ideas, so I am hoping that any veterans out there can maybe shed some light ( excuse the pun ) on my issue ? Many thanks in advance, Big Gezza |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RhynoCZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RhynoCZ Super Spammer

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:27 - 10 Dec 2015 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't waste your money, adjust the headlight as Robby says. I run cheap bulbs and I can see alright.
Just my curiosity, does the motorcycle even have 12v electrics? If you've got 6v electrics and you put a 12v bulb there, the bulb will be very, very dim. Googling around, it does look rather modern, so I'd assume it was a 12v system. Anyway, check what wattage the bulb is supposed to be. If you put there a higher wattage bulb, the wiring could melt and even cause fire.
I'd do:
1) check the light adjustment
2) check your eyesight (some people can't see in dark) ____________________ '87 Honda XBR 500, '96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1, '90 Honda CB-1, '88 Kawasaki GPz550, MZ 150 ETZ
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI, '98 Mercedes-Benz w210 E200 Kompressor |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| geeewar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 geeewar L Plate Warrior
Joined: 10 Dec 2015 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FubarUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FubarUK L Plate Warrior
Joined: 29 Feb 2016 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chrisjose1913 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chrisjose1913 Nova Slayer
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 10 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|