|
|
| Author |
Message |
| NickD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NickD World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:46 - 11 Feb 2005 Post subject: Feeling like a learner! |
 |
|
Uncharacteristically apprehensive, and a little nervy. I've got my IAM assessment in the morning, to decide what work needs doing before my advanced test, and it feels odd. It's been 14 years since my riding has been scrutinised, and while I have lots of experience, and (usually) consider myself pretty competent, the idea of being followed for a few hours, and then having my riding slagged off disturbs me.......
...... want a laugh?........ Try a U- turn on a Blackbird!
 ____________________ I was only doing what it said on my licence officer....
Tear along the dotted line! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kasandrich |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kasandrich Trackday Trickster

Joined: 20 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:56 - 11 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't worry about it, I'm working on my advanced test, they won't rip your riding to bits, its not the way they do things, everything is done very constructively, they do not generally say negative things, just concentrate on the way forward
It'll be a good ride, you'll enjoy it. The IAM way is very different. ____________________ Richard
CBR1000FM |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:07 - 11 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
You'll be fine!
Just do what you always do, if they do pick up on any "bad habits" it's only going to be for the good of your riding at the end of the day isn't it?
PS - U-turn hint, find a wider road........
Enjoy the IAM & let us know how you get on - do I see an excuse for a party looming on the horizon?!!!! ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NickD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NickD World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:11 - 11 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good point!
Well the new gazebo & the BBQ have been tested satisfactorily for the coming season, and both are in good order and at your disposal if required!
But don't let CEW near the home-made Sangria...!!!  ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Claud 14.7 to 1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Claud 14.7 to 1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:27 - 11 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't worry.
I found car IAM really helpful. I mean if you're up to the standard, any minor things will be "passed off", as generally your riding will be good enough.
When you're good enough you will know it, and you'll be on-top of everything. . That is a great feeling.
And anything you do do wrong/aren't good enough at will be noted, and you can improve on it.
Win-win all round really.
Btw I got lots of things "wrong" in my first few sessions. All part of learning...
Think about it...at the end of the day you can still ride home, so it’s not as if you lose anything, just gain.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NickD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NickD World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:09 - 12 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bollocks!
It turns out that I'm not a riding god.
Still, the only 'poor' box that I got ticked on the assessment sheet was in the 'observation of speed limits' category.
But after riding all this time it was still a great learning experience, and I'm really looking forward to the rest. So far I would definitely recommend it.  ____________________ I was only doing what it said on my licence officer....
Tear along the dotted line! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jammy-G |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Jammy-G Banned

Joined: 17 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NickD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NickD World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jammy-G |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Jammy-G Banned

Joined: 17 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NickD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NickD World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:33 - 12 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
They have a set assessment route that starts at the dovecote pub, and runs through Enderby, Huncote, and Croft, and that's what I did today (3 times), but after this the routes are different every time, according to the riders needs. I know what you mean about red hill circle though, I go use it every time we go up to the Ox and it's always a pain in the arse.  ____________________ I was only doing what it said on my licence officer....
Tear along the dotted line! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|