Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 06 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psst, BodyGuard, you logged in to the wrong account. Shhh!
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

orac
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 06 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerene crashed just as I tried to save the output file after 4+ hours of image stacking. 4 hours of processor time wasted.

Luckily helicon is still going on the raw files so fingers crossed it will generate a decent output, I may well re-run zerene for a side by side comparison. I could use PS for stacking but not sure how it will handle a 400 photo stack.
____________________
Current rides - 2016 Triumph Street Triple Rx, 1994 Suzuki Bandit 400 VM, TGB 204 Classic 125cc
"with nothing left to lose, there is everything to gain. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 06 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who move my helmet, pulling the breath deflector out in the process Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Feb 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 06 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking Horse riders, Again. They are my most hated road users by far.

I slow down to about 5mph to give way to the horse and so that the horse doesn't flip out and kill the person, they then wave at me to slow down as I'm doing 5mph next to them. I then carry on only to meet 3 riders abreast a mile down (which I think is illegal, again I slow to a walking pace only for all 3 of them to be waving to slow down, I laugh at them which they can see then I speed up away from them.

The thing is I have to be careful because if one of their horses flips out and kills the cunt the other 2 riders will say in court I was speeding, not giving way or yielding, revving the engine, beeping the horn, horse is always fine etc. In my opinion I am nice to them, I once turned off my engine and waited a few minutes for a horse to pass, I don't slow for walkers or cyclists and they never complain (in countryside). They then have the cheek to tell me to slow down after hearing me slow down from as soon as I see them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

winz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 06 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
Fucking Horse riders, Again. They are my most hated road users by far.

I slow down to about 5mph to give way to the horse and so that the horse doesn't flip out and kill the person, they then wave at me to slow down as I'm doing 5mph next to them.


Are you sure they aren't thanking you for slowing down?
____________________
Current Bikes: BMW K1200S
Previous: Honda CBR929RR, Honda CBR1100XX, Honda CB600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:39 - 07 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've seen it too. A reflex palm down gesture, regardless of what speed you're doing. I like to coast past, clutch in and practically in the opposite ditch while giving a cheery wave, just to prick their ingrained sense of grievance. Whistle


Right, today: a Homeless infesting the one piece of semi-covered ground nearby that bikes park on. Just lying there curled up in its free[*] bag, like it's got some sort of right to abuse the private land that we normally make use of.

Is there a council warden that I can call to have it impounded? Don't they all have to be microchipped by now?

[UPDATE] The Homeless has moved in. It's formed some sort of primitive cardboard nest, and marked its territory liberally with what's either cider, Homeless urine, or a combination of both. Maaaarvellous.


[*] Glasgow is not short of Homeless Huggers. There's some outfit giving away so many sleeping bags that Homeless often don't even bother hanging on to them, they just leave them lying around once they're soiled and shuffle off to claim another. There are also several shelters: sleeping rough is a choice.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 07 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacker pedpoi is back again, challenging articulated lorries to a duel. I had the misfortunate of being behind him for a while this morning. I fully expect to find his carcass on the road tomorrow morning.
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:55 - 08 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protip: ignore the Argos 9 carat bling, go straight for the trainers.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 08 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got sent out to Abu Dhabi with about 7 hours notice today... Gears well and truly ground.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 08 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who think they know best, have to do things/find out the hard way and find people with experience and knowledge boring.
Catch you later, in A&E. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:41 - 09 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone hit my car then drove off.

Whoever did it I hope you get a UTI.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Sep 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:54 - 10 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Someone hit my car then drove off.

Whoever did it I hope you get a UTI.

No, no, that's not the ticket!

Gears oiled, Fisty wrote:
Someone giving me a parking ticket allowing me to park for free for the day in the car park as they were leaving.

I then passed it on as I was leaving.

Someone hit Someone's car, then drove off.
Someone hit your car, then drove off.
Thus must you hit someone else's car and drive off.
That someone else must hit another someone else's car and drive off . . .

And so swings the roundabout of life.

A.K.A.
Karma
Carma.

Very Happy
____________________
There's a fine line between integrity
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 10 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to make sandwiches

loads of them for a kids party

thought that's why I got married Laughing Laughing





ps the above is a joke
____________________
gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)
if its spelt wrong its my fat fingers and daft auto correct on my tablet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 10 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fecking grinds my gears!, I`ll tell you what grinds my fecking gears!

I start putting a few pennies away to have a bit of work done on my Kawasaki, and this happens!
The windscreen wiper motor on the car decides to eat it`self Confused not a five minute fix Mad
Then I walk in the house for the missus to tell that the cooker is trying to kill it`self and take us with it.
The safety switch that stops the cooker being used with the lid down has broken and two knobs have fallen off! WTF!

So a new cooker is going to be purchased and I have the ball-ache of trying to sort out the windscreen wiper motor.
You can bet I will have to end up pulling out half the dash Crying or Very sad
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 10 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her car breaks down and this means I have no car. How does that work?
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 10 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I have the ball-ache of trying to sort out the windscreen wiper motor.
You can bet I will have to end up pulling out half the dash Crying or Very sad


What car is it Pepps?
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Mazda and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 10 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
What car is it Pepps?


Land Rover Defender. I think it is a shed but she likes it, has all the off road snorkel, bash plates, raised suspension no bloody luxury. Her Range Rover was nice, but she swapped it for this crap.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:10 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two unavoidable pot-holes that rip my tyres to shreds on the way to work.

Being at work when I have so much I need to be doing at home.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 11 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
What fecking grinds my gears!, I`ll tell you what grinds my fecking gears!

I start putting a few pennies away to have a bit of work done on my Kawasaki, and this happens!
The windscreen wiper motor on the car decides to eat it`self Confused not a five minute fix Mad
Then I walk in the house for the missus to tell that the cooker is trying to kill it`self and take us with it.
The safety switch that stops the cooker being used with the lid down has broken and two knobs have fallen off! WTF!

So a new cooker is going to be purchased and I have the ball-ache of trying to sort out the windscreen wiper motor.
You can bet I will have to end up pulling out half the dash Crying or Very sad


I had a spare grand that I was going to use to have a new roof put on the garage and sort out the leaking walls. My boiler broke.

Now i have a new boiler and no spare grand
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:43 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished work late tonight, still got no bike, train was late which resulted in me missing my bus, so had to wait 20 minutes until the next one. Pissing down with rain and there's no shelter at the bus stop. Discovered that there's a hole in my shoes, so now have a cold and soggy foot.

Got home starving, went to cook something to eat and my cooker made an electrical fizzing noise and died half way through cooking my food. Ended up having a bowl of sugar puffs.
____________________
There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

What car is it Pepps?


Vauxhall Zafaria Embarassed
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
Finished work late, no bike, train was late , missing my bus, had to wait 20 minutes. Pissing down with rain, hole in my shoes, cold and soggy foot.

starving, cooker died.


Laughing welcome to Pepperami`s world Laughing
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

This police wannabe twat we followed home from work, riding 5mph under the limit and constantly glancing round at pedestrians to see if they'd noticed him. Fuck. Right. Off.
I liken these dicks to TA folk who wear full uniform during the week.

https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh10/torty_2008/9bf8e10c-c83d-4a44-b636-c7b0dab187ad_zpswppxtkvj.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I saw one of those type of goons a while back, only he was also wearing one of those POLITE hi viz jackets.

Initially I thought whoops po po ahead. Then within a second or two I realised it was just some wannabe twat. The urge to punch him was strong.
____________________
There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 12 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
^^^ I saw one of those type of goons a while back, only he was also wearing one of those POLITE hi viz jackets.


This would have probably tipped me over the edge.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 175 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 118 of 698

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.06 Kb